TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Years Day Cruise in San Diego

Rag Top Day

:shift: Thought I would let anyone interested know of this San Diego cruise; :shift:

As a way to kick off 2009 in the SVTOA style to which we've all become accustomed, we'll holding our first cruise of the year on the very first day of the year. We'll be meeting in the parking lot of the Edwards Cinema theater in Rancho San Diego between 11:30-11:45. We'll have a brief drivers' meeting, then take off for the cruise at high noon. The destination of the cruise is TBD, and will be posted here when it's determined. If you have any ideas or preferences for a destination (i.e. late lunch, local car collection, etc.), please post them in the next week or so.

UPDATE: The destination will be the Lake Wohlford Cafe in Escondido. The route will include some nice driving roads but will be a bit more "passenger friendly" than some of our previous routes, avoiding the tightest twisties like Highland Valley Rd and Bundy Canyon Rd. The Lake Wohlford Cafe will have parking set aside for us. PLEASE RSVP IN THIS THREAD, SO WE KNOW HOW MANY PARKING SPACES WE'LL NEED AND HOW MANY FOLKS WILL BE HAVING LUNCH.

We're starting much later than usual to let the more enthusiastic revelers among us sleep off any New Year's hangovers, so hopefully we'll have a strong turnout for our first event of the new year.

NOTE: This event will take the place of our January meeting, which would normally be the same day at 7:00p. Please show up for the cruise, but DON"T show up for the meeting.

Thanks,

Mark Goldberg

Activities Director

SVTOA San Diego

mark@svtoasandiego.com

The San Diego SVTOA web site for more info is,

http://svtoasandiego.com/

• 1 month later...
:shift: Thought I would let anyone interested know of this San Diego cruise; :shift:

As a way to kick off 2009 in the SVTOA style to which we've all become accustomed, we'll holding our first cruise of the year on the very first day of the year. We'll be meeting in the parking lot of the Edwards Cinema theater in Rancho San Diego between 11:30-11:45. We'll have a brief drivers' meeting, then take off for the cruise at high noon. The destination of the cruise is TBD, and will be posted here when it's determined. If you have any ideas or preferences for a destination (i.e. late lunch, local car collection, etc.), please post them in the next week or so.

UPDATE: The destination will be the Lake Wohlford Cafe in Escondido. The route will include some nice driving roads but will be a bit more "passenger friendly" than some of our previous routes, avoiding the tightest twisties like Highland Valley Rd and Bundy Canyon Rd. The Lake Wohlford Cafe will have parking set aside for us. PLEASE RSVP IN THIS THREAD, SO WE KNOW HOW MANY PARKING SPACES WE'LL NEED AND HOW MANY FOLKS WILL BE HAVING LUNCH.

We're starting much later than usual to let the more enthusiastic revelers among us sleep off any New Year's hangovers, so hopefully we'll have a strong turnout for our first event of the new year.

NOTE: This event will take the place of our January meeting, which would normally be the same day at 7:00p. Please show up for the cruise, but DON"T show up for the meeting.

Thanks,

Mark Goldberg

Activities Director

SVTOA San Diego

mark@svtoasandiego.com

The San Diego SVTOA web site for more info is,

http://svtoasandiego.com/

Keep me posted, do you welcome old school Shelby's??

Keep me posted, do you welcome old school Shelby's??

You're more than welcome to bring your old school Shelby to one of our events. We are the SVT Owers Association, but you don't have to have an SVT vehicle to join. We're a Ford enthusiast club. While many of our members do have SVT vehicles, a number of us don't. I drive an '86 Mustang LX coupe that used to be a 4-cylinder car and now has a transplanted 5.0 and a bunch of suspension and brake upgrades. We have an event coming up on Feb. 21 that has been posted on this forum -- our tour and tech talk at Vogtland Suspension in Temecula.

Mark

Archived