TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Production ?

GT500-07

Since the SEMA announcement back in Oct 07, how many Terlingua's have been produced and are they really in full production? The brochure has changed at least 3 times since SEMA 07, Quantum seems to be having a hard time getting parts for a complete build and Tasca hasn't gotten any parts. I was seriously considering a Terlingua CSX Cobra, but with the lack of information I have given up on that project. So the question is when will the Terligua be in full production, with complete kits to each mod shop?

I would also like to see this one answered. Paid a deposit back in October and still don't know when it will be built or

exactly what it will look like, given all the recent changes to the Base Terlingua package.

If I had to guess, I would put that number somewhere between 6 and 7 :hysterical:

1. Need for speed

2. Sharon's

3. Vorpalbunny(David)

4. SPRSNK (Rick)

5. Sprint200 (Jeff)

6. Bill Neale

I would guess we would have heard if there were another...but its not impossible

If I had to guess, I would put that number somewhere between 6 and 7 :hysterical:

1. Need for speed

2. Sharon's

3. Vorpalbunny(David)

4. SPRSNK (Rick)

5. Sprint200 (Jeff)

6. Bill Neale

I would guess we would have heard if there were another...but its not impossible

Hey Warren,

There is one more the fellow who supported and won the Terlingua Car raffle - in CA. Do not know where this vehicle was made or its CSM #, but in the photos it is a black with Yellow car.

Happy New Year all,

VB

1. Need for speed

2. Sharon's

3. Vorpalbunny(David)

4. SPRSNK (Rick)

5. Sprint200 (Jeff)

6. Bill Neale

Scheduled for a Quantum mod, I have 0404 scheduled for Jan/Feb 09 and "TRT 0403" is ahead of me.

I would also like to see this one answered. Paid a deposit back in October and still don't know when it will be built or

exactly what it will look like, given all the recent changes to the Base Terlingua package.

Blip, call D tomorrow they got one package so far :happy feet:

There are 8 or 9 Terlingua's out. You forget the one in the SAI Museum. If I've forgotten anyone or screwed up your info, Sorry. I made this list off the top of my head.

1. Need for speed Black 2008

2. Sharon's Yellow 2006 Performance Package

3. Vorpalbunny(David) Black 2007 Performance Package 07TRT401

4. SPRSNK (Rick) Black 2008 Performance Package 08TRT402

5. Sprint200 (Linda/Jeff) White 2008 Base Package 08TRT401

6. Bill Neale Black 2008 Performance Package 08TRT400

7. SAI Concept that is in the museum 2007 Performance Package

8. Matt in Cali (Winashelby.com) 2008 Black Performance Package

9. (This is the Grabber Orange concept that was at Terlingua) 2008 Performance Package 08TRT001C

Production should be ramping up on the Terlingua's in Jan/Feb according to the rumor mill. Again, it comes down to what the vendors can produce. The Terlingua has the CS6 Hood (ours is functional, theirs isn't) and the front fascia. Until the Terlingua came around, there hasn't been a lot of need to carry the cost of holding the parts in storage. SAI has addressed this need and has already put the wheels in motion to supply the parts for our cars.

For those interested, my wife is having a beauty pageant in Round Rock, Texas Feb 11, 2010. We're aiming for 100+ contestants. If 2010 goes according to plan we're going to give away a Terlingua in 2011. Pageant is for girls and boys 0-18yrs. For fairness, our kids will not be competing.

:D Thanks for the news, I'll have the speed dial ready to go tomorrow morning!!!! :drool:

Here's what I got today. Tasca is working on their first one, #0301 which is being built for SAI and may later be sold off.

The next to be built should be our Base Package kit, #0304.

(I requested #04 to go with big brother Saleen H281 S/C #44--both are Grabber Orange.)

Kit hasn't been received from Shelby so no date yet for the start.

Here's what I got today. Tasca is working on their first one, #0301 which is being built for SAI and may later be sold off.

The next to be built should be our Base Package kit, #0304.

(I requested #04 to go with big brother Saleen H281 S/C #44--both are Grabber Orange.)

Kit hasn't been received from Shelby so no date yet for the start.

one step closer Blip :shift:

Just got off the phone with Quantum. Dropping my car off on February 14th to begin the conversion. They are still not sure about the new seat covers, but I put them on the list.

Yea!!!! :happy feet:

That's great news.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to send a V6 in for the base package first, then in again at a later date for the performance upgrades?

I love this car and I want this car, but I just don't have $20K to toss on the table, along with the initial cost of the car.

Any info would be great.

Ken

Is it possible to send a V6 in for the base package first, then in again at a later date for the performance upgrades?

I love this car and I want this car, but I just don't have $20K to toss on the table, along with the initial cost of the car.

Any info would be great.

Ken

Ken,

Give Glenn Martini at Quantum a call. He can let you know exactly what they can do as far as splitting the package goes. Quantum is great to work with.

I just dropped my car off on Saturday for the full package including the new yellow/black seat covers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived