TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 flywheel clutch and tranny

shelbypowered

:headscratch: Will the 2010 gt 500 have the same flywheel-clutch- and tranny as the 07-09- I guess it would show how they felt about the before tsb and after tsb in our 07s-09s- The flywheel seems corrected on our cars- the ceramic clutch will they risk running it again- and the tranny will it be a new vesrsion or vesrsion 2- Seems like the horsepower needs a good strong system- what they change or do not change should tell us a lot about what ford thought of our systems in the pre 07-09s. If we had a killer clutch system they would likely use it again. Does anyone know.

:headscratch: Will the 2010 gt 500 have the same flywheel-clutch- and tranny as the 07-09- I guess it would show how they felt about the before tsb and after tsb in our 07s-09s- The flywheel seems corrected on our cars- the ceramic clutch will they risk running it again- and the tranny will it be a new vesrsion or vesrsion 2- Seems like the horsepower needs a good strong system- what they change or do not change should tell us a lot about what ford thought of our systems in the pre 07-09s. If we had a killer clutch system they would likely use it again. Does anyone know.

Even if it is improved they probably withhold the details to keep sales from tanking further

on the 08 and 09s????????????????

Guest markham51

FYI. I talked to some guys who were testing the 2010s near Dearborn this fall and they volunteered they were still having manual transmission issues with the 2010s and issues with the new capless gas filling system. They didnt ellaborate further. Hopefully these will be sorted out before production starts.

Grabber (Rob) already posted that there would be a clutch/flywheel change in the 2010 MY several weeks ago. As he reported, the clutch disc friction materal would be organic and no longer ceramic.

plus the 2010 has a black box, Fords way to make sure we are not abusing the drive train :banghead:
A black box and organic clutch- blackbox? Organic can mean anything but what grabber said is it will not be ceramic - is that correct? When and how soon will some of this information be available? I would guess they will need to put it in writing when they list the specs. I have no idea how people get this information but the drivetrain in the new gt 500 should show the chages they made for less warrnty work whils still holding all that hosrsepower at bay. Hope this question stays alive long enough to find out the scoop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived