TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

GT500-07

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Bud says no, Amy says maybe, you say check with Roger, can we get a straight answer? Sounds like SAI is having problems getting them? See post #9

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39967

So now that the new GT packages are out I see the SR with a deep draw hood, any word on these available for purchase?

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/SSC/SSC18-1024.jpg

http://www.shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp?car=SSC

If Shelby is using this hood on the GT/SC, it must clear the KB and Whipple superchargers. If that is the case, I hope it is released. I'd love to add it to my vert. I really like the CS6 hood on my GT-H, but I would not want to hack one up to clear my Whipple.

Gary P told me in Tulsa that they will be releasing the hood to SGT people. I asked him if it was going to be around $1700 and he said it will be less than that.

Thanks for the good news NS. Let's hope the cost is more in line with the C6 hood

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...lby%20Hood.aspx

Gary P told me in Tulsa that they will be releasing the hood to SGT people. I asked him if it was going to be around $1700 and he said it will be less than that.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

That's good news for the SGT owners. But what about the rest of us poor bastards who can't afford a real Shelby?

You can always send in your Mustang and turn it into a Shelby SR then you would have one bad azz Shelby.

When Gary P told me that they were releasing the deep draw hood he didn't really give me too many details so I hope he wasn't referring that I would have to send my car in to be turned into a GT/SR in order to get the deep draw hood.

I saw the hood on the SR and said "I thought you guys were not releasing that hood to the SGT owners" and he said "we are now" and I said "how much will it be around $1,700" and he said " no it will be cheaper than that" so that was the entire conversation about the hood.

When I mentioned $1,700 I was thinking that should be the full price with it being painted and installed.

The Deep draw hood will be available to Shelby owners, so you will need to own a CS6, a Terlingua or a Shelby GT. We will be making it available soon

Amy

The Deep draw hood will be available to Shelby owners, so you will need to own a CS6, a Terlingua or a Shelby GT. We will be making it available soon

Amy

Thank You very much Amy for clarifying this and Thank You for doing this because there are a lot of us that will buy this hood.

Also your the best at Karoke I'll never look at the YMCA song the same ever again. Thanks for all the good times at all the Shelby events you guys are sure a lot of fun.

Amy

I'm glad it is limited to only the above mentioned cars so we don't see cloning all over the place.

Thanks Amy for making this available to us SGT owners. :happy feet:

You can always send in your Mustang and turn it into a Shelby SR then you would have one bad azz Shelby.

When Gary P told me that they were releasing the deep draw hood he didn't really give me too many details so I hope he wasn't referring that I would have to send my car in to be turned into a GT/SR in order to get the deep draw hood.

I saw the hood on the SR and said "I thought you guys were not releasing that hood to the SGT owners" and he said "we are now" and I said "how much will it be around $1,700" and he said " no it will be cheaper than that" so that was the entire conversation about the hood.

When I mentioned $1,700 I was thinking that should be the full price with it being painted and installed.

When I said poor, I meant poor. I have a V6 that I was going to convert to a CS6, but changed my mind because I wanted different parts. I can't afford to buy the whole package at once.

Amy

Darn. I wish I would've known about this sooner. I've already got a different spoiler installed on my car and am waiting on the parts for a different type of exhaust and GT500 rear bumper. If I were to purchase all of the parts for the CS6 turn 1 upgrade package, would I have to purchase the hood only to have to buy the deep draw hood right after? Any plans to release it later on to people who don't have either?

:lurk: just hold out alittle longer they will be on e-bay soon,,,everything else is ,,,money talks,,( what can be getten to ,can be got )I'm really not understanding this " Shelby GT owner's only thing,,,anyone can get a CS6 hood or a SS hood,,,so why are these hoods any different ???,,,when the Terlingua Hoods are relisted ,,,someone will buy one just to make a dollar on ebay,,,be real ,do you know how many Shelby GT owner's are out there,,,someone will ,its just a matter of time,,so I say to all who wish to have this Terlingua Hood,,,,just wait,,,sorry to make someone mad,,but just keeping it real,,just look at all the Shelby only parts that have been sold on E-bay just in the last year,, :dance:

When I said poor, I meant poor. I have a V6 that I was going to convert to a CS6, but changed my mind because I wanted different parts. I can't afford to buy the whole package at once.

Darn. I wish I would've known about this sooner. I've already got a different spoiler installed on my car and am waiting on the parts for a different type of exhaust and GT500 rear bumper. If I were to purchase all of the parts for the CS6 turn 1 upgrade package, would I have to purchase the hood only to have to buy the deep draw hood right after? Any plans to release it later on to people who don't have either?

look at it this way ,,,,,,say someone ,a Shelby owner buy's Terlingua Hood,,,say for $ 1000.00,,,then resell it on E-bay for $ 1500.00,,,,,,someone will buy it ,that's cheaper than paying $ 20,000.00 or $ 31,000.00 ,for a upgrade package,,and that seller makes a easy $ 500.00 dollars,,,but what ever the price is for the hood ,,someone will buy one just to resell it and make a few dollars,, SO JUST WAIT IT OUT ,and look on E-bay for time to time, :lurk:

I'm looking forward to receiving the deep draw hood. Please let us know what the date is that you will be releasing it for sale.

Richard I highly doubt any SGT owner will resell it to make a lousy buck or two. I am sure SAI will only allow one hood for each SGT owner and for us to sell it to make a couple bucks is probably not going to happen. I know I value my car much more than to hussle on ebay to try to make $500 off of something this cool. If anything you might see more warped hood scoops on evilbay.

I'm looking forward to receiving the deep draw hood. Please let us know what the date is that you will be releasing it for sale.

Richard I highly doubt any SGT owner will resell it to make a lousy buck or two. I am sure SAI will only allow one hood for each SGT owner and for us to sell it to make a couple bucks is probably not going to happen. I know I value my car much more than to hussle on ebay to try to make $500 off of something this cool. If anything you might see more warped hood scoops on evilbay.

O.K ,,,if Shelby GT owners are the only ones to get the Terlingua Hood,,,then no more ( Mustang GT ) parts for Shelby GT owners, :hysterical:

I see most SGT owners purchase stuff for our cars to keep, call us loyalists.Yes, there will be few that will try to make a profit out there but as has been said, you'll probably only get one chance to buy one from SAI.

Anyway you look at it you can put all those Shelby parts on your car but deep down you know and "let's be real" we LOYALISTS will call you out if you try to put Shelby parts on a non-Shelby car and calling it real, trust me we have an eye and knowledge about these things. I hope this hood can come out painted and prepped ready to go. :happy feet:

Archived