TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'TIS THE SEASON

It's time to release your inner Clark Griswold. What have you done to decorate for Christmas?

Our living room is light blue and white cottage style (boring) :boring: . My wife has a white flocked prelit with white lights. All of the decorations in there are also light blue, white and silver (also boring) :boring:.

My wife and I have a long standing feud :club: over pink lawn flamingos. She considers them the most tacky creature ever made :barf: Naturally I decided to do all I can to get as many of all things flamingo as possible :stirpot: I have 6 lawn flamingos and a set of 12 outfits for all seasons and holidays for them. I even have an additional 4 black ones that have skeleton bones painted on them for Halloween.

I put outdoor lights on our 25' Spruce tree and the dwarf Alberta Spruce trees in our front yard. I also put over a dozen large colored Christmas ornaments on the big tree so it looks like a huge version of the Christmas tree you would put indoors. I then placed three birds from my flamingo collection, in Santa hats from Petco, in the middle of the front lawn :happy feet: :drool: I was outside admiring my decorating talent when she pulled in from work :busted: :angry2: :rant2:

I also have my own 6' pink prelit Christmas Tree in our study. I buy every flamingo and tropical ornament I can find every year. I have also added a few of the engine block ornaments from Summit Racing this year. Margaritaville and The Flamingo in Vegas asked me to send them pictures this year. They always have some cool ornaments for my collection. Surprisingly, Kohl's isn't a bad place to find them either.

Such is decorating at my house.......... :hysterical2:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

ERIK

07SGT2940

To address the main issue, I do not hang up any lights. I'm kind of "Bah-humbug" concerning Christmas, but not to the extent of Scrooge. We do have a Clark type in the neighborhood, and my wife remarks at how ridiculous the house looks every time we drive by. Personally, I feel if they want to spend the money for all of the displays and the electric bill, then more power to them. It's their business.

It's time to release your inner Clark Griswold. What have you done to decorate for Christmas?

Our living room is light blue and white cottage style (boring) :boring: . My wife has a white flocked prelit with white lights. All of the decorations in there are also light blue, white and silver (also boring) :boring: .

My wife and I have a long standing feud :club: over pink lawn flamingos. She considers them the most tacky creature ever made :barf: Naturally I decided to do all I can to get as many of all things flamingo as possible :stirpot: I have 6 lawn flamingos and a set of 12 outfits for all seasons and holidays for them. I even have an additional 4 black ones that have skeleton bones painted on them for Halloween.

I put outdoor lights on our 25' Spruce tree and the dwarf Alberta Spruce trees in our front yard. I also put over a dozen large colored Christmas ornaments on the big tree so it looks like a huge version of the Christmas tree you would put indoors. I then placed three birds from my flamingo collection, in Santa hats from Petco, in the middle of the front lawn :happy feet: :drool: I was outside admiring my decorating talent when she pulled in from work :busted: :angry2: :rant2:

I also have my own 6' pink prelit Christmas Tree in our study. I buy every flamingo and tropical ornament I can find every year. I have also added a few of the engine block ornaments from Summit Racing this year. Margaritaville and The Flamingo in Vegas asked me to send them pictures this year. They always have some cool ornaments for my collection. Surprisingly, Kohl's isn't a bad place to find them either.

Such is decorating at my house.......... :hysterical2:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

ERIK

07SGT2940

Your kill`n me. :hysterical2::hysterical2: Maybe you should invite Ruf over he likes PINK :hysterical:

I want to see pictures of the Christmas Flamingo's! :) I don't have a lot of room to decorate this year (from house to an apartment) but my tree is up and what I could get out is definately out! This is the first year I let my kids put their ornaments on the tree and not move them. I am a bit OCD about the tree and 97% of the time, They put them all in the same spot (Ages 8 and 5) and I have to end up moving them around a bit.. but I promised this year I wouldn't move them from where they put them-- and so far, I have kept my promise! :)

Happy Holidays!

It's kind of a blue :cry: Christmas in our house this year. Both our children are on their own adventures. Our son Danny is working in Lake Tahoe for the ski season and our daughter Jessica is living in Bali until April. So this is the first Christmas without our family together.

I may have went a little "Griswold" myself this year... but it's really fun, especially so because we have little kids who get really excited to do it.

post-8981-1228965920_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1228965929_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1228965920_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1228965929_thumb.jpg

Pink flamingo's?....Hmm..... I wonder if he stayed home from work today. :headscratch:

Boy, did I pick the wrong day to start this post!! :banghead: Sorry to disappoint anyone but I am not of that persuasion. However I know a few people and couples who are. Even they don't know what to think of my decorating style :nonono::nonono::headscratch:

I have pics of my inside tree I'd love to post but I have to do it from my work computer and it won't let me do the Photo Bucket thing. I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know what else to do. I have a Cannon Powershot camera and the images are too large for this site, they're at least 1.6 MB or more.

As for the lawn flamingos, we're expecting lots of snow this weekend so I'm holding off 'til after the storm to take pictures :camera:

ERIK

07SGT2940

One year I tried the same ornaments as you have but do you realize how many Bud Lights it takes to decorate a 6' tree??!! :happy feet: :beerchug:

I'll be right over to help you out........................you can thank me later. :beerchug:

What no lights & only ONE refreshment, hardly worth the effort??????? :hysterical:

It does have lights my friend!

I'll be right over to help you out........................you can thank me later. :beerchug:

Come on over. :beerchug: :party2: Be warned though, Utah beer is only 3.2% and taxed to the hilt :cry:, courtesy of the local religion. We have make a run to Wyo, Id, or Nv. to get the good stuff :drool: you take for granted. Just don't get caught, they're always watching :lurk::hide:

You gotta do what you gotta do :shift: :happy feet:

Come on over. :beerchug: :party2: Be warned though, Utah beer is only 3.2% and taxed to the hilt :cry:, courtesy of the local religion. We have make a run to Wyo, Id, or Nv. to get the good stuff :drool: you take for granted. Just don't get caught, they're always watching :lurk::hide:

You gotta do what you gotta do :shift: :happy feet:

3.2 beer????? I though they outlawed that stuff 20 years ago, I'll tell ya what, I'll pack up the Trailblazer with real Bud Light and be on the way!

3.2 beer????? I though they outlawed that stuff 20 years ago, I'll tell ya what, I'll pack up the Trailblazer with real Bud Light and be on the way!

Are you kidding, it's all the rage here in the land of Zion. :headscratch:

On a better note, I work in Park City where the 2002 Olymics were held and the Sundance film Festival is every January. We have people from all over the world coming here to ski and/or live. We are like the real world up here in our mountains. :happy feet: We have a micro brewery in town that makes "Polygamy Porter" . The ad slogan is "When you're having more than one" Would that be wives or beers? :headscratch::hysterical:

They also make a dark beer called Devastator that is 8%. It is sold only in State liquor stores. A few of them will set you cleanly on your :censored: , down for the count.

Are you kidding, it's all the rage here in the land of Zion. :headscratch:

On a better note, I work in Park City where the 2002 Olymics were held and the Sundance film Festival is every January. We have people from all over the world coming here to ski and/or live. We are like the real world up here in our mountains. :happy feet: We have a micro brewery in town that makes "Polygamy Porter" . The ad slogan is "When you're having more than one" Would that be wives or beers? :headscratch::hysterical:

They also make a dark beer called Devastator that is 8%. It is sold only in State liquor stores. A few of them will set you cleanly on your :censored: , down for the count.

you poor SOB's. :cry: I feel sorry for you.

Archived