• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rockon:

Says who ????????????

http://www.saac.com/worldRegistry/index.html

Coming soon................ :kuko:

I'm not sure I understand your post?

This thread is talking about the Shelby Owners' Forum hosted by the Shelby Automobiles, Inc. website.... :shrug:

edit: As I posted earlier; it is eligible for the registry.

Here's the link http://www.shelbyautos.com/forum2/

I'm not sure I understand your post?

This thread is talking about the Shelby Owners' Forum hosted by the Shelby Automobiles, Inc. website.... :shrug:

edit: As I posted earlier; it is eligible for the registry.

Here's the link http://www.shelbyautos.com/forum2/

Hmmm..........strange but when you go to that link and then to 'vehicles' it does mention the GT500 in a paragraph

The site will not let you register if you are a Gt500 owner. Does that mean it is different then the official shelby registery. I feel we are being slighted also if the GT500 is not considered a Shelby after all the hype by Ford and Shelby.

The "Shelby Registry" is kept by SAAC which is a "club" of owners of Shelby cars of all makes. This site is operated by Shelby Automobiles, Inc. (the folks making the Rent-a Racers).

I think what that guy stated very poorly is that the forum is for customers to talk about the cars they build there at that facility. It probably was not intended to be interpreted as "we don't recognize the GT500 as a real Shelby."

He probably just needs to rephrase.

...because if he doesn't "correct" himself, the :fan:

Guys its a 07 SVT Cobra. You all knew this. 43K bargin dont forget it, its not 1960 again :elefant: . Bet that autograph wont be on as many dashes now?

Show me where this says SVT COBRA! :doh:

post-768-1161656613_thumb.jpg

I think the point is that it's been hyped/sold/ADM'd as "The almighty Shelby" Mustang, yet, like some have said (I hate it when a point that EC made is validated so easily) it's just the next version of the SVT Mustang (a very cool and powerful one!) where they paid Shelby to use his name on the car. If Shelby Auto doesn't recognize it as one of their own, it pretty much says that my point, and others as well, has just been made.

Again - cool, fast, most-powerful-Mustang-ever = yes. Instant collectable that makes up for not buying that 67GT500 for $2000 in 1987 = no!

Before we go in with both guns blazing could someone find out what kindof drugs this Rich Sparkman is on?????????????

Ok, if that's the game at least now I understand it. I haven't been reading here and that's my fault for being too busy.

Rather than posting snippets of conversation, here's what I'm telling you about the owner's forum. It's a place where we can serve those who are buying products we're making right now in Las Vegas. At the time we opened the forum they were the ONLY owners but now that has changed. Maybe it should be renamed but the truth of the matter is that it's a place where we can interact with those who can't get this information anywhere else. For example, we have people who haven't received their cars yet but have placed an order with us. These folks can get regular updates, can request photos, etc., of cars we're in the process of producing. I'm not sure how this will work once we get going on the Shelby GT but right now it's invaluable to those few hundred we can serve.

If we open THE CURRENT FORUM up to several thousand SHELBY GT500 owners that will make our jobs much more difficult and degrade the quality and quantity of information we're currently able to provide.

I didn't intend to get anyone angry or to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff. I'll just continue doing the best job I can and will be a bit more cautious when responding to Shelby GT500 owners in the future. My telephone number at the office is 702-942-1716 if you'd like to say anything right to me instead of about me.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So you did not answer the question - Ann says that the GT500 will be in the registry and you say it isn't - which is it?

Rick Kopec also says that the car will be recognized by the Shelby registry

a snip of my email sent

> Is the new Shelby GT500 going to be included in the registry? If so how do I

> register?

>

> Please advise

>

> Anthony Watters

> awatters@comcast.net

> 360-449-3488

>

WE ARE PRESENTLY WORKING ON 3 SEPARATE VOLUMES OF THE NEW REGISTRY. THEY WILL BE ASSEMBLED AND PRINTED ONE AT A TIME; WHEN ONE IS FINISHED WE WILL BEGIN ON THE NEXT ONE. THE FIRST ONE WILL BE COBRAS/GT40S AND THAT WILL BE DONE IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS. THE NEXT ONE WILL BE SHELBYS/TRANS-AM CARS. THAT WILL TAKE ABOUT A YEAR. AND THE THIRD ONE WILL BE THE NEW CARS – FORD GTS, SHELBY GT500S, SHELBY GT-HS AND SHELBY GTS. THAT WILL PROBABLY BE AROUND 2008 OR SO.

