TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Houston, we have a problem (with a courtesy delivery)!

joe53

First, I would like to thank the great folks on this site for the great info on this most amazing muscle car. I probably average at least an hour a day reading the various posts and gaining info.

I feel lucky that I was able to find a small non svt, non PA dealer in TX that sold me a car @ $1500.00 over. Placed the order mid June, got vin in early Sept with car built week of 9/25. Dealer agreed just as car went to production to couretsy deliver the car to me here in NC, as my wife is having health issues. I will say that this dealer has been a class act from day one. He has communicated at least every two weeks what was going on and I was very surprised when the car got produced so quickly. I'm stoked!

Now, I am really excited as my Vista Blue/White Shelby arrived at a nearby SVT dealer that had agreed to accept delivery of my car, do the pdi and only charge a $100.00 fee, which I thought was reasonable. That's where the problem started. I called customer service on Mon this week and they said the car was sitting at the railyard and delivery was still 10/26. Great! Not! So, I give the local dealer a call to advise him that the car might be arriving and he tells me that the car arrived last Fri and he gave it a quick wash and put it in the showroom to protect it, yeah right. I asked him when he planned to call me and he said that the car had no paperwork or window sticker, only a dealer delivery change order where the window sticker should be

and he knew that I'd be calling. :rant: Great that customer service knows where our cars are. The dealer in TX called and he was shcoked as well that the car had arrived as he had no more info that I did. But, he was glad the car had arrived. So on Wed, I drive to the dealer (about 30 miles) and just show up. The car looked awesome in the showroom (with the 2 salesmen leaning all over it). After they got the janitor with his mop a bucket to clean up the :censored: off the floor when I told them that I was the owner and to get their ass off my car! The GM was very nice and said that as soon as he got the paperwork from the TX dealer I could take possession. I figured that's ok, so before leaving I asked him to let me have the keys and check out the inside. I opened her up, sat in the seat, put the key in the ignition, turned it on AND I messed the seats when I saw that the car had 65.1 MILES! HOLY CRAP! I went postal and asked who the hell had been driving my car and the GM and salesman said the car arrived with that many miles on it, the only place they drove it was to their wash bay and to the showroom. I said that if the car had left the factory with that many miles it would have been documented. He offerd no explanation, just a dumbass look. I told him that when I came back to pick it up it better have 65.1 miles and I would stay with the car for the pdi. My wife says I'm crazy and overreacting, but I'm pissed.

Two questions:

How can a car get out of the factory without a window sticker? The TX dealer says that cannot happen, as it's Federal law.

How could the car have got 65 undocumented miles at the factory?

My best guess is that someone at he dealer enjoyed the weekend in my car and not much I can do about it.

Any ideas before I call in the air strike.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks, Rob, you're right. I'm SOL, but I assure you that the GM and I will have a little closed door meeting before I leave with the car. As to the window sticker, the selling dealer in TX has ordered me another and will have it sent to me. He's bent over backwards to make this deal smooth and I would highly recommend him.

Joe

If the car is good shape, I would consider myself real lucky. You got your car at a reasonable price and got a courtesy delivery too. They can get you a copy of the window sticker, a nice memento for sure.

But, I would guess that you would have put 65 miles on it before it even got it home. So in the grand scheme of things, don't rain on your own parade, enjoy the car. The GM may truly have no idea why the car has a few miles on it, so save yourself the grief.

Put a big :censored: eating grin on your face and do a burn out or too. :cheerleader:

Hey, carnut

Sure you're not my wife posting under your name! I pretty much agree, I just needed to vent and I'm still excited to get the car. It looks meaner than I expected and I'm glad that I stuck with the Vista Blue love the color! and wanted to know how I got mine so fast. The GM was pissed 'cause he's had 2 GT500's on order since May and they're both on material hold. They're may be justice after all I guess he just couldn't stand letting the car go without checking it out. I will have a big smile on the drive home.

Thanks,

Joe

First, I would like to thank the great folks on this site for the great info on this most amazing muscle car. I probably average at least an hour a day reading the various posts and gaining info.

I feel lucky that I was able to find a small non svt, non PA dealer in TX that sold me a car @ $1500.00 over. Placed the order mid June, got vin in early Sept with car built week of 9/25. Dealer agreed just as car went to production to couretsy deliver the car to me here in NC, as my wife is having health issues. I will say that this dealer has been a class act from day one. He has communicated at least every two weeks what was going on and I was very surprised when the car got produced so quickly. I'm stoked!

