TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did someone on here win the Strat on Ebay tonight?

How much are they worth? What did they sell for when they were released?

$1076 for a fender strat seems to be in the ballbark. I had a 86 Fender Stratocaster (american series) when I was a kid (paid $700) and I traded it for a set of Fisher Speakers that I still have. Probablly in the top 20 stupid things I have done

How much are they worth? What did they sell for when they were released?

$1076 for a fender strat seems to be in the ballbark. I had a 86 Fender Stratocaster (american series) when I was a kid (paid $700) and I traded it for a set of Fisher Speakers that I still have. Probablly in the top 20 stupid things I have done

Prices are all over the board on these things but $1000-$1500 seems to be average although there is a guy selling one for $1800 on Ebay. They are holding their value better than the cars! :hysterical: I just have a hard time paying that much for a standard issue Strat with "Shelby" on it unless it's the same number as my car.

Don't feel bad. Many a year ago I pawned my 69 Rickenbacker fretless bass for $250 and was never able to get it back. I miss it soooo much. :cry: It's in my top 10 stupid things done right under selling my Galaxy Fastback 2-door hardtop with the 289 H.O. for $350.

I now use a Peavey T-40. It weighs about a ton but plays very well.

I actually have a set of Fisher Studio's in storage I picked up for $100 in a Garage sale. They have 15" woofers and will knock stuff off the walls with the right amp!

I tried, but i must have been a second or two late :censored::doh::cry:

Good buy for whoever won :banghead::banghead:

I guess it's not just me then. The few times have tried to bid on anything I have been outbid at the last second. I tried to buy a cheap Kodak camera for 40 bucks. There were at least 30 listings for this model yet I was outbid by 5 dollars in the last second.

Maybe it was Ron Pratt? :-)

$1076 is not a bad price. I'd love to have one, but my wife doesn't understand my addiction to my car let alone adding another guitar to my collection a 14 already.

Hi, my name is Mark and I also have a guitar collection addiction! :hysterical:

Although I am getting better! I'm down to 21 guitars! :doh:

Well, Im in good company then...Ive got 20 including all three Ford Fender guitars...

The GT #71, KR #44, and I have ordered the new mustang acoustic but havent got it yet.

Its an expensive addiction...

Does the Jimmy Page Gibson double neck count as one or 2? :hysterical:

They sure look nice on the wall though!

What I would really like to add is a Sitar...I feel like it might come in handy for my next Beatles wannabe album! LOL

Either that or it might help me charm snakes or get a better deal on oil prices... :hysterical:

Hi Mark, I'm Mike. I LOVE guitars, you have me beat though. My wife say's I only need one. Whats up with that? She doesn't get it.

:hysterical: No they don't ... no matter how many times you demonstrate!

Well, Im in good company then...Ive got 20 including all three Ford Fender guitars...

The GT #71, KR #44, and I have ordered the new mustang acoustic but havent got it yet.

Welcome to the meeting DubbsFaris :happy feet:

So what are the crown jewels in your collections?

Mine:

1) 1971 "last of the 4 bolts" Fender Stratocaster

2) 1988 "mint" PRS Custom 24 serial number in the 2000 range.

3) 1999 "mint" Suhr Classic T serial number in the 400 range.

4) Dave Stewart 1962 reproduction custom order relic .. super cool strat!

I've got a 57' Strat that is my baby...HUGE David Gilmour fan, so it was a given to get that

My others in no particular order are:

Ovation Strat copy- #11, which isnt worth much, but was my very first guitar.

2 Ovation electric/acoustic Celebrations, one with Gold plated hardware.

A 12 string '64 Epiphone signed and owned by Roger Waters- It just sits on the wall lookin pretty

A Gibson limited edition first run Robot Les Paul---cool color

A chrome strat from the 80s

the three Ford Fenders

a couple of Yamaha acoustic 6 string beaters that I play around on when I have company...

I keep a Martin backpacker and a Yamaha frameless for travel.

Washburn 8 string bass

a really cool looking ibanez electric acoustic (the woodgrain is stunning)

the jimmy page Gibson double neck

I still plan on getting a custom Alvarez Yairi MMY1 since I am such a Monte Montgomery fan!

Also on my wishlist is good Gibson SG, but one hasn't jumped out at me just yet.

I've got a 57' Strat that is my baby...HUGE David Gilmour fan, so it was a given to get that

A 12 string '64 Epiphone signed and owned by Roger Waters- It just sits on the wall lookin pretty

the three Ford Fenders

a couple of Yamaha acoustic 6 string beaters that I play around on when I have company...

Washburn 8 string bass

I still plan on getting a custom Alvarez Yairi MMY1 since I am such a Monte Montgomery fan!

Also on my wishlist is good Gibson SG, but one hasn't jumped out at me just yet.

Nice axes! .... How does that Chrome Start play? Never seen or heard one in person always wanted to.

Its an expensive addiction...

Does the Jimmy Page Gibson double neck count as one or 2? :hysterical:

They sure look nice on the wall though!

What I would really like to add is a Sitar...I feel like it might come in handy for my next Beatles wannabe album! LOL

Either that or it might help me charm snakes or get a better deal on oil prices... :hysterical:

you need to add one of these to your collection

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_1530_1.jpg

IMG_1522_5.jpg

you need to add one of these to your collection

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_1530_1.jpg

IMG_1522_5.jpg

That is ONE HELL OF A Guitar, is this the $5,000 KR guitar? How do you play it with NO strings? I think Dubb did mention he has a KR guitar but not sure if it looks like this one.

the three Ford Fenders

Washburn 8 string bass

I didn't know anybody else knew who Monte Montgomery was? I have a friend that went to Austin TX to help his brother do some finishing touches on his house and they went out partying every night and he saw Monte play alot at some club out there they were hanging out and said he's very cool; my friend came back to MN and all he could talk about was what an amazing guitarist Monte MOntgomery is, he said he is going to be the next Stevie Ray Vaughn

That is ONE HELL OF A Guitar, is this the $5,000 KR guitar? How do you play it with NO strings? I think Dubb did mention he has a KR guitar but not sure if it looks like this one.

no, it's custom built and was given to Mr. Shelby at the 85th bash. only 2 were made with this color scheme. the last 2 pictures were taken before it was completed.

http://www.bolinguitars.com/bcsgallery.html

I didn't know anybody else knew who Monte Montgomery was? I have a friend that went to Austin TX to help his brother do some finishing touches on his house and they went out partying every night and he saw Monte play alot at some club out there they were hanging out and said he's very cool; my friend came back to MN and all he could talk about was what an amazing guitarist Monte MOntgomery is, he said he is going to be the next Stevie Ray Vaughn

I guess you could say Im a fan. I know Monte and his mother Maggie pretty well. He got his start when his mother would tour. He learned from some of the best musicians around. He could REALLY play by the time he was 10, and was already on stage with his mom.

Archived