TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need your help

I have a problem and hope we have a vet or cat breeder/person in the fold.

We have a short hair, neutered male indoor cat who is 7-8 years old. He was adopted from the shelter as a kitten. About 6 months ago he quit using his litter box in favor of a corner in our bedroom and a corner in our family room. :angry2: We moved the litter box to that spot and even bought a second one for the family room, yuck. This didn't work. He just started using the carpet in the general area of the boxes. :nonono:

Last month we bought an expensive wool oriental rug. Now that is his favorite spot. We have tried every commercial cat repellent and traing spray we can find. None of that seems to work.

We don't want to get rid of him as he is family. My Ruger 22-10 isn't an option since my 55" HD TV is in the family room and the NFL playoffs are coming. Our family room is part of the great room and dining area/ kitchen so there is no door we can close.

Any suggestions as to how to get him back to the litter box or at least some sort of cat repellent that will make these areas smell so bad to him he'll keep away?

Thanks

ERIK 07SGT2940

I was thinking medical or dislike for the type of litter.

This might help -

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/litterbox.htm

When my very well trained Schnoodle started peeing in the house it was because she had a UTI. It was obvious though because it was pinkish in color I'm thinking you try different litter, shredded newspaper, etc. or there are even programs that teach the cat to use the toilet.

Thanks guys. We had no UTI to deal with. Just the cheap-o Wal-Mart cat litter like I use aroung the garage.

I bought the $13 stuff and it has done the trick for a week now. I guess the high maintenance of my wife and two daughters has finally rubber off on my cat :spend::banghead:

I was thinking medical or dislike for the type of litter.

This might help -

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/litterbox.htm

When my very well trained Schnoodle started peeing in the house it was because she had a UTI. It was obvious though because it was pinkish in color I'm thinking you try different litter, shredded newspaper, etc. or there are even programs that teach the cat to use the toilet.

Barry! You are the man!

I didnt know that you knew Pussy that well. If I have any problems I will call you!

MM

We have a short hair, neutered male indoor cat who is 7-8 years old. He was adopted from the shelter as a kitten. About 6 months ago he quit using his litter box in favor of a corner in our bedroom and a corner in our family room. :angry2: We moved the litter box to that spot and even bought a second one for the family room, yuck. This didn't work. He just started using the carpet in the general area of the boxes. :nonono:

Last month we bought an expensive wool oriental rug. Now that is his favorite spot. We have tried every commercial cat repellent and traing spray we can find. None of that seems to work.

We don't want to get rid of him as he is family. My Ruger 22-10 isn't an option since my 55" HD TV is in the family room and the NFL playoffs are coming. Our family room is part of the great room and dining area/ kitchen so there is no door we can close.

Any suggestions as to how to get him back to the litter box or at least some sort of cat repellent that will make these areas smell so bad to him he'll keep away?

Thanks

ERIK 07SGT2940

Like everyone says UTI or he's mad about something that's what my cat did tell he had my mom wrap around his paw.

Thanks guys. We had no UTI to deal with. Just the cheap-o Wal-Mart cat litter like I use aroung the garage.

I bought the $13 stuff and it has done the trick for a week now. I guess the high maintenance of my wife and two daughters has finally rubber off on my cat :spend::banghead:

If your cat is family then also buy like family and spend what you have to or it will cost you in the end mentally and financially. I spend every 2 months 369.00 on my dog if the dog died my 16mth old will be devesated its worth every dollar good dog food and health treat bought at Petco. My dog get an infection in her Vagina due to in grown her.

post-18733-1230064152_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1230064243_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1230064152_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1230064243_thumb.jpg

About a month ago I dropped $550 for surgery on my Schnoodle. I fed her pork bones which splintered in her intestines and almost killed her. She has been with us for 6 years now so it was money well spent.

Glad I could help with your house pussy. Most guys would not want to share their problems but I was more then willing to dive right in!

Of course not everyone is as appreciative as I found out in my younger days.... :hysterical:

Thanks

ERIK 07SGT2940

Hey Erik,

glad to hear you got your pussy cat under control. Nothing worse than an out of control pussy

cat, that is.

Ski you later, :hysterical:

Scotty

Archived