TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

GT500-07

I see most SGT owners purchase stuff for our cars to keep, call us loyalists.Yes, there will be few that will try to make a profit out there but as has been said, you'll probably only get one chance to buy one from SAI.

Anyway you look at it you can put all those Shelby parts on your car but deep down you know and "let's be real" we LOYALISTS will call you out if you try to put Shelby parts on a non-Shelby car and calling it real, trust me we have an eye and knowledge about these things. I hope this hood can come out painted and prepped ready to go. :happy feet:

there are some of us who just like the look of the hood,and the way it works, ( not making a clone ),you " LOYALISTS " should lighten up alittle,,you all have numbers #,,,so why dislike the others who would like to have the same parts,,,this clone thing is kinda silly,,if you ask me,,,its all about money and I hope you will think that one out my friend,,, :koolaid:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to agree with Richard on this last comment. I mean, like I said before, some of us can't afford to own a real Shelby. I know I like certain parts from certain Shelbys (Terlingua hood). I see nothing wrong with buying a deep draw hood. I actually don't see anything wrong with making a tribute car (as I intend to do. Not a clone, but a tribute). You guys she be glad we're supporting Shelby and would like to have cars like yours. I could just as easily say, "Screw it. If Shelby doesn't wanna sell, i'll take my business so Saleen or Roush." But, of all the aftermarket companies, Shelby is my favorite. I would like to use as many Shelby parts as possible. I know my car will never be a real Shelby, but at least I know it has Shelby branded parts. It's amazing people will get so worked up over a hood. I'm aware that you guys want "exclusive" parts, but think if you were in our shoes. I'm still hoping that one day Shelby decides to release the deep draw hood to us non-Shelby (and apparently lesser) owners.

I'd have to agree with Richard on this last comment. I mean, like I said before, some of us can't afford to own a real Shelby. I know I like certain parts from certain Shelbys (Terlingua hood). I see nothing wrong with buying a deep draw hood. I actually don't see anything wrong with making a tribute car (as I intend to do. Not a clone, but a tribute). You guys she be glad we're supporting Shelby and would like to have cars like yours. I could just as easily say, "Screw it. If Shelby doesn't wanna sell, i'll take my business so Saleen or Roush." But, of all the aftermarket companies, Shelby is my favorite. I would like to use as many Shelby parts as possible. I know my car will never be a real Shelby, but at least I know it has Shelby branded parts. It's amazing people will get so worked up over a hood. I'm aware that you guys want "exclusive" parts, but think if you were in our shoes. I'm still hoping that one day Shelby decides to release the deep draw hood to us non-Shelby (and apparently lesser) owners.

+1. Especially since the vins and csm #'s are all recorded...and are available on a database for a potential buyer...

A cloned modern Shelby is still no where near as offensive as the "Harley Davidson" F-150 pickup... :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
<-------Quickly realizing he needs to either convert to a CS6 or Terlingua.

Terlingua FTMFW!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived