TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Guys 2009 schedule (performance driving schools)

Stanger58

Happy New Year! Now, get your calendars out - here's the Track Guys Performance Driving Events 2009 schedule! Please pass this along to all your track driving friends - students and instructors alike!

March 28-29, Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas

May 2-3, Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, West Virginia

May 23-24, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida

July 18-19, Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, Michigan

July 18-19, Mid America Motorplex, Glenwood, Iowa

August 31-Sept 1, Mosport International Raceway (yes, the BIG track), Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

September 12-13, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, Oklahoma

September 19-20, Bluegrass Motorsport Club, Sparta, Kentucky

October 3-4, Reno-Fernley Raceway, Fernley, Nevada

We will be using Motorsportreg.com for online registration and will post a direct link when we open registration (very soon!)

We will also be updating the Track Guys web site soon and are working hard to bring some unique elements to our events that will benefit both our students and instructors.

Here are a couple of links to some articles about the types of events we put on:

2008 Sebring event: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/even...vent/index.html

2007 Miller Motorsports Park event: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/even...hool/index.html

On behalf of the entire Track Guys Team, we want to thank everyone for your support of the events we've been conducting since 2002 (SVTOA On Track, National Lightning Owners, the Ford 100th Birthday track events and even the 2008 Team Shelby / Carroll Shelby B-day event). The bottom line: we are a bunch of enthusiastic, sick-o Track Dawgs and believe in providing safe, fun and educational experiences for everyone who attends.

See you on track in 2009! :happy feet:

Jeff Lacina

Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

The TWS event last year was a very good learning experience. It's a track that the GT500 can have some fun and the Track Guys instructors are great (the gals too). Thanks to Wayne for talking me into running in the rain (with the slicks) Sunday morning; Something clicked that session and by the end of the day I was getting close to putting a whole lap together. :shift:

I'll be signing up for the Hallett event this year though (much closer to home........)

If you live anywhere close to one of these tracks, you need to go! Especially if you've never driven on a road course. A weekend with these instructors will make you a safer daily driver and just might make you a track junkie too........ :devil2:

Hi Jeff- Great post - thx for the info. Not sure if you recall meeting us when you sat at our table for dinner at the 85th. Hope you and your wife have a great 2009. We still covet the pic of my wife, your wife with Patrick D.

Wish a Track Guys event was closer to me.....

Thanks for the compliment, we appreciate hearing how we did and what we can do better. Now, Sebring would be a nice road trip for you... :shift: And, your car would REALLY like the loooong straights. Come on down!

Track Guys did a great job last year at the Bash. Wish yall did something in GA

MM

• 1 month later...

Attention in the Paddock!!

Registration is now open for the Texas and Sebring events... Summit Point will be open soon too...

Go here to sign up... http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

And if you're interested in running at Sebring, don't delay - that event has sold out the last two years.

See you on track! :happy feet:

Jeff Lacina

Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

I plan on attending the TMS event next month. Will be my first road racing experience and a good chance to gain some skills and strech the legs of the GT500. I've got a helmet and will give the car a good once over before the event. Any specific recommendations for additional car or personal prep? Any feedback appreciated.

Also, is the event open to all vehicles? Might be able to swing a couple friends to come along for the experience.

NOOOO! "All verts must have at least a 4 point roll bar"

Looking for a "loaner" car now.

Sorry, but it's all about safety and our ability to secure insurance for these types of events.

Think of it this way: installing a four-point roll bar in your convertible will make it DIFFERENT than 98% of the other GT500 convertibles out there...and you'll get to enjoy it's performance in a whole new environment!

Lacina

[

Think of it this way: installing a four-point roll bar in your convertible will make it DIFFERENT than 98% of the other GT500 convertibles out there...and you'll get to enjoy it's performance in a whole new environment!

Lucina,

To enjoy this performance, where do you get a four point rollbar?

Randal.

[

Lucina,

To enjoy this performance, where do you get a four point rollbar?

Randal.

You can purchase one from Autopower: http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollbars.asp

Or, you could take your car to a reputable and trustworhty race car/chassis fabrication shop and have one custom-built for your car.

Jeff Lacina

I plan on attending the TMS event next month. Will be my first road racing experience and a good chance to gain some skills and strech the legs of the GT500. I've got a helmet and will give the car a good once over before the event. Any specific recommendations for additional car or personal prep? Any feedback appreciated.

Also, is the event open to all vehicles? Might be able to swing a couple friends to come along for the experience.

Any make is welcome at Track Guys events. As long as the car passes tech it is welcome. I have driven everything from V6 Mustangs to a Hyundai Sonata to multiple SVT Focus’s; it is not so much about the car but the driver.

Bring some friends, the more the merrier. The TWS event will have the "Track Guys Test Drive" which gives fence sitters a taste of the track without committing to a full weekend’s expense. “Test Drive” participants can participate in the classroom sessions, a noon parade lap and one session with an instructor. Be forewarned most people sign up for the rest of the weekend after getting "the taste".

As far as car prep, fresh brake fluid is recommended, it does not age as well as a fine wine. Bring along a set of front pads or make sure the local parts store has some in stock, just in case. Some folks are harder on pads than others. Bring tools to replace the pads including a hose to bleed the brakes. It is easier to bring exactly what you need rather than asking around, you don't want to miss any track time tracking down parts or tools.

Blue painters tape is nice to have to make your numbers or to protect the nose from chips if that is a worry. There is usually some floating around the paddock but having your own makes things easier.

As far as the driver, make sure you are fully hydrated before Saturday morning. The saying is that if you aren't hitting the restroom before each session you are not getting enough water/fluids. The repeated adrenaline rush spikes really drain you over the weekend.

See you there.

Skinny Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait. Thanks for the tips. I've just installed SS brake lines, upgraded front and rear pads, and swiched to Brembo LCF 600+ brake fluid. Tires are good and I'm sure it will be a great time and a wonderful learning experience that will give me "the bug" to do more events in the future.

• 1 month later...

Archived