TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quick trip to Vegas

twobjshelbys

Thanks for the pics Tony. I haven't seen anybody post good shots from inside the new museum yet. I remember being a local tech inspector for SCCA when the spec racer Shelby came out back in the late 80's I believe. That was a cool car, but only lasted a couple of years as a spec class from my memory.

Thanks for posting the pics Tony.

If you look closely you will see some of the LCD video monitors in the museum. I want to say there are 6 of them. They display both video footage and still shots of Shelby history.

And don't forget to wave at the live cam when visiting, no not the kind of wave you use on the freeway but a nice g'ma wave to the folks at home.

Steve

I totally forgot about the live cam!

Adrienne was recognizing one of the members of our tour - he is the gentleman in first picture of the second set that is leaning against the receptionist desk. He was the leader/organizer of a fairly large Mustang Club and totally volunteered for years and years. She read an email from his son (who owns a Ford dealership (?)) and had told Adrienne that he would be there that day.

I got pics of the Dodges too! Especially for you, Steve!

Is the '69(?) Maroon GT500 one of Carroll's cars? Sweet! In fact a general question: Are all the vehicles in the museum Carroll's or are there some guest vehicles? [i think maybe I answered - I think Amy's glass topped car is/was there.]

One more random thought about Shelby car collections.

Everyone should try to visit the Colorado Shelby American Collection museum near Boulder (about half way between Boulder and Longmont). I live only about 15 minutes from it.

Next summer on one of our Vegas trips I think we will go through Salt Lake and visit the other half of the Shelby American Collection. And, if anyone has photos from the Salt Lake collection please post some!

Are there any more collections of this type that are open to the public?

Archived