Now, I am really excited as my Vista Blue/White Shelby arrived at a nearby SVT dealer that had agreed to accept delivery of my car, do the pdi and only charge a $100.00 fee, which I thought was reasonable. That's where the problem started. I called customer service on Mon this week and they said the car was sitting at the railyard and delivery was still 10/26. Great! Not! So, I give the local dealer a call to advise him that the car might be arriving and he tells me that the car arrived last Fri and he gave it a quick wash and put it in the showroom to protect it, yeah right. I asked him when he planned to call me and he said that the car had no paperwork or window sticker, only a dealer delivery change order where the window sticker should be

and he knew that I'd be calling. :rant: Great that customer service knows where our cars are. The dealer in TX called and he was shcoked as well that the car had arrived as he had no more info that I did. But, he was glad the car had arrived. So on Wed, I drive to the dealer (about 30 miles) and just show up. The car looked awesome in the showroom (with the 2 salesmen leaning all over it). After they got the janitor with his mop a bucket to clean up the :censored: off the floor when I told them that I was the owner and to get their ass off my car! The GM was very nice and said that as soon as he got the paperwork from the TX dealer I could take possession. I figured that's ok, so before leaving I asked him to let me have the keys and check out the inside. I opened her up, sat in the seat, put the key in the ignition, turned it on AND I messed the seats when I saw that the car had 65.1 MILES! HOLY CRAP! I went postal and asked who the hell had been driving my car and the GM and salesman said the car arrived with that many miles on it, the only place they drove it was to their wash bay and to the showroom. I said that if the car had left the factory with that many miles it would have been documented. He offerd no explanation, just a dumbass look. I told him that when I came back to pick it up it better have 65.1 miles and I would stay with the car for the pdi. My wife says I'm crazy and overreacting, but I'm pissed.

Two questions:

How can a car get out of the factory without a window sticker? The TX dealer says that cannot happen, as it's Federal law.

How could the car have got 65 undocumented miles at the factory?

My best guess is that someone at he dealer enjoyed the weekend in my car and not much I can do about it.

Any ideas before I call in the air strike.

Thanks,

Joe

The delivery dealer is full of crap. Most any testing done by Ford should have less than 25 miles. 60+ no way! The jerks joy rode in YOUR car! At least its all in one piece and better than someone I know who is bringing his car back as a lemon/defective piece of Shxx.

Sure you will enjoy the car. There are ways to find out the mileage when it arrived at railyard. Most likely someone stole the window sticker prior to dealer or the dealer took it. As someone mentioned it has to be displayed.

I would be calling every contact name I could get at ford & just be raising HELL about this & how they treated you & your car!

The dealer in TX has already contacted his regional rep raising hell and I plan to ask the local GM how to contact his regional rep. I thought that fiveo or isellford might give me some direction as well.

Thanks,

Joe

The dealer in TX has already contacted his regional rep raising hell and I plan to ask the local GM how to contact his regional rep. I thought that fiveo or isellford might give me some direction as well.

Thanks,

Joe

Damn I hate stories like this...I'm so close to getting my car I could pee my pants...spoke with Joseph and he said car is slated for delivery (on transport) I guess that means out of FORDS hands. Exact same car Vista Blue white Stripes...and then I read your story...if it makes you feel any better I'd have blown a gasket as well...and likely not have left until I had left marks on something...but thats just me and where my mind is at with this vehicle. And normally I'm pretty smooth and cool headed but if anymore delays come my way the anxiety is likely to make me want to herd a bunch of cats, or a gaggle of geese... :wacko:

Cooler heads prevail and carnut is absolutely right don't let this rain on your parade thats yur ride to do with as you please enjoy, and ....I know what I said a sentence above....but flip em the bird when you peel out! :doh:

:sos: ...RUF... ahh :censored: it this story put me over the edge :)

Cheers,

Requis

Thanks,

Joe

....the problem is that at this point, there is really nothing tangible that can be done unless you are looking for someone to be fired, or unless you want to return the car and get your money back. (which I doubt) You are certainly entitle to a bunch of apologies though. And you should go over your shelby with a fine tooth comb and ensure you have no "extra" dings, chips etc. I bet within a week the excitement of actually driving the car will overwhelm your feelings of frustration, and also reassure you that they didn't do anything to screw up your car.

John

man, look at this, I take the time to write 1 serious paragraph and Ruf and CWH both get SA comments in ahead of me :hysterical: What post whores :hysterical::hysterical:

the cat is definitely going to be showing up again soon.