SO THERE IS TIME. BUT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO SUBMIT SOME BASIC INFORMATION SO WE CAN START OUR DATABASE (INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR AN AVALANCHE AT THE LAST MIONUTE).

YOU CAN SUBMIT INFO DIRECTLY TO THE REGISTRAR VIA OUR WEBSITE:

WWW.SAAC.COM

GO TO “REGISTRY” AND THEN GO TO THE NEW GT500 PAGE.

BEST REGARDS,

RICK KOPEC

so again, can you check your info and revisit here to share?

Ok, if that's the game at least now I understand it. I haven't been reading here and that's my fault for being too busy.

Rather than posting snippets of conversation, here's what I'm telling you about the owner's forum. It's a place where we can serve those who are buying products we're making right now in Las Vegas. At the time we opened the forum they were the ONLY owners but now that has changed. Maybe it should be renamed but the truth of the matter is that it's a place where we can interact with those who can't get this information anywhere else. For example, we have people who haven't received their cars yet but have placed an order with us. These folks can get regular updates, can request photos, etc., of cars we're in the process of producing. I'm not sure how this will work once we get going on the Shelby GT but right now it's invaluable to those few hundred we can serve.

If we open THE CURRENT FORUM up to several thousand SHELBY GT500 owners that will make our jobs much more difficult and degrade the quality and quantity of information we're currently able to provide.

I didn't intend to get anyone angry or to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff. I'll just continue doing the best job I can and will be a bit more cautious when responding to Shelby GT500 owners in the future. My telephone number at the office is 702-942-1716 if you'd like to say anything right to me instead of about me.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Rich,thanks for responding,and the personal letter sent to my E mail..

I think the basic problem here is that GT500 owners have bought into all the hype,by Ford,that this indeed

is the genuine article..I know i did..Most of us waited 3-9 months to get our cars,and some are still waiting

but we feel the wait was worth it. We are VERY defensive of our cars,so when a official of Shelby Automobiles says,we bought a "Mustang GT500 made by Ford", we feel slighted.

I'm sure we Shelby GT500 owners can survive with out being part of the Shelby owners fourm..This site is

great,and we thank StangsUnleashed for the opportunity to vent...

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Hey Rich,

Ford has already pissed off a ton of people with history's best example of misinformation, but customers stood firm (and many paid significantly extra) on this car because of the name. So, for you to now dub it as nothing more than a FORD, is a serious PR error and a punch in the gut to everyone that invested their money on the man whose name is on your paycheck.

If this were nothing but another SVT vehicle (I know...many of you will argue with me...but those of you who do probably don't have one in your garage) I'd never have gone through the BS I did to get it. I did it because of your boss' history, his contribution to automotive heritage, and the pride in having a car with HIS name on it.....one that whether you personally built in Vegas or not, HE endorsed and is making money (as are you!) from it's being marketed that way.

I've had heritage GT500 owners berate my car at shows because it wasn't a "real Shelby". You know what...there's was built by/at Ford, too! These are the same cars you say are deserving of a place in/on your precious forum. As far as I'm concerned, keep your limited access "boys club". I don't need your attitude. With the exception of very few infiltrators, THIS forum provides much desired information about the car, its owners and the other facets that make it more than a FORD.

In closing, you may want to share this little quote from someone who is probably a little further up the Shelby totem pole than yourself......

>>>>Sep 16 2006, 05:10 PM

Post #1

StangsUnleashed Member

*Group: Members

Member No.: 4,067

Got tired of this question so I put it to Amy B since I cant get in touch with Carroll himself and here is her reply. Nuff said

"Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car."

---Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .----

You MAY want to give thought to purging the elitist attitude. You're right, there could be more (new) GT500 owners than all the other Shelbys combined. And, while you find that inconvenient for your forum maintenance, you'll find it to be a lot bigger PR headache in the long run.

I'm sure Mr. Shelby will be surprised to learn of such a lack of inclusion by his troops.

I wish you the best in your efforts to figure this one out.

