TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Early Christmas and Anniversary for the Wife...

stpracer43

Surprised my wife, Faye, with an early Christmas and 23rd Anniversary present today! Michael Morris helped me over the last week find and purchase a 2008 GT500 Red Stripe Vert! He located it in Ohio, sent a driver to pick it up and bring it to GA, and had my gift ready to go today when we arrived at his dealership in Perry, GA.

I think she knew I was up to something for the most of the week though... She runs the family finances and had seen a sizable move of funds earlier in the week. But I managed to divert her questioning a bit. I got her to go to dealership with me under the false pretense of a minor repair on my car, Mike owed me a ride in his SuperSnake, and we could do some shopping as well. On the way up she stated she didn't think Service Depts worked on Sat...

She immediately noticed the Vert in the showroom, as MM and I chatted about a ride in his SS. I asked her if she wanted to ride as well, she said "No". MM told her she could drive it, She said, "I can't drive his Snake", and I said, "But, you can drive this one!", and handed her the keys to the Red Stripe Vert!

Faye gets a stunned look on her face and asks me "What have you done?" I gave her a hug and kiss and said "Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!"

Faye's a Mustang Girl from the start. Her first car (she was 2nd owner) when we dated in high school was a White 1970 Fasback Mustang... after a couple years she had it painted Red. Unfortunately she wound up trading the car in on another Ford car, but I told her I'd find her another one at some time. About 15 years ago, I did purchase a 1970 Fastback that needs serious restoration, but have not had time to do anything with it...

Long story short ~ we took some pics, drove around town, stopped by an aviation museum, did some shopping, had dinner, and then drove 100 miles back to Valdosta!

THANKS SO MUCH MICHAEL MORRIS!

keith

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

AwesomeSmiley.gif

Wow - What a great present to get. I know how happy she must be. You guys now have an awesome looking pair of GT500's. Very cool.

Will she be driving the GT500 as her main ride?

I bet you got some good brownie points on that gift. :happy feet:

Good job MM. :superhero:

Nope ~ she gonna keep her Honda Odyssey and plans to keep her Vert "low mileage".

Here "They" are at home in the driveway... Gotta say I like looking at my Wife's rearend :camera: !!!!

PC214332.jpg

WOW. What a pair. I bet they look great sitting in the driveway. Congrats.

Yes, They Do :yup: :D

Surprised my wife, Faye, with an early Christmas and 23rd Anniversary present today! Michael Morris helped me over the last week find and purchase a 2008 GT500 Red Stripe Vert! He located it in Ohio, sent a driver to pick it up and bring it to GA, and had my gift ready to go today when we arrived at his dealership in Perry, GA.

I think she knew I was up to something for the most of the week though... She runs the family finances and had seen a sizable move of funds earlier in the week. But I managed to divert her questioning a bit. I got her to go to dealership with me under the false pretense of a minor repair on my car, Mike owed me a ride in his SuperSnake, and we could do some shopping as well. On the way up she stated she didn't think Service Depts worked on Sat...

She immediately noticed the Vert in the showroom, as MM and I chatted about a ride in his SS. I asked her if she wanted to ride as well, she said "No". MM told her she could drive it, She said, "I can't drive his Snake", and I said, "But, you can drive this one!", and handed her the keys to the Red Stripe Vert!

Faye gets a stunned look on her face and asks me "What have you done?" I gave her a hug and kiss and said "Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!"

Faye's a Mustang Girl from the start. Her first car (she was 2nd owner) when we dated in high school was a White 1970 Fasback Mustang... after a couple years she had it painted Red. Unfortunately she wound up trading the car in on another Ford car, but I told her I'd find her another one at some time. About 15 years ago, I did purchase a 1970 Fastback that needs serious restoration, but have not had time to do anything with it...

Long story short ~ we took some pics, drove around town, stopped by an aviation museum, did some shopping, had dinner, and then drove 100 miles back to Valdosta!

THANKS SO MUCH MICHAEL MORRIS!

keith

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

That's a great story.

HSURB®

AwesomeSmiley.gif

Wow - What a great present to get. I know how happy she must be. You guys now have an awesome looking pair of GT500's. Very cool.

I bet you got some good brownie points on that gift. :happy feet:

Good job MM. :superhero:

Holy Shit

What a nice present, well done and I am glad to see that a man who loves his woman treat her well, nice car and congrats, I assume there is a claus in the purchase agreement as to whom pays for the man in blue. enjoy it

I dont know how I missed this post! I have been looking for it too.

Congrats Col. Yall deserve the best. Great folks to work with.

I really enjoy selling TS members cars! So easy to work with. Most of the time they know exactly what they want and what they want to pay!

Makes selling cars fun! Its so easy selling well informed folks cars.

Keep up the good work TS members. Keep these folks informed!

Thanks again Keith and Faye. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversay!!!!!

See ya soon

MM

Thanks Michael!

Did you find the other key yet? We have both the FOBs and one key...

Remember all the fussing Faye did about driving a stick? Well, I can tell you she had plenty of fun driving back to Valdosta on Saturday evening :peelout: !

She's already planning to drive it to Alabama this week for Christmas... yep, she's a proud Shelby GT500 Mustang owner no matter what she says!

I know You and Your wife will have a special joy celebrating your first Christmas with your son...so Merry Christmas and have fun!

Keith

After having driven my coupe for 11,000 miles I had become pretty used to the feel. So, I was surprised to find my wife's Vert felt just a little bit different as I was driving around town the first day...

Read over the manual later that evening and discovered the spring rates are softer in the Vert than the coupe! Hmmm?

Softer springs ought to help shift weight to the rear under acceleration=> Wonder if I could get a better 1/4 mile time in my wife's Vert than my coupe?

Suspect she'd tell to race my own car!

Keith

Hey Keith, Merry Christmas and Congratulations to you and you wife! Nice addition to the family.

Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Mark

Mark ~ Thanks! Have had fun this past week breaking 500 miles on the odometer :shift:

We may be in FWB next week to register the car... will try to give you a heads up.

Hope you've had a great Christmas and have an even better year in 2009!

Keith

Archived