TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby GT500 At Barrett Jackson Next Month

Barrett Jackson has a listing for a 2010 GT500 at their January 2009 Scottsdale auction. Lot # 1347.2

They have no details on it but I'm wondering if it will be a charity listing for the first one. I'll be attending the auction so I'll get some pics but I'm sure it will be on SpeedTv.

Steve

Umm.. Mr. RP

Was thinking the same thing but what's that saying, don't hate the player hate the game.

Can't wait to see the car in person. They are also auctioning off a 2010 regular Mustang.

Steve

I dont hate the player. I think its probably better that one person becomes the carataker of these special #1 cars that way there safe and sound for now and eventually they will be sold off. You know at least they wont become totaled.

I would think that R.P. reads these forums as well if he's that big into these cars I am sure he does his research.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be surprised if it did anything spectacular, I'll bet it won't break 100K.... The GT-500 market is fully saturated and the 2010 doesn't have the same excitement or momentum the 2007 version had.....

I'd be surprised if it did anything spectacular, I'll bet it won't break 100K.... The GT-500 market is fully saturated and the 2010 doesn't have the same excitement or momentum the 2007 version had.....

I can't imagine paying over sticker anymore. Ford has completely oversaturated this market, and this redo, in my opinion, doesn't do enough to get anybody all cranked up in a spending frenzy. I acutally think that supply will meet demand extremely fast and they will actually produce less than capacity, due simply to a declining demand. I know the dealers in my area all have one or two GT500's taking up valueable showroom floor space....

I suspect KR transaction prices will also start to drop, as this news makes the incremental gains of a KR smaller and these GT500's will be plentiful.....

Ford / Shelby should have made the KR more powerful, like 580HP and then the '10 GT500 could have maybe got 1/2 way to KR power. But making a car with the same power in mass production, when you have many dealers sitting on KRs might not have been the swiftest of moves....

Barrett Jackson has a listing for a 2010 GT500 at their January 2009 Scottsdale auction. Lot # 1347.2

They have no details on it but I'm wondering if it will be a charity listing for the first one. I'll be attending the auction so I'll get some pics but I'm sure it will be on SpeedTv.

Steve

Have someone tape it.

I can't imagine paying over sticker anymore. Ford has completely oversaturated this market, and this redo, in my opinion, doesn't do enough to get anybody all cranked up in a spending frenzy. I acutally think that supply will meet demand extremely fast and they will actually produce less than capacity, due simply to a declining demand. I know the dealers in my area all have one or two GT500's taking up valueable showroom floor space....

I suspect KR transaction prices will also start to drop, as this news makes the incremental gains of a KR smaller and these GT500's will be plentiful.....

Ford / Shelby should have made the KR more powerful, like 580HP and then the '10 GT500 could have maybe got 1/2 way to KR power. But making a car with the same power in mass production, when you have many dealers sitting on KRs might not have been the swiftest of moves....

I agree. Same horsepower has got to cut into the KR somewhat. I don't think "valuable showroom floor-space" is how I would describe most dealerships these days ^_^

It is my understanding that Mr RP's collection is totally private; no public viewings. Too bad. This guy can afford to buy everything but no one ever sees it again. Does anyone know what he does? Man, he seems to have it to burn....

It is my understanding that Mr RP's collection is totally private; no public viewings. Too bad. This guy can afford to buy everything but no one ever sees it again. Does anyone know what he does? Man, he seems to have it to burn....

I was always told he was in the construction business. Perhaps new homes or business parks? Obviously he's been successful at it.

Steve

I was always told he was in the construction business. Perhaps new homes or business parks? Obviously he's been successful at it.

Steve

Yes, Ron is a successful real estate developer and owns a construction business too; what a perfect combination of businesses to own. Buy some land, make plans to develop it, then bring in your own construction company to build it.

Sweet deal!

Don't be too hard on the guy. Who's to say we wouldn't do the same if we had the cash that he does? I give RP credit for bidding in person and not hiding behind someone else.

And the best part is that at least he's not obnoxious like the guy from a few years back that always wore a Ferrari hat and made an ass of himself.

Steve

Archived