TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

GT500-07

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you, is there any venting at the back of the hood between the wipers?

Yes there is significant venting at the back. You can see it in person but it doesn't show up well in photo's. Vorpal's yellow hood would probably make a better picture. There are slots almost as wide as the front vents and about 1.5" tall on each side. If you look closely enough at the pictures you can see them. That's the main reason I took the shots from outside the A-pillar and of the bottom side of the hood (hoping to show them better).

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Henderson on Thurs. and the sales person showed me 6 deep draw hoods, and said more should be in within the next few weeks. They said as soon as they get orders filled for the TRT cars waiting to be built they are gonna release to the public. they would not say exactly when, but that it WAS being released. I put my hands on them and they are nice. Chris

We went to Henderson on Thurs. and the sales person showed me 6 deep draw hoods, and said more should be in within the next few weeks. They said as soon as they get orders filled for the TRT cars waiting to be built they are gonna release to the public. they would not say exactly when, but that it WAS being released. I put my hands on them and they are nice. Chris

sweet :happy feet:

need to be a TS member, sorry about that

I'm hoping to join soon. I know it's a small amount, but i've been on a tight budget lately.

Awesome! This is great news. I've had several different hoods in mind for my car. Now there no doubt what hood I want. I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

The Deep Draw hood compared to the GT-H/CS6 hood is very different. The Deep Draw hood is exactly that, it is MUCH deeper in the front dip down area. The rear is also quite different with the functional venting. The entire mold is very different, but similar in design I guess.

• 2 months later...

I'm a Mustang owner and have been hoping that the Deep Draw Hood would become available for sale without the Terlingua Mustang attached to it... Actually had I known that the Terlingua existed when I was buying my Mustang I would have bought one instead. It's a really, really cool Mustang.

That said, it sounds like these hoods may hit the aftermarket from the previous posts. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Shelby and the Terlingua history so I wasn't sure where or what Henderson is. Would they be the place to check regarding this hood's release? Are the any updates on the hood's availability?

Thanks!

I'm a Mustang owner and have been hoping that the Deep Draw Hood would become available for sale without the Terlingua Mustang attached to it... Actually had I known that the Terlingua existed when I was buying my Mustang I would have bought one instead. It's a really, really cool Mustang.

That said, it sounds like these hoods may hit the aftermarket from the previous posts. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Shelby and the Terlingua history so I wasn't sure where or what Henderson is. Would they be the place to check regarding this hood's release? Are the any updates on the hood's availability?

Thanks!

Henderson is a city that borders Las Vegas. ShelbyPerformanceParts.com is located there. I will ask Roger about the deep draw becoming available.

Henderson is a city that borders Las Vegas. ShelbyPerformanceParts.com is located there. I will ask Roger about the deep draw becoming available.

Bud says no, Amy says maybe, you say check with Roger, can we get a straight answer? Sounds like SAI is having problems getting them? See post #9

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39967

Archived