TEAM SHELBY FORUM

info on 1969 gt 500 kr

shelbypowered

While having my 2007 gt 500 serviced and preparing to leave a lady was standing by my car and we got into a converstion about a 69 gt 500 kr she used to own- she has the vin # the manual and a lot of pictures of the car- they bought it when it was new and she said it was an aoutomatic- said she would like to know if the car is stil around as she would like the owner to have the info on the car- she knew the vin# in her head and said they raced it a lot but when they sold it it was complete- I do not believe there were manny automatics- She is around 60 years old now and showed me a picture of her with the car. She was wearing a halter top and believe me the two were outstanding- getting a copy of the picture for myself- I am a little older than her but boy did she know that car- took her for a ride in my car and she said please see if my car survived. There is I believe a shelby register and how could I help her find her car and share its glory years should it still be around. Made my day- still a lovely lady- wish I had her vin # but dreaming is about all I can do on a steady basis.

:headscratch:

Great story. I am sure most who owned a vintage Shelby in the day remember it well. I know my brother remembers his as do I. Kr's were 68' only though. Must have been a GT500. If you have the vin the registry should have a record of its current status. Good Luck.
I think you are right about the 68- did they make an automatic as I am sure she said that. Also believe she said 69 but I guess they made 69 and 70s but were not krs- is that how you see it. Have her phone number so I will give her a call and look at the paperwork- she seemed to know her stuff- talked a lot about things only an owner would know- hope those brown eyes dont get me all worked up-How do I find the shelby register?

It would definitly be of interest to a lot of people, espcially if she's willing to share the photos (even those without her in it). For it to be a KR it wold have to be a '68, that desingation was used to differentiate the early 428 P.I. powered GT-500s from the later Cobra Jet powered GT-500KRs. In '69 and '70 all GT-500s were Cobra Jet powered.

• 1 month later...

It would definitly be of interest to a lot of people, espcially if she's willing to share the photos (even those without her in it). For it to be a KR it wold have to be a '68, that desingation was used to differentiate the early 428 P.I. powered GT-500s from the later Cobra Jet powered GT-500KRs. In '69 and '70 all GT-500s were Cobra Jet powered.
finally ran into her again- 68 it was-

• 1 month later...

Archived