TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snub'ed my Shelby owners forum...

MYGT500

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yepper. All those that couldn't find a "Ford" GT500 without a big ADM can now go to their dealers and soon pay MSRP OR LESS! The "Shelby" ADM is no more.

Maybe now the GT500's will get into more Drivers hands and not into collectors hands, these cars were meant to be driven and raced. Just like back in the day.

I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i received back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owners Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that were currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owners Forum is only applicable to the cars were making here at our Las Vegas facility.

Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I'll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So...i guess,this car will not be recognized as a "real" Shelby by Shelby Automobiles. I'm a little dissapointed,after all the interviews and videos with mr Shelby,praising the car and shown driving it...

Obviously this guy thinks of the 2007 Shelby GT500 as an SVT product and not that of Shelby, but wait a minute the GT500's are going to be in the Shelby registry.

Yes. The "real" Shelby GT500's that will be fully certified and blessed at the Las Vegas Shelby Automotive facility. Heck, they're even changing the S H E L B Y lettering on the deck so as to further not confuse it with the "ford built" ones.

2008 Shelby:

Are you by chance mistaking the the Shelby GT500 upgrade package recently introduced by Shelby for another complete vehicle?

From what I've heard, it could be a $30,000 added on top of the current GT500 price. Some may be interested. Don't know that it discounts the current GT500 in any way.

Just my observation.

hsurb

2008 Shelby:

Are you by chance mistaking the the Shelby GT500 upgrade package recently introduced by Shelby for another complete vehicle?

From what I've heard, it could be a $30,000 added on top of the current GT500 price. Some may be interested. Don't know that it discounts the current GT500 in any way.

Just my observation.

hsurb

I love my GT500. A little disapointed that it technically now is not a "40th anniversary" GT500. We'll see what the details are on pricing and availability of the kit and if the components are available individually.

2008 Shelby:

Just my observation.

hsurb

Where did you hear $30,000? Sources please.

Obviously this guy thinks of the 2007 Shelby GT500 as an SVT product and not that of Shelby, but wait a minute the GT500's are going to be in the Shelby registry.

That's not what he said. He said the car is not a Shelby Automobiles product. Shelby Automobiles is the name of their company, and they had nothing to do with the production of the car. He and Amy have explained this already.

Dave

2008 Shelby:

Just my observation.

hsurb

I agree with you, the GT500 is not going to be discounted or degraded. It is just a upgrade package as you mention. The GT500 is still a 40 year car. If the cost of the package is what you say, it is not worth it. We will see. :rockon:

Archived