TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Reveal

wishihad1

Hmmm... just noticed, no Shelby badging in the interior(gone from the horn and not replaced anywhere). Whats that about?

Something also just noticed, the seat bolstering is suede. Should help to lock you in but over time it will look like crud.

It's not gone.

Look close.

untitled.bmp

untitled.bmp

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the same thing was said in 67, 69, 71, and 74......this is nothing new..the biggest bitch session was in 67 when ford redesigned that loveable coupe....some of my old mags have quotes like.."its too heavy".."its way too big now." you get the idea....all in all you diaper clad guys need to ask yourself......"would you have really liked to have the 89 probe design as the mustang"...my answer in 89 was hell no and i even sent off that little card that was in mustang monthly that year to ford telling em no way in hell a mustang should be front wheel drive....the 2010 looks great and the new gut appears to have been worth the wait....now FORD where are the new powertrains?

I am a diaper clad comment guy, and I agree, I don't want a Probe for a Mustang. I too, sent in that card...

I think the new car looks great, but I am still critical of the lower facia of the rear. I don't like how it looks like a diaper, and it seems awkward to me how the license plate area is cut in half. I'd still buy one in a heartbeat, if I didn't have an '08.

It is still an awesome car, but I have a few styling gripes. I am not telling people to boycott Ford or anything like that.... We are on the same page, we love Mustangs and all things Mustang. Just a little "armchair design" commenting.... Sorry if it offended anyone.

I didn't think I was going to be able to say this, but I like it a lot!!

I have 2 dislikes,

1. How the grill beam sticks out farther than the hood.

2. The "GT 500" writting on the side.

You can't please them all but all in all the car looks amazing!! I wont trade mine in on it, but maybe in addition down the road. The 2 blues look sharp!

2010 looks more like its leaning towards a sports car look whereas the 07-09 leans more towards a muscle car look. There are things I like about it but I will keep my 07.

Its kind of funny that in all these pictures there is no full shot of the rear like ford is admitting they screwed up. If they are so ashamed of the rear why the hell did they go ahead with the design!!?? If they would have kept the rear as is, it would have been great!

Just my 2c. The rear end and the seat stripes suck.

+1 on the rear end. As far as the seat stripres are concerned, I guess it depends on the color. On the one I saw in Dearborn last September, the seat stripes were red and looked nice. Not sure about the white ones though. Problem is you can't choose; seat stripes are automatically the same color as the exterior stripes. I would have liked red seat stripes better on the red car. Just another reason to keep mine I guess...

• 1 month later...
I think the Carrera 4S just got bumped out of my pipedream. Hello GT500!

I'm with you on that...had my eye on a 997 Carrera S to compliment the 08GT500 but I think that's scrapped now. These cars are just too damn good looking and powerful to resist. Would be nice to have some variety but damn this thing is sweet.

I'm with you on that...had my eye on a 997 Carrera S to compliment the 08GT500 but I think that's scrapped now. These cars are just too damn good looking and powerful to resist. Would be nice to have some variety but damn this thing is sweet.

I was considering a Porsche too. Decided to go with the GT500. Who knows how long they will be available. I don't see them being around for years. We may see a repeat of the '70's and engine size/hp will decrease due to economy/gas prices/cafe standards. Anyway, I can always buy a Porsche when I'm older....

• 4 weeks later...

From the interior photos it appears that the gauges will finally be readable in daytime/sunlight. Had a hell of a time seeing them in my '07, though they were fine at night.

As far as I can tell, the '10 still does not have a power passenger seat, even as an option. This was fixable on the '07-'09, but it remains to be seen how easily so on the '10.

As far as I can tell, the '10 still does not have a power passenger seat, even as an option. This was fixable on the '07-'09, but it remains to be seen how easily so on the '10.

Just noticed that too about the seat. Pretty suprising for a $50k car. Though not entirely suprising from Ford as I noticed short cuts like that in my F150 in 2005.

Oh well. Guess that's what the aftermarket is for.

Just noticed that too about the seat. Pretty suprising for a $50k car. Though not entirely suprising from Ford as I noticed short cuts like that in my F150 in 2005.

Oh well. Guess that's what the aftermarket is for.

They are trying to keep the weight down by not having a drivers side power seat.

They are trying to keep the weight down by not having a drivers side power seat.

That really adds that much weight or are you being sarcastic? Guess, I never thought of it that way. Haha, that gives me the extra incentive to lose those 10 lbs I've been talking about losing so I can have a power passenger's seat.

That really adds that much weight or are you being sarcastic? Guess, I never thought of it that way. Haha, that gives me the extra incentive to lose those 10 lbs I've been talking about losing so I can have a power passenger's seat.

I'm serious.

The thought process was less weight because the power motor would not be there.

True story.

I don't see a need for power seats unless two people drive the car on a regular basis - and the seat has a memory function. I never touch my seat - or my mirrors. They're just something else to have issues with down the road.

The 2007-09 GT500 has a power driver's seat (forward/backward/tilt) but a manual passenger's seat (forward/backward only). Having read nothing to the contrary, I presume this is unchanged for the 2010 GT500.

The advantage to the power passenger seat is that the tilt-function allows the entire seat to be raised from its low-against-the-floor position, and of course to be tilted for the occupant's comfort.

Power passenger seat & heating for both seats is a 2007-09 option for the Mustang GT, but strangely not for the GT500. I was curious to know if the 2010 GT500 had added this, at least as an option, but apparently not.

By this procedure, fine-tuned by these considerations, you can add power [but not heat] to the 07-09 GT500 passenger seat. If the seats have been changed in the 2010 Mustangs, it remains to be seen whether a similar modification will be possible in the 2010 GT500.

Hmmm... just noticed, no Shelby badging in the interior(gone from the horn and not replaced anywhere). Whats that about?

Something also just noticed, the seat bolstering is suede. Should help to lock you in but over time it will look like crud.

That suede is actually a synthetic faux suede, tradename Alcantara. I have it in my 98K mile '01 S4 and it wears very well and repells stains. Holds you in your seat too. It's a great upgrade.

Just got back from the twincitiesautoshow.com and saw the 2010 mustang for the first time and I am so HAPPY I have an 08 SGT. I DO NOT like the 2010 mustang as much as my car. I am sure the 2010 Shelby GT500 looks a lot better than the standard mustang I can't wait to see the new GT500.

I will never understand why they used those rear tailights or the front bumper on the standard Mustang

Just got back from the twincitiesautoshow.com and saw the 2010 mustang for the first time and I am so HAPPY I have an 08 SGT. I DO NOT like the 2010 mustang as much as my car. I am sure the 2010 Shelby GT500 looks a lot better than the standard mustang I can't wait to see the new GT500.

I will never understand why they used those rear tailights or the front bumper on the standard Mustang

Those who make those calls apparently feel like change is good - regardless of why. Very sad.

Ever seen a Mustang II?

Archived