:doh:

bj

Hey Rich,

Ford has already pissed off a ton of people with history's best example of misinformation, but customers stood firm (and many paid significantly extra) on this car because of the name. So, for you to now dub it as nothing more than a FORD, is a serious PR error and a punch in the gut to everyone that invested their money on the man whose name is on your paycheck.

If this were nothing but another SVT vehicle (I know...many of you will argue with me...but those of you who do probably don't have one in your garage) I'd never have gone through the BS I did to get it. I did it because of your boss' history, his contribution to automotive heritage, and the pride in having a car with HIS name on it.....one that whether you personally built in Vegas or not, HE endorsed and is making money (as are you!) from it's being marketed that way.

I've had heritage GT500 owners berate my car at shows because it wasn't a "real Shelby". You know what...there's was built by/at Ford, too! These are the same cars you say are deserving of a place in/on your precious forum. As far as I'm concerned, keep your limited access "boys club". I don't need your attitude. With the exception of very few infiltrators, THIS forum provides much desired information about the car, its owners and the other facets that make it more than a FORD.

In closing, you may want to share this little quote from someone who is probably a little further up the Shelby totem pole than yourself......

>>>>Sep 16 2006, 05:10 PM

Post #1

StangsUnleashed Member

*Group: Members

Member No.: 4,067

Got tired of this question so I put it to Amy B since I cant get in touch with Carroll himself and here is her reply. Nuff said

"Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car."

---Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .----

You MAY want to give thought to purging the elitist attitude. You're right, there could be more (new) GT500 owners than all the other Shelbys combined. And, while you find that inconvenient for your forum maintenance, you'll find it to be a lot bigger PR headache in the long run.

I'm sure Mr. Shelby will be surprised to learn of such a lack of inclusion by his troops.

I wish you the best in your efforts to figure this one out.

:doh:

bj

BJ-

Very well said. Thank you. +100.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Ok Boys I see my email to Amy got thru & caused Rich to join since I gave them the web address as to what we were talking about. Sorry I am posting this late this morning but I was stuck in a morning meeting & I just checked my email at home & I see I got a reply last night from Amy Boylan (President ) & she did copy Rich & a few others their at Shelby America with her reply to me.....

"Rodney, this car is absolutely a Shelby. I don't know of any letter by Rich, but I can assure you the Gt500 is a Shelby. It is in the registry as well

Amy

Amy Boylan

President Shelby Automobiles"

Ok.... I sent a reply to Amy & this is what it says......

Amy,

First and foremost thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to personally answer my email. I think this whole thing of “Is it a Shelby or is it Not” is starting to snowball because more & more people are receiving them & they what to be part of this exclusive fan club of Carroll Shelby. Maybe it's because were Baby boomers & we have all wanted one since we could say the word Shelby? Or maybe it’s because were passionate about this car? What ever each person’s reason for buying one is & wanting to be part of your forum community should not be ignored when asking why can’t I join?

I know Rich became a member on StangsUnleased.com last night & is being Cc: on this email.

Rich I appreciate you trying to rectify the situation but I think you stirred up a hornets nest with your reply & after reading more replies after your post when you were just trying to clear the air.

Amy I am posting Rich’s reply below for your information so maybe a new post can be published that will satisfy all Members who so desperately love this car & want to be part of the Carroll Shelby Legacy.

Thanks again for talking the time to respond & Godspeed

CWHR

Well I guess we will just have to wait & see if Rich or Amy chimes in with a reply now that is a little more positive. Keep your fingers crossed.

"This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs"

Ahhh, but wait until after SEMA is over and we'll be glad to collect your money for the GT500 goodies we'll be offering for your SHELBY.

:fan: Funny

Sorry to offend anyone, Im not a hater Im a lover. The letter kinda pissed me off even though I know my car was built in Mich not L.V. and yes I still want THE MANS sig on my dash. :D

And I stand corrected I looked all over the car and couldnt find the word COBRA anywhere, just a bunch of big venomus snakes all over it. My bad ;)

Peace :beerchug:

Ok Boys I see my email to Amy got thru & caused Rich to join since I gave them the web address as to what we were talking about. Sorry I am posting this late this morning but I was stuck in a morning meeting & I just checked my email at home & I see I got a reply last night from Amy Boylan (President ) & she did copy Rich & a few others their at Shelby America with her reply to me.....

