TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby vs. Vette Value

BillyG

I know there was another thread regarding this but I couldn't find it. I wish I had my camera.

So I'm driving to the girlfriends house. I drive past this very large Cadillac and Vette only dealer.

Big Flashing sign out front......"Brand new Corvettes at Invoice"

I think that says it all.............................

I know there was another thread regarding this but I couldn't find it. I wish I had my camera.

So I'm driving to the girlfriends house. I drive past this very large Cadillac and Vette only dealer.

Big Flashing sign out front......"Brand new Corvettes at Invoice"

I think that says it all.............................

:shift: :wacko: :sos::fan::doh::party::rant:

Who doesn't have access to a Vette, thats the point, I wouldn't let anyone use my Shelby.

The point is fact, and when everyone on this site all have cars, and dealers are selling them at cost because they have too many, the point remains.

The fact that Vette guys keep down playing the reponse to the new Shelby, just substantiates the truth........................

It will be interesting to see a road test conducted using the current Z06 Vette (505HP) and the Shelby GT500...C&D did one using the stock Vette (with 400HP) and it appeared to do quite well against the GT500...now the Z06, that's a different beast...I'm a bit biased since my weekend car is a Vette...but I do love my Mustangs (I've owned quite a few over the years and love my current one). Better yet, perhaps one of the forum members will be able to let us know when they encounter a current Z06 on the road how it turns out.

"It will be interesting to see a road test conducted using the current Z06 Vette (505HP) and the Shelby GT500...C&D did one using the stock Vette (with 400HP) and it appeared to do quite well against the GT500...now the Z06, that's a different beast...I'm a bit biased since my weekend car is a Vette...but I do love my Mustangs (I've owned quite a few over the years and love my current one). Better yet, perhaps one of the forum members will be able to let us know when they encounter a current Z06 on the road how it turns out."

WTF?

Back away from the NOS pipe very slowly..... :baby:

Hel-lo? What is up with y'all with Brands?

More hp - less weight - the winner.

Why aren't we discussing which brand is more fun to drive?

Let's stop waving our econonmic dicks and start talking about how much fun each car is TO DRIVE! :shift:

Dave - I thought you were joking. You know that you just click on the "show all" button on the clickable smiles and they are all there - don't you ?

Oh snap...I thought that was one you made yourself...I had not seen it before. I guess I'm used to some people designing their own...like the guy biting his fingernails. Thanks Rob....and here's one I don't see often.

:gang:

Dave

It will be interesting to see a road test conducted using the current Z06 Vette (505HP) and the Shelby GT500...C&D did one using the stock Vette (with 400HP) and it appeared to do quite well against the GT500...now the Z06, that's a different beast...I'm a bit biased since my weekend car is a Vette...but I do love my Mustangs (I've owned quite a few over the years and love my current one). Better yet, perhaps one of the forum members will be able to let us know when they encounter a current Z06 on the road how it turns out.

Not interesting to me. If I wanted to go faster or quicker than either, there are a bunch of motorcycles that will leave both in the dust.

I didn't want a motorcycle or a Vette cuz neither works for me. The Shelby GT500 did and does. :)

Dave - I thought you were joking. You know that you just click on the "show all" button on the clickable smiles and they are all there - don't you ?

:blush: I didn't see that before. :blush:

It's not like the button is hidden or anything, either. :ninja:

Next time I :soapbox: or :stirpot: I'll have to use some of these. :banana piano:

I'm a little bummed I didn't learn about this until now :violin: but, Lord willing, I should be able to use these in a few posts before I :rip:

Thanks for the tip, Rob! :party2:

:grouphug:

RUFDRAFT, it seems that I struck a nerve with you by mentioning the C6 Z06...You wouldn't back away from a challenge with one at a light or a winding road race, now would you?

:blush: I didn't see that before. :blush:

It's not like the button is hidden or anything, either. :ninja:

Next time I :soapbox: or :stirpot: I'll have to use some of these. :banana piano:

I'm a little bummed I didn't learn about this until now :violin: but, Lord willing, I should be able to use these in a few posts before I :rip:

Thanks for the tip, Rob! :party2:

:grouphug:

I am glad to help where I can.

:tease:

Good morning Mr. Rodgers. I found that binky yesterday in the road when I was walking the dog. Brought it home and my wife said "what is that for" ? I knew it would come in handy for something. Good Fun.

RUFDRAFT, it seems that I struck a nerve with you by mentioning the C6 Z06...You wouldn't back away from a challenge with one at a light or a winding road race, now would you?

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen,...........Oh, sorry......that was the other site. :poke:

This subject has been beat to death; however, I have been sucked in again to comment. :boring:

Each of these cars was designed to fit slightly different wants and desires of the customer. One is better at some things than the other and, the opposite is also true. Mustang, including the Shelby, are in a class of cars more like the Camaros and Firebirds. :shrug:

The Corvette in a class more like Vipers and Ford GT's

You cannot directly compare the two and be fair to either car. :rant:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen,...........Oh, sorry......that was the other site. :poke:

This subject has been beat to death; however, I have been sucked in again to comment. :boring:

Each of these cars was designed to fit slightly different wants and desires of the customer. One is better at some things than the other and, the opposite is also true. Mustang, including the Shelby, are in a class of cars more like the Camaros and Firebirds. :shrug:

The Corvette in a class more like Vipers and Ford GT's

You cannot directly compare the two and be fair to either car. :rant:

If memory serves me well & back in the Day… Heritage says Carroll built the 1st Shelby to be a Corvette Killer per Ford & the rest is history

If memory serves me well & back in the Day… Heritage says Carroll built the 1st Shelby to be a Corvette Killer per Ford & the rest is history

True, but they are different types of cars, are they not?

BTW, the new Shelby is certainly up the task, magazine articles written by idiots is not the end all :shift:

The Vette only has two seats and the Shelby has four. Some people have kids and need the four seats to justify the purchase to the wifey. :shift:

I found out that if you buy Wifey her own Stang, you get bonus points, and a get out of jail free card! :D

Would I try and engage a new Z06?

Do you think me mentally challenged? :hysterical:

I love this continuing banter about Mustang v Vette.

It's really absurd.

Different cars - different price tags - designed for different purposes.

I truly do care a lot for my GT.

But if I had the pockets - there would be a little Red Corvette on my concrete.

And I wouldn't give a Rat's Azz what anybody thought about it.

Go test drive a C6, my brothers.

The car Rocks. If you don't think so - you're in denial.

The badge on the hood don't mean a thing. :shift:

Would I try and engage a new Z06?

Do you think me mentally challenged? :hysterical:

I love this continuing banter about Mustang v Vette.

It's really absurd.

Different cars - different price tags - designed for different purposes.

I truly do care a lot for my GT.

But if I had the pockets - there would be a little Red Corvette on my concrete.

And I wouldn't give a Rat's Azz what anybody thought about it.

Go test drive a C6, my brothers.

The car Rocks. If you don't think so - you're in denial.

The badge on the hood don't mean a thing. :shift:

Shame, shame, shame . . . Ruf, what's wrong with you?

I love Cars - CC - and I don't really care who makes them!

I have to admit that I agree. I don't really care who makes a particular car. If it is a well done vehicle (sports car, muscle car, pick-up, SUV, etc., etc., etc.) who cares who makes it? :violin:

Brand loyalty in spite of the evidence is a particulary bizarre form of pride in my opinion - especially when the opinion is held by someone who doesn't even WORK for an automobile manufacturer and therefore has no reasonable reason to have a biased opinion. :tease:

:stirpot:

Archived