TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.5% Interest Rates, This is HUGE!!!

This is great news, the only down side is that savings, money maket accounts and the such will be worthless, the interest will be so low on them you'll have to invest in some other stuff to make any money at all.

This is great news, the only down side is that savings, money maket accounts and the such will be worthless, the interest will be so low on them you'll have to invest in some other stuff to make any money at all.

It's probably time to start looking at local Credit Unions. Mine still pays 4.25 for checking account interest. Just keep individual accounts within the 250k insurance limits.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm locked at 5% or 5.25% (can't remember) so I'm set.

I was told that if you have a chance to ReFi for an Interst Rate that is at least 1% or more lower that it would save you a lot of Money as long as you just ReFi the Balance.

David.

Dang! That's a fixed rate?? Fantastic!

Yes, It's a fixed 15 year rate. I paid extra down to principle to make sure the loan is paid off on my birthday in 2015. That's my retirement year and I don't want to have a house payment when I retire.

I was told that if you have a chance to ReFi for an Interst Rate that is at least 1% or more lower that it would save you a lot of Money as long as you just ReFi the Balance.

David.

That depends on how many years you have left ot pay on the laon.

Yes, It's a fixed 15 year rate. I paid extra down to principle to make sure the loan is paid off on my birthday in 2015. That's my retirement year and I don't want to have a house payment when I retire.

Alright Rob, retirement in 6 years :happy feet: . I've still got 13 years to go :banghead:

That depends on how many years you have left ot pay on the laon.

And if you plan on staying in the house for quite awhile.

It's probably time to start looking at local Credit Unions. Mine still pays 4.25 for checking account interest. Just keep individual accounts within the 250k insurance limits.

Wow, that's a good rate.

David.

I wouldn't do it for 1%. Maybe 2% but our plans have us completely out of debt in about 6 years including the house so I'll probably just sit tight - assuming I can curb my sickness for purchasing new cars.

Besides, refi fees are a b!tch...

If mine wasn't already paid for I'd be all over that! :bowdown:

Ha Ha...................................you can't play! :hysterical:

I wouldn't do it for 1%. Maybe 2% but our plans have us completely out of debt in about 6 years including the house so I'll probably just sit tight - assuming I can curb my sickness for purchasing new cars.

Besides, refi fees are a b!tch...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....Isn't this rate cut everyone is referring to

the rate at which the Fed is able to borrow ? I believe this cut has little to do with

what is reflected in mortagae rates. The resultant effect all this has is that it bumps

mortgage interest rates very little.

ItalianStallion

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....Isn't this rate cut everyone is referring to

the rate at which the Fed is able to borrow ? I believe this cut has little to do with

what is reflected in mortagae rates. The resultant effect all this has is that it bumps

mortgage interest rates very little.

ItalianStallion

Correct. It's the rate banks charge other banks. That's why I said I'll believe it when I see it.

The feds are going to loan money to the banks at near 0%.

It's never happen before, 3.5% for a 30 year fixed rate is doable.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28254875

this would push mortgage rates lower

"The Fed, however, remained cautious about another unusual measure, which Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke first floated two weeks ago. The statement said the central bank was still "considering" buying long-term Treasury securities, which is also thought to be aimed at lowering borrowing costs by going around commercial banks."

4.625% today at a local credit union. A co-worker locked at 5.25% yesterday and his broker called BS on my rate. I laughed. I'm at 6.125% so I'm looking at a refi. The fees suck but it's only a 2 year payback and my payment for a house will be about the same as what 1 and 2 bedroom apt's go for in these parts.

:lurk:

I locked at 4.75% with 1.5 points buydown last Thursday for a new home that we close on 29 Dec. First time home buyer!!! My wife is handling everything as I am still in Iraq. I will get to come home to a new house. Yea!!!

I have watched the rates go from 5.25% last Feb to 6.375% in July and guess what they are today from USAA:

...drum roll....

4.375% with 1.5 points buydown.

If I had waited another week I could have saved another 25K over the life of the 30 year loan. We still got a great deal but this is an opportunity of a lifetime for anyone buying or refinancing.

Keeping in mind that I am in no way learned in investing and such, doesn't this guy have a reputation of being wrong, but a good entertainer?

The above comment was directed to this: "Cramer said, as can real estate. He called the rate cuts 'a stake in the ground' for investors to consider real estate-related bonds – even collaterized debt obligations on the assumption that they’ll be worth much more by this time next year."

Would one of you financial guys comment, please?

I work for a Mortgage Company (collections department :banghead::hysterical2: ) just got out of a meeting and our rates have dropped to 5% expecting to go lower but not just yet (which will make the refinance department very busy) we are also receiving 2700 more new loans being transferred from another mortgage lender in the beginning of the New Year with 200 of them already past due on their payments...... :runaway::runaway::runaway: Two positive things for me about all this is the job security..... :work: and I work extremely hard to keep my borrowers happy and remain in their homes. :happy feet:

I work for a Mortgage Company (collections department :banghead::hysterical2: ) just got out of a meeting and our rates have dropped to 5% expecting to go lower but not just yet (which will make the refinance department very busy) we are also receiving 2700 more new loans being transferred from another mortgage lender in the beginning of the New Year with 200 of them already past due on their payments...... :runaway::runaway::runaway: Two positive things for me about all this is the job security..... :work: and I work extremely hard to keep my borrowers happy and remain in their homes. :happy feet:

Do ya'll do refi's in Tennessee?

Archived