TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snub'ed my Shelby owners forum...

MYGT500

I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i received back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owners Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that were currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owners Forum is only applicable to the cars were making here at our Las Vegas facility.

Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I'll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So...i guess,this car will not be recognized as a "real" Shelby by Shelby Automobiles. I'm a little dissapointed,after all the interviews and videos with mr Shelby,praising the car and shown driving it...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i recieved back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owner’s Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that we’re currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.

Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I’ll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So...i guess,this car will not be recognized as a "real" Shelby by Shelby Automobiles. I'm a little dissapointed,after all the interviews and videos with mr Shelby,praising the car and shown driving it...

This car is not a GT500 Mustang it is a Shelby GT500 ,built by Ford, like many other Shelbys in the past.

What is this guy's problem ? To make his point he had to call the car something other than a "Shelby". A little disengenous if you ask me. Not to mention snobby!!!!

I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i recieved back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owner’s Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that we’re currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.

Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I’ll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

I got the same reply and same reaction ! Kinda didn't hit me until later. Then stated wondering "WHAT THE . . ."

Calling RUF Calling RUF Do you here me buddy? WE need your assistance here. Operation Las Vegas! Come in RUF.....

...probably crying over SAS.....short antenna syndrome.

Maybe we should tell him about those all natural antenna enhancing potions they sell on TV. They are supposed to increase your reception :hysterical:

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

This kind of thing is EXACTLY why I'm hesitant to provide solid responses in the FAQ. What seems like a sure thing is often not.

Dave

This is not acceptable.

Robert Lane needs to step up and represent you all. A link on the left side of the page with a form for Shelby owner's to complete sounds like a logical progression.

A class action may be called for. Or at least a formal boycott.

Shelby is on the trunk lid.

Complete B.S.

Just my 2c.

Probably the same ones they passed around when they made the Shelby Charger :hysterical:

I was a technician at a Dodge dealer when those were released. All I can say is :fan: .

The other techs said "If a customer is complaining about not enough power, just take the front timing cover off, advance the timing belt one tooth, and send them on their way". Bumping the timing gave them a bit of low-end boost. The risk is that it also reduces piston to valve clearance...which could result in a MAJOR problem should something go wrong.

Dave

06 - which part of this don't you understand?

Shelby is on the trunk lid.

I don't care that it's a Shelby...I've stated that many times. However, I feel badly about this for those of you who do care, who live with Shelby blood in your veins, and who truly care about and understand the lineage.

I have a feeling that this will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction, although it may take some work/complaining to get there. Keep talking, keep fighting, don't give up. :banvictory:

Dave

This is Horse$hit !

we need to rally the troops and fix this guy's attitude. :rant:

BoneDoc,

Luv your car ! same combo as mine! I don't like this policy either. Think it stinks. But it's not just this one guy. It is written policy spelled out on their website. This "attitude" goes all the way to the Top! Now is that Carroll ....or Amy? :baby:

Archived