TEAM SHELBY FORUM

87 #707 4sale on e-bay

rare_ram

Saw that auction this morning. Got a little concerned with it being sold in Michigan and having a repaint with only 29k miles so off to CarFax we go.

It looks like the mileage is correct at 29k but the car spent 15 years in Michigan and then 3 additional years in Minnesota before going to Arizona in 2006. While its obvious this car wasn't a daily driver it should be inspected closely for rust as 18 years in MI & MN can not be ignored.

It does appear to be pretty much stock but something is up with the exhaust exiting the rear. Its either damaged or has been modified as its not sitting right.

Depending on the inspection it could be a great car for someone.

Steve

Saw that auction this morning. Got a little concerned with it being sold in Michigan and having a repaint with only 29k miles so off to CarFax we go.

It looks like the mileage is correct at 29k but the car spent 15 years in Michigan and then 3 additional years in Minnesota before going to Arizona in 2006. While its obvious this car wasn't a daily driver it should be inspected closely for rust as 18 years in MI & MN can not be ignored.

It does appear to be pretty much stock but something is up with the exhaust exiting the rear. Its either damaged or has been modified as its not sitting right.

Depending on the inspection it could be a great car for someone.

Steve

I thought the same about the paint. Wonder what happened. It was less than 25K miles when repainted since the owner said the previous owner had it repainted. Yeah the exhaust is different and the wheels have been polished. None of these things are a big deal. The car looks great.

• 1 month later...

I Was the previous Minnesota owner of this GLHS. The car was re-painted by the owner from Michigan. From what I was told the clearcoat failed so he had it re-painted. Yes the Muffler is wrong. When I bought it the previous owner had removed it and had a straight pipe installed (but oddly enough left the front resonator on it). I tried to find a correct muffler for it, but to no avail. It has a muffler for a Daytona on it that I had. It was supposed to be temporary fix until I could get the right one. I ended up selling the car before this happened. The car has a Stage II L/M which isn't listed on the auction(I still have the original). also When I sold it it had 26,380 miles on it. Being from MI/MN the car does have very little rust, just a liitle bit where the floor pan meet the frame rails(it was always stored inside when I owned it).

Thank's Brian

I Was the previous Minnesota owner of this GLHS. The car was re-painted by the owner from Michigan. From what I was told the clearcoat failed so he had it re-painted. Yes the Muffler is wrong. When I bought it the previous owner had removed it and had a straight pipe installed (but oddly enough left the front resonator on it). I tried to find a correct muffler for it, but to no avail. It has a muffler for a Daytona on it that I had. It was supposed to be temporary fix until I could get the right one. I ended up selling the car before this happened. The car has a Stage II L/M which isn't listed on the auction(I still have the original). also When I sold it it had 26,380 miles on it. Being from MI/MN the car does have very little rust, just a liitle bit where the floor pan meet the frame rails(it was always stored inside when I owned it).

Thank's Brian

Brian welcome to the Team Shelby forums.

Thanks for posting some history on the car when you owned it.

Steve

Your Welcome Steve

I Bought a master Vin list from you when you were on TD.com. Anyways A little more history on the car is also it had the original belts,hoses and even plugs wires when I bought/sold the car. All the GLHS specific items were there except the warranty booklet. The Mobil 1 plaque is a repo(the original was shot). Hope whoever buy's the car will enjoy it as much as I did.

Archived