TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The wait is over!

James  Hill

Hello! My wife and myself are new Shelby owners as of this past August. After looking at our black 5 speed for over a year at the dealers lot, we finaly did it. WAY COOL ! We love our little Shelby, 07SGT3891. It has the 1000 stereo, heated seats, leather wrapped wheel. Future plans include an s/c, wheels, brakes and a few exterior goodies.

We just discovered these forums a few weeks ago, and we will become members after the holidays. Since we have had our Shelby, we have NEVER seen one on the road. We saw three 08's in blue up in the Tri-Cities about a month before we bought ours, they were all on dealers lots. We really do not expect to see that many around here in The Dalles, but it is really cool to have the only GT in town. I believe there is a 500 though.

I have a couple of questions for any of you that may have some insite. Since bought, we have only 2600 miles on it. The weather now in 18deg. outside with a nice sheet of ice on the road, so the little Shelby is put away. We have never had a car that will not be driven in this weather, as it will not come out of the garage. My question is there any special care requirements when keeping it idle through the winter? I have a few ideas, but really not that sure.

Thanks for now. We are really looking forward to thawing out and driving.

JnJ

P.S. We are in The Dalles Oregon, have made contact with Grabber in WA, and another member in WA. Was wondering who else may be in our area.

post-23391-1229357624_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1229357709_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1229357624_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1229357709_thumb.jpg

Welcome and I am glad you found us. You will like it here. You can never post too many photos of your ride, particularly when you modify it. When you modify it, the rule here is that you cannot tell us about it without posting photos with the story. :D

Jim

The weather now in 18deg. outside with a nice sheet of ice on the road, so the little Shelby is put away. We have never had a car that will not be driven in this weather, as it will not come out of the garage.

Thanks for now. We are really looking forward to thawing out and driving.

JnJ

P.S. We are in The Dalles Oregon, have made contact with Grabber in WA, and another member in WA. Was wondering who else may be in our area.

Congrats JnJ!

We've had ours for a week and then this winter weather shows up. I drove it home and she drove it to work one day and that's it! :banghead: Now it's 25 deg and 4" of snow on the ground. Once the snow and ice goes away and the "sand" is cleaned up we'll probably drive it (even in the rain!). lol Owning a car like this is a new experience for us as well but we sure smile when we take a peek in the garage. :shades:

We are in McMinnville.

Howdy!, I put my car away starting mid november untill about April, the only thing I do is hook up the battery tender every month to keep the charge in it, otherwise nothing else.

Archived