Thanks, guys

I'm normally pretty cool headed, but this did push my buttons, for sure. Luckily the car is ok, but I will give it the white glove inspection and find something, just to piss the dealer off. Point is, none off us know for sure where our cars are, given the Ford doesn't know and we're at their mercy.

And, Ruff, you're right what am I going to do, and you can bet I'll be doing it with a big smile! Email me when you're coming to Asheville and we'll meet.

Thanks for all your helpful posts.

Bedtime for Barne, I'm going to bed and count Shelbys.

Joe

If the car is good shape, I would consider myself real lucky. You got your car at a reasonable price and got a courtesy delivery too. They can get you a copy of the window sticker, a nice memento for sure.

But, I would guess that you would have put 65 miles on it before it even got it home. So in the grand scheme of things, don't rain on your own parade, enjoy the car. The GM may truly have no idea why the car has a few miles on it, so save yourself the grief.

Put a big :censored: eating grin on your face and do a burn out or too. :cheerleader:

Good call carnut.

joe53, i had a similar experience although not a courtesy delivery, my car had 23.1 miles on it when i got in it to pull away from the dealer. the dummies forgot to reset the trip meter that showed 15.1 miles and the odometer showed 23.1. so basically the sales guy takes it upon himself to drive my car 15 miles while conveniently disengaging the valet tune to get the feel of the s/c. real nice of them to allow me that courtesy. not to mention not knowing wht he did while drivng my car.

but it is water under the bridge and as carnut says, i put a big :censored: eating grin on my face and got on with it while driving it 130 miles back to my home.

have a few cold ones and enjoy the car!

I getting my car from a Pa dealer having it dropped in SC (eta 11/12). I'm now paying the Pa dealer so he can send the certificate of origin (CO) to my local dealer so it will be there when my car arrives because I will not be able to leave my car once I see it. :baby: I hope everything goes smooth.

Is it worth the trouble for the local dealer or is it any trouble for the local dealer? I plan to pay whatever the fee for pdi and paperwork and I will service my car there. Again I hope everything goes smooth and about 10 miles on the odo would make me feel much better.

Congrats for a great deal! :cheerleader: Hope your paperwork (CO) shows up real quicklike.

06ragtop,

Receiving dealer told me he got paid something (Idon't remember how much) by Ford for prepping the car and I felt $100. extra was reasonable. I figure the future service work will make it worth it to him. My TX dealer is Fedex' the documents, so with any luck I should get the car on Fri., but as I have said, I won't believe it until it's sitting in my garage!

See ya

Hey, carnut

Sure you're not my wife posting under your name! I pretty much agree, I just needed to vent and I'm still excited to get the car. It looks meaner than I expected and I'm glad that I stuck with the Vista Blue love the color! and wanted to know how I got mine so fast. The GM was pissed 'cause he's had 2 GT500's on order since May and they're both on material hold. They're may be justice after all I guess he just couldn't stand letting the car go without checking it out. I will have a big smile on the drive home.

Thanks,

Joe

Now, don't forget to take out the garbage, let out the cat, lock up my new car, and I will give you a big surprise, after you take me to dinner of course. Now won't that make little Joe feel better :wub:

I would suggest a stealth arrival at the back of the building near the wash bay and a twenty for the wash boy/PDI kid. :ninja: Just sorta ask him if he saw that new Shelby come off the truck as you have one ordered too.(its the truth!) Might just find out the true story for a lot less than you may have to pay in a defamation/slander lawsuit.

And as for the factory driving it, if they try that, there is a placard that sits front and center that goes like this( SVT has selected this car for additional quality control testing. xx miles were driven by the AAI{mine said Rouge I believe} quality assurance team and we hope you will enjoy your new SVT product." I guess that is where the window sticker, etc. is.

Personally I would take it to the next nearest dealer and have them run a code scan on the ECM, just to see if she bounced of the rev limiter or not. But then again, its not my car and I can think clearly. I would probably be in jail right now.... :wacko:

jetsolver--Truth is always a defense to Slander/Libel

As for mine, same deal...I was told it was going to have less than 15 miles on it when I got it, it had over 25. When prompted, I was told..."that's how it came." I was pissed, but only until I pelted the other cars on the lot w/ rocks as I was peeling away.

Joe, my sticker was never put on the car, I asked for, and received, my mint sticker which is safely tucked away with all the rest of the material on the car.

Future buyers, one note, don't believe the dealer when they tell you the expected delivery date, mine arrived over a week early. If you're concerned about others messing with the car, be explicitly clear and tell them to take the car off the transport, to call you at that time, and to not do the ADI or remove any of the safety stickers until you arrive.