"Rodney, this car is absolutely a Shelby. I don't know of any letter by Rich, but I can assure you the Gt500 is a Shelby. It is in the registry as well

Amy

Amy Boylan

President Shelby Automobiles"

I've sat quietly and thought about this and the more I think about it the more concerning it is. Clearly a communication breakdown but good to see that Amy is addressing it and Rich seems to have realized his error in the first place but i couldn't agree more with what was said by many around the frustration of this issue. The fact is SHELBY is part of what is driving up the cost and the ADM. It's what has brought in collectors. If this was simply and SVT Cobra we would mostly all still want the car but a lot of the collectors likely would not and at the very least ADM charges would be less and shorter lived. To heare a Shelby representative of any level say that the Shelby GT500 is not a Shelby should cause more concern to Ford than any of us. Clearly there is a partnership being reformed there not just for this car but many and it would appear that the partnership could be costing Ford some exclusive partnerships from the past (Saleen for example). Ford I have to imagine would not be happy to find out that Shelby does not view the Halo joint effort as a real Shelby product because the work on the car is not done in Vegas.

Personally - pull the stickers off and give me a blank trunk lid with no adm and I'll be happy with that. This kind of thing ruins the image of the Shelby Automotive for me (not to mention this car) - even if cleaned up the fact that a Shelby rep could/would suggest a car with the Shelby name on it and marketing etc behind it is not a Shelby causes some real issues with making this purchase which I have not yet because of the large ADM's in place. Honestly the whole thing is not a big deal to me from the standpoint of the forum since I am more than happy with this forum, but the principal of the idea really bothers me and makes me wonder if I want anything associated with Shelby Automotive (or in this case maybe not but bearing the name). It may seem extreme but I get really irritated with things like this and the only saving grace is that Amy has responded the way she has...She is a real assett to Shelby Automotive....even if i end up with a Challenger of Camaro because i don't want to pay 45K + 10-20K ADM for the Ford Mustang GT500......I believe Evil Chris already pointed out this car is a build up mustang GT but now with some one from Shelby confirming that is all they view it as there is a little more sting in that statement. I would think this is the kind of car Shelby would want to be associated with and would open their arms to these owners who could bring in more business. Sure it may mean hiring a few more people and growth but is that really so bad for a company?

I'm glad this came out now - I'll be able to evaluate options over the winter months and determine what I want to do - wouldn't it be ironic if after all Ford (or at least the dealers) has done to irritate me Shelby Auto. is the one that finally turns me off to the whole thing.....especially since they don't even view it as a Shelby - good partnership Ford - perhaps if you open a facility in Vegas the product will be recognized by the partner who's name is on the ass end of it.

I should be receiving my Gt500(guess I can't call it a Shelby any more) in a couple of weeks. Boy has the wind been knocked out of my sails. I can Guarantee one thing for sure. I will never buy anything from Shelby Automobiles, Inc. as long as Rich Sparkman is associated with it. Anyone that arrogant doesn't deserve my business. I can't believe how much this bothers me! I guess getting Carroll Shelby's autograph doesn't mean anything either.

"This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility."

In addition to all of the other rage built up because of this. I believe Ford also makes the cars Shelby MODIFYING in the LV location. Maybe if the GT500 passes through there to get the SHELBY plate suck on it's ass on the way to delivery it too becomes what it has been advertised as all along.

Ford should be more PO'd by this than any of us.

Interesting:

http://www.carrollshelby.com/gallery.htm#

GT500 doesn't show up anywhere on his site, or in the pictures of his 'official' cars?

I just got back from Vegas where I did the Shelby factory tour. The late Shelbys produced by Ford as well as the GT500 received the same treatment, a passing mention with the caveat that "those weren't produced by "us", but by Ford". Even though there was a Vista blue coupe as well as Mr. Shelby's black convert at the back of the factory, they received no mention. I could sense a pretty clear distancing from the GT500, at least from the Shelby tour guide.

Doesn't bother me a bit, I've always been more than happy with the Ford produced units (Boss 302, 429, Machs)..

"This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility."

In addition to all of the other rage built up because of this. I believe Ford also makes the cars Shelby MODIFYING in the LV location. Maybe if the GT500 passes through there to get the SHELBY plate suck on it's ass on the way to delivery it too becomes what it has been advertised as all along.

Ford should be more PO'd by this than any of us.

