TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Exclusive INFO!!

jared@lethal

Just got off the phone with a friend of a friend that knows someone who filled him in with some details about the 2010 GT500.

I was given a lot of good info about the new GT500 and I think you guys are really going to like it.

Here's a taste.

The 2010 GT500 will be rated at 540hp and 520tq. It's going to come with a high performance intake system like the KR from the factory and the grille actually has a functional air passage which will help feed the intake. The snake emblem will be on the passenger side of the grille as it would get int he way of the air passage for the new intake system.

As for the rest of it I was told the car looks amazing.

For now that's it from the Lethal Camp but stay tuned as more info will be released here in the next few weeks.

Hope you all enjoyed the info.

Jared

uh-oh now all the KR owners will be upset they don't have the "most powerful factory Mustang." :hysterical:

I know..........this goes right next to ' 2 year only production, with 3 as an option ' b.s................yeah right, won't fall for that again..........now 4 years, then 5, then 6..........all about money!!

This power increase for the '10 GT500 should not be a shocker for anyone. Horsepower is the single most important selling point there is for this type of car. Upgrades are necessary to maintain interest and sales. Look for the next generation KR to be outfitted with a TVS and HP ratings north of 600.

Wow. What if you were someone that has money down, patiently waiting for a 2008 KR to be delivered while the '09 Mustangs have been out for some time. It does remind me of the two year GT500 build statements.

HSURB®

What 2 year build statements, they never said that, just ask them :hysterical::hysterical:

Just got off the phone with a friend of a friend that knows someone who filled him in with some details about the 2010 GT500.

I was given a lot of good info about the new GT500 and I think you guys are really going to like it.

Here's a taste.

The 2010 GT500 will be rated at 540hp and 520tq. It's going to come with a high performance intake system like the KR from the factory and the grille actually has a functional air passage which will help feed the intake. The snake emblem will be on the passenger side of the grille as it would get int he way of the air passage for the new intake system.

As for the rest of it I was told the car looks amazing.

For now that's it from the Lethal Camp but stay tuned as more info will be released here in the next few weeks.

Hope you all enjoyed the info.

Jared

This entire thing is turning into a joke already, and Ford is the joke teller, this is total b.s., first the lies about production, now a gt500 with the same power as the KR, tired of the misleading info, games, etc. My KR will be going up for sale in the spring. Fact

This entire thing is turning into a joke already, and Ford is the joke teller, this is total b.s., first the lies about production, now a gt500 with the same power as the KR, tired of the misleading info, games, etc. My KR will be going up for sale in the spring. Fact

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that - you were always one of the biggest fans of the KR...

I eventualy decided against the KR myself, and just bought an S302E - picked it up for around the same as KR's are going for, but with Saleen custom paint - the YELLOW that I kept asking Ford/Shelby to make... Well, its not delivered yet, is going to make one sweet Christmas present! :->

Chris.

block is cast iron

I'm not pissed that the 2010 has 540 horses (like my GT500KR) - it's what you call improving the breed.

Happy Holidays Robert! Hope you and Sharon are well. I agree with you 100%. We can't get upset everytime a newer/better version of something comes out. That's just how it goes. It's the same for everything else such as computers, cameras, TV. Technology moves at a fast pace and we should feel fortunate that the automotive industry does as well. If they all stayed the same we would be stuck in the same position year after year. As a performance enthusiast I personally look forward to what the next model year has.

I believe we're going to see a very strong 2009. Forget about AIG and the stock market. Our industry although may have it's own problems it's still very very strong. We've got the 2010 GT500, 2010 Mustang and the 2010 Camaro all being released here shortly. I'm very enthusiastic about what the near future has for us all and will definitely make sure I'm a part of it.

Jared

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that - you were always one of the biggest fans of the KR...

I eventualy decided against the KR myself, and just bought an S302E - picked it up for around the same as KR's are going for, but with Saleen custom paint - the YELLOW that I kept asking Ford/Shelby to make... Well, its not delivered yet, is going to make one sweet Christmas present! :->

Chris.

good choice (5.0/620hp) Techco can take this up 720hp real quick. please post some pics once you get it.

Don't be upset the KR will still have its place. No matter what comes out .It is and always will be a car to have/want.

2010 540 cast iron block for sure Gt500 model

In the works

2011 550 hp with an aluminum block(gt500 550 hp and possibly a special run of a King Cobra with 605hp As long as the economy and the government doesn't kill it, Time will tell)

Don't be upset the KR will still have its place. No matter what comes out .It is and always will be a car to have/want.

2010 540 cast iron block for sure Gt500 model

In the works

2011 550 hp with an aluminum block(gt500 550 hp and possibly a special run of a King Cobra with 605hp As long as the economy and the government doesn't kill it, Time will tell)

Make that aluminum block 550hp GT500 engine with direct injection, or even better - an aluminum block 605hp King Cobra with the same, and I'll have to give up my Ruby Red Carrera 4S pipe dream!

block is cast iron

I'm not pissed that the 2010 has 540 horses (like my GT500KR) - it's what you call improving the breed.

You may not be pissed off and upset but trust me many others are, this is a joke already, very upsetting and misleading to us owners. never again. as I am done.

In 68 1/2 the CJ debuted with the 500 KR,in 69 all 500s got the CJ or the SCJ;horse power sells these cars;be dynamic,improve or get left behind.At this time at least the high HP is in the Shelby line;I bet there would be some MAJOR whining if the 540 horse engine was available in the GT or in a new Mach 1;Fords trying to sell cars and survive,be glad we can enjoy them.

my 2 cents

Doc Scott

Chris.

Saleen was in charge of the Ford GT paint and assembly. Ford picked them because they are first class in anything they do.I purchased a used Parnelli Jones mustang with 850 miles on her. This car has no taped hood stripes and is a well engineered total package. The price was right, even swap for my 70 351 mach. WOW is all i can say, it runs like a SGT but just a little more here and there. I just hope Saleen makes it in these hard times, or Steve Saleen takes the company back !!! Your S302E will eat that KR for lunch with 620 hp and all the rest, just be carefull.

Saleen was in charge of the Ford GT paint and assembly. Ford picked them because they are first class in anything they do.I purchased a used Parnelli Jones mustang with 850 miles on her. This car has no taped hood stripes and is a well engineered total package. The price was right, even swap for my 70 351 mach. WOW is all i can say, it runs like a SGT but just a little more here and there. I just hope Saleen makes it in these hard times, or Steve Saleen takes the company back !!! Your S302E will eat that KR for lunch with 620 hp and all the rest, just be carefull.

Saleen doesn't need the old company back, new company new Mustangs :happy feet:

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews_08/1...mustang-256.htm

Archived