I wasn't so concerned and had even told the GM that he could take it for a spin around the block. I learned long ago, even for my young age, not to sweat the small stuff. Now, 3 mos and 1600 miles later, the 10 or so miles that appear to have been put on in my absence are a thing of the past. Moreover, I have been well rewarded with freebies, full tanks, car washes, and lots of laughs w/ the GM every time I return. It has all been well worth it.

It seems like most of us on this Site have taken delivery of our Shelbys with a minimum of 25 miles on the OD, so I wouldn't be so upset by that. Now 60 miles... might have something to do with it being a Courtesy Delivery? Lots of different hands making that happen... Missing window Sticker, a good souvenir?

Most 07' Shelby Deliveries have been on average a month late.

For us the Shelby is a Passion. For most Dealers it's just another Mustang, with a sweet ADM, and nothing more. Don't be surprised if they don't share your Enthusiasm or really Care about the small things that have you pissed off. :shrug:

It seems like most of us on this Site have taken delivery of our Shelbys with a minimum of 25 miles on the OD, so I wouldn't be so upset by that. Now 60 miles... might have something to do with it being a Courtesy Delivery? Lots of different hands making that happen... Missing window Sticker, a good souvenir?

Most 07' Shelby Deliveries have been on average a month late.

For us the Shelby is a Passion. For most Dealers it's just another Mustang, with a sweet ADM, and nothing more. Don't be surprised if they don't share your Enthusiasm or really Care about the small things that have you pissed off. :shrug:

my delivery was interesting..the car was taken off the truck,then hidden away in the body shop of the dealership..they locked it in the paint booth..no one had access except me,or my salesman..so it had only 13 miles at time of delivery...all sticker still on the car,as well as protective plastic..i was asked if i wanted any or all removed...good job guys

my delivery was interesting..the car was taken off the truck,then hidden away in the body shop of the dealership..they locked it in the paint booth..no one had access except me,or my salesman..so it had only 13 miles at time of delivery...all sticker still on the car,as well as protective plastic..i was asked if i wanted any or all removed...good job guys

Did you check the floor? 10 of those miles were put on IN the paint booth :burnout: :hysterical:

Did you check the floor? 10 of those miles were put on IN the paint booth :burnout: :hysterical:

Mr. ratncage, first of all I know this is off topic but what are your thoughts on the current pricing and GT 500 market, you seem to give honest and straight forward answers and I appreciate your input.

Mr. ratncage, first of all I know this is off topic but what are your thoughts on the current pricing and GT 500 market, you seem to give honest and straight forward answers and I appreciate your input.

for the moment, there seems to be no shortage of people willing to pay $15-$20k over. It's important to note that this is for a car on the ground ready for immediate delivery, not "we'll get you one," etc.

There have been plenty of dealers that have been selling "thin air" and making empty promises for deals at or near MSRP. Some have honored their commitments...most, I'm afraid, have not.

I would suggest a stealth arrival at the back of the building near the wash bay and a twenty for the wash boy/PDI kid. :ninja: Just sorta ask him if he saw that new Shelby come off the truck as you have one ordered too.(its the truth!) Might just find out the true story for a lot less than you may have to pay in a defamation/slander lawsuit.

And as for the factory driving it, if they try that, there is a placard that sits front and center that goes like this( SVT has selected this car for additional quality control testing. xx miles were driven by the AAI{mine said Rouge I believe} quality assurance team and we hope you will enjoy your new SVT product." I guess that is where the window sticker, etc. is.

Personally I would take it to the next nearest dealer and have them run a code scan on the ECM, just to see if she bounced of the rev limiter or not. But then again, its not my car and I can think clearly. I would probably be in jail right now.... :wacko:

Thanks, Jetsolver

That's a good idea to find out the rest of the story. I will take it to another dealer and get them to check the rev limiter out. The delivering dealer knows I'm pissed and I explained that if the car had been driven for a quality check then there would be documentation to support that. His explanation was that the documentation must be with the window sticker, wherever that is! :rant: I told him that I was born at night but not last night! Typical dealer--just play dumb and the customer will drop it. Anyway, I will pick the car up unannounced Sat morning and get a chance to visit with the clean up kid.

In the end, I have learned not to sweat the small stuff as my wife has had breast cancer and is a two year survivor and that's what really matters! I bought the Shelby to match her beautiful blue eyes and for us to have fun with and you can bet we will! :shift:

Thanks for all your help,

Joe

Archived