Ford would care if it weren't just a giant corporation that used an advertising gimick to sell a Mustang SVT Cobra for more than it should have been sold for. (before even adding an ADM)

This 2007 Mustang SVT Cobra should have been badged as such and sold for 40k ish.

Kudos to Ford for their ingenious plan and flawless execution. :party:

OMG I just saw on one of the websites they are making a 'shelby' badged V6?

ROFL

Just read this on SAAC site... Here is the link so you can read the entire page. See the underlined section regarding registry.

http://www.saac.com/blurb.html

In 2005 a new generation of Shelby Mustangs was unveiled. Carroll Shelby was back at work with the Ford Motor Company, and his hand prints were all over the 2007 Shelby GT500 model. The excitement these cars created was amazing... even before the first one was completed. With cars promised for summer 2006 delivery, a veritable feeding frenzy took place and Ford dealers found themselves besieged with potential buyers. Before long they were accepting orders, but only with surcharges of $10,000 to $25,000 over MSRP. Many of these buyers were already SAAC members, but those who weren't were invited to join the club and participate in its activities with this newest generation of Shelbys. Before the first car was completed SAAC was already setting up a registry so the histories of these cars could be recorded from Day One. The same thing was going on with Ford's new Ford GTs.

Carroll Shelby is not a one act play. No sooner were the details finalized on the new GT500s then Shelby and Ford announced they would be teaming up with Hertz to provide that company with a black-and-gold rental version of the Shelby Mustang, called the Shelby GT-H. The 500 examples produced proved so popular that Shelby and Ford followed that up with another model, the Shelby GT - another Shelby Mustang positioned between the standard Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. Before anyone could catch their breath, Carroll Shelby had pulled three rabbits out of his black cowboy hat and a new generation of Shelby owners was created. Each of these new models will have its own registry and its own following.

For most of us, SAAC is more than just a loose organization of owners and enthusiasts who enjoy cars produced and sold by the same manufacturer. The club is part family, part hobby, part historical archive and part refuge from the pressures of the day to day world. These cars provide the opportunity to lose yourself in the past, when high performance, horsepower and speed were unquestioned virtues. They came from a time before the suffocating blanket of government over-regulation, when bragging about zero-to-sixty times and top speeds were the coin of the realm. They start out as simple automotive diversions but quickly become a part of your life. Join us and find out what makes these cars so special.

I checked out SAAC registration forms and it appears that 1968 Shelbys and new Ford GTs can register. To the best of my knowledge neither one of these were produced in Las Vegas. Anyone know any different?

Ok, enough!

My appologies for not answering sooner, but I have been out with a family illness.....

The GT500 is a Shelby. It will be in the registry and it already has a place on the open forum. The owners forum is and was only for Cobra's. Cobra's built by Shelby. It doesn't even have the mustangs built by Shelby in the 60's. This forum is mostly for issues with cars that are being built and delivered by us, missing parts, update pictures , changes in production etc.... It will not have the new Shelby GT, GT-H or any other mustangs we are currently building.

When I took over we were 100+ cars behind, this forum was used for that purpose. To Inform on orders and customers and keep them in the loop.

There are many great Mustang forums, including this one! We would never, nor could we ever try to support all theShelby Mustang owners our there. We ado have an open forum for all Shelby enthusiasts as well. I hope this clarifies the issue. I am sorry if Rich or anyone at Shelby made the GT500 owners feel slighted, that is not our intention. hell, 3 of us are on order for one. Maybe in the future we will have owners forums for all the cars Carroll has built including the glh, the trucks, the mustangs, the vipers, the series1 etc, but right now a company in transition and the size of shelbyautomobiles could never support all the owners. and do a good job of it. I do agree, that maybe after the cobras are all done and we are caught up, we keep just the open forums, so no one feels hurt. I will look at this down the road.

On another note, we will be making some cool stuff for these cars, The GT500 is a terrific car and we plan on doing some great additions for it.

For the record, threats and class action threats are not the way to work with me. If there are threats, I will have to stop posting on these sites. As I can not risk exposure or public postings. This responses is exactly the reasons why more management don't post on forums. I am a firm beliver in open communication. Lets please try to keep this on an open and respectful level. There are usually reasons for everything. I am here and I have email. Feel free to use it to talk to me.

Amy

President, Shelby Automobiles

Archived