TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Team Shelby Meetup with Track Time - Interest Check

SPRSNK

Alrighty, Interest check time. I'm a member of www.harrishillroad.com and we could book a weekend or day event for track time there and meet each other at the same time. If we don't have enough people to just flat out rent the whole track for the day/weekend, I am pretty sure I can work out a deal for a small group of us to run with the members. I have quite a few ideas of what we could do with this event, everything from 4 of us just going out there for the weekend and running around the track to renting the whole track and taking the proceeds and donating them to the CSCF. It all depends on the interest and turnout.

The track is a 1.8-mile, 11-turn asphalt road course. The course is 36-feet wide with over 150 feet of elevation changes and a challenging mix of on and off-camber turns, including the 80-foot rise and drop of Santa Rita (Turn 4, named after the patron saint of the impossible task).

The track is fun. I'm currently running c to 1:32 - 1:34 with the Terlingua on street tires. Helmets are required.

So, chime in if you are interested. All Team Shelby Members are welcome.

I guess I could flog my brothers car on the track for a while. where is it again? and what is the total cost to rent the whole track??

I've sent off an email to ask what it would cost. We'll let you run a golf cart around the paddock! As for the flogging...keep that between you and Warren.

Alrighty, Interest check time. I'm a member of www.harrishillroad.com and we could book a weekend or day event for track time there and meet each other at the same time. If we don't have enough people to just flat out rent the whole track for the day/weekend, I am pretty sure I can work out a deal for a small group of us to run with the members. I have quite a few ideas of what we could do with this event, everything from 4 of us just going out there for the weekend and running around the track to renting the whole track and taking the proceeds and donating them to the CSCF. It all depends on the interest and turnout.

The track is a 1.8-mile, 11-turn asphalt road course. The course is 36-feet wide with over 150 feet of elevation changes and a challenging mix of on and off-camber turns, including the 80-foot rise and drop of Santa Rita (Turn 4, named after the patron saint of the impossible task).

The track is fun. I'm currently running c to 1:32 - 1:34 with the Terlingua on street tires. Helmets are required.

So, chime in if you are interested. All Team Shelby Members are welcome.

I'd definitely be interested in being part of this...

• 2 weeks later...

Now Im pissed...

I just checked their website, cuz I got a definite track bug now that Ive been on one, and they just up'ed the initiation fee 1100.00

Crap, I could have saved over a grand if I got a membership 2 weeks ago? a 110% increase? WTF :censored:

Maybe Rick can add me as a family member for 45 a month and then we can just split the overall costs for him. 45 + 90 = 135 I could pay 70, you 65 and it would save us both money.

Wadda ya think Rick? You could be my brotha from another motha. We could just tell them we are half brothers...works with Sean and I! :hysterical:

Normally our weekend rentals are $4250 + insurance + EMS. Insurance is 1200 or so. EMS usually runs about 450/day. Call it 6k for the sake of argument. IF we had 20 people it would be 300.00 a person for all weekend.

I suspect that we need to just do a small group for a Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone, I've had to put this on hold. We may be leaving for San Diego and the birth of our twins any time in the next two weeks...which means I have no clue as to when I would be returning. I've still got all intentions on doing this event and have even talked to the owners regarding it and they are all for it. In all reality we're going to be looking at a May date some time. I'll let you know more information as I get it, but the birth of the twins is foremost in the front of my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived