TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Color?

NVWSSV

At 40k+, I was hoping the GT500 was going to have My Color. I think it would be kinda cool to have red gauges one night, blue the next, green the following night, yellow etc.

Anyone else disappointed about not getting My Color in the GT500?

Wasn't really aware that they nixed it.

But, no, I'm not really disappointed about it.

KingCobra.

Where did you hear that?!

Everything I have seen mentioned My Color standard in the GT500....

:blink:

Well, I guess I could have stated my post with a question.

Is the GT500 going to have My Color?

I've just been perusing all this information - http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=18 and all the info on the new site - http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html and can't find any mention of it. Which leads me to believe they nixed it or just forgot to mention it.

If there is info out there confirming My Color, please provide a link because I can’t find anything.

Well, I guess I could have stated my post with a question.

Is the GT500 going to have My Color?

I've just been perusing all this information - http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=18 and all the info on the new site - http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html and can't find any mention of it. Which leads me to believe they nixed it or just forgot to mention it.

If there is info out there confirming My Color, please provide a link because I can’t find anything.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that was a standard option on the car. They talked alot about it on the concept. I'll try to find more info for you.

I still think ford needs a minor software update to allow mycolor to shift colors as 'shiftlight' or 'watch your speed' or 'turn off the stereo, your phones ringing' indicator- whatever, as long as programmable by owner I think it would be cool(dont slap a mandatory red at 75 in there type of thing...) freebie to ford, hope they try to implement it...

I do think gt500 will have, as all pics have shown dark IUP dash so far.

I don't have any idea what dial/switch changes the color for My Color. Is that it in the pic? Also, notice the gauge cluster is showing white in this pic, many other pics I've seen show the gauges in blue, so maybe I'm wrong.

Mycolor buttons are above radio- three on left side are something for the 'message center' and mycolor adjustments...Or so Ive read- my gages are lit bright white when lights are off, green when lights are on.(no mycolor here). the lit with ignition almost got me in trouble first night I drove it- stopped to pick something up, came out, drove home- no lights on...didnt notice till I got almost home, out of the bright lights...kinda wish dash lights were off unless lights were on, just to prevent this...

Also, I ran my tank pretty low the other night, and it didnt turn red...guess thats a mycolor thing too.

I still think ford needs a minor software update to allow mycolor to shift colors as 'shiftlight' or 'watch your speed' or 'turn off the stereo, your phones ringing' indicator- whatever, as long as programmable by owner I think it would be cool(dont slap a mandatory red at 75 in there type of thing...) freebie to ford, hope they try to implement it...

I do think gt500 will have, as all pics have shown dark IUP dash so far.

Cool, and for the driver with kids, yellow for I gotta pee, blue for are we there yet?, red for sit down and be quiet and a rainbow for honey we are lost, please stop and ask someone.

Boy, for as much B.S. as they're putting us all through I'd hope that it would be standard.

I know Ford's trying to save a few bucks, but jeez what's next - standard vinyl seats? crank windows? non-power 4-wheel drum brakes (like my 68!)??

I don't have any idea what dial/switch changes the color for My Color. Is that it in the pic? Also, notice the gauge cluster is showing white in this pic, many other pics I've seen show the gauges in blue, so maybe I'm wrong.

I believe that is the dash illumination adjustment. (brightness)

KingCobra.

Archived