TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snub'ed my Shelby owners forum...

MYGT500

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad this situation has been brought under control.

(1) It showed just how much this car means to all of us (being a Shelby)

(2) It showed Shelby Automotive that it deserves more respect than some over there were giving it.(or apeared to )

(3) It showed that Ford is just as concerned ,or more ,about the relationship with Shelby as we are.

(4)It will in the end have a positive affect on our relationship and comunication with Shelby Automotive

(5) Last but not least maybe cause all of us to wait for all the facts before making any judgements about any given situation.

Communication is the key which is why this forum is so valuable to all of us . I for one am glad this has been resolved.

Eph 4:26 let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

+1, and nice job tying it back to the instruction book! :yup:

What the :censored: is your problem Blayne9067? Amy is trying to calm things down & you want to complain about hoods & how they price aftermarket pieces? If you don't like their price make them yourself, if you have a problem with SA then email them directly instead of trying to public flog them when we have the attention & good will of the President of the company chatting with us to resolve a communication issue here. Your just going to ruin our our ties with her with an attitude like that. :doh:

Pay no attention - he wears a thong?

Oh - very appropriate. Very mature.

A class action can very often get someone's attention - and results.

Wasn't that the point of this thread? Did that happen?

You have a problem with what I said? Tell me about it.

Don't patronize me.

And - by the way - I've got your thong right here.

Edit: here's my quote: "A class action may be called for. Or at least a formal boycott."

That, my ignorant brother, is not a threat. Learn the language, you hear?

Geez, Ruf, chill out. It's a freakin' joke! Don't post your manly bikini if you can't take a little ribbing!

And, for the record, class action suits rarely do squat for those that have been "wronged". At the end of the day, the negotiated settlement is divided up in so many piece that it is meaningless to the individuals. The only people that actually come out on top in the majority of class action suits are the law firms. That is why you see big, honkin' adds for everything from damage by vitamins to baby strollers in the business section of major newspapers. I have been a member of a good number of "classes" throughout the years and as I recall, I think the largest settlement I ever received was a $5 calling card from MCI.

Finally, I have never made claims of maturity.

bj

Thank you. There needs to be patients. This was already sent to Ford. My staff had to deal with that as well. No good comes from losing control. There are usually reasons why something is said or there is a misunderstanding.

The Shelby Gt500 is a great car. all of you who own or are buying one, should be very proud! I know I will be. This made at shelby/not made at shelby is not a debate worth having. The Gt500 will be in the registry so regardless of where it is made, it is a shelby, period. Carroll's name is on it, it's a Shelby. We are making parts for it, it's a Shelby.

And, I "was" a born and raised Chevy Girl and I have one on order.... you can bet I think it's a Shelby too! ;)

Take care, feel free to email me, I will respond as soon as I can

Amy

Amy: Thank you for clearing this whole mess up. My passion for the car runs deep, and I can't wait for mine to arrive. I look forward to seeing what goodies Shelby has to offer for it. I am proud of the car and it's history. Thanks again. Bless you. :yup:

ARE you crazy! If she tells us it will start a war! :hysterical:

Yeah - and did you have to pay an adm charge? :)

If not can you order me one too? Triple black stripe delete vert or Alloy stripe delete vert...I'm not picky I'll be happy with either :)

Let's put this threat to bed and move on to car stuff.

Geez, Ruf, chill out. It's a freakin' joke! Don't post your manly bikini if you can't take a little ribbing!

And, for the record, class action suits rarely do squat for those that have been "wronged". At the end of the day, the negotiated settlement is divided up in so many piece that it is meaningless to the individuals. The only people that actually come out on top in the majority of class action suits are the law firms. That is why you see big, honkin' adds for everything from damage by vitamins to baby strollers in the business section of major newspapers. I have been a member of a good number of "classes" throughout the years and as I recall, I think the largest settlement I ever received was a $5 calling card from MCI.

Finally, I have never made claims of maturity.

bj

In that context - I didn't sense humor. If that's they way it was meant - I apologize.

Tread carefully with me when it comes to connotation/denotation. I don't threaten lightly. I didn't threaten then.

Peace -

Edit - Ask Mazda about just the hint of class action. They bought back my '01 Miata (full price) because they mis-advertised the hp by about 12. Ask GM about their "diesel" Chevy 350 of the '80's. There is strength in numbers.

Yeah - and did you have to pay an adm charge? :)

If not can you order me one too? Triple black stripe delete vert or Alloy stripe delete vert...I'm not picky I'll be happy with either :)

Let's put this threat to bed and move on to car stuff.

Yeah your right lets move on . Okay where is my car????????????????

Yeah your right lets move on . Okay where is my car????????????????

Unfortunately that is one thing neither Amy nor Shelby Autos can help us with right now... Unless you change your order to a Shelby GT :doh:

In that context - I didn't sense humor. If that's they way it was meant - I apologize.

Tread carefully with me when it comes to connotation/denotation. I don't threaten lightly. I didn't threaten then.

Peace -

Edit - Ask Mazda about just the hint of class action. They bought back my '01 Miata (full price) because they mis-advertised the hp by about 12. Ask GM about their "diesel" Chevy 350 of the '80's. There is strength in numbers.

Say it isn't so RUF?

You owned a Miata? :drop:

That's a girls only car! I think they came in only PINK right? :hysterical2:

:doh:

I knew it as soon as I clicked on Reply.

Yes - I had a Miata.

It was the day after Christmas, 2000. I was living alone. (with my Welsh Corgi - Vinny)

At the kitchen table, I read in the paper they had them on sale ($2000 rebates).

I had a '98 F-150. I drove down to New Bern - saw a silver vert with tan leather - took it out and took it home.

Five months later - Mazda said they'd buy it back. They did. End of story.

I guess I figured chicks might like it.... :doh:

...man, what a shark tank! I only drove it 5 months...and don't EVEN ask how much hp it had....

:doh:

I knew it as soon as I clicked on Reply.

Yes - I had a Miata.

It was the day after Christmas, 2000. I was living alone. (with my Welsh Corgi - Vinny)

At the kitchen table, I read in the paper they had them on sale ($2000 rebates).

I had a '98 F-150. I drove down to New Bern - saw a silver vert with tan leather - took it out and took it home.

Five months later - Mazda said they'd buy it back. They did. End of story.

I guess I figured chicks might like it.... :doh:

...man, what a shark tank! I only drove it 5 months...and don't EVEN ask how much hp it had....

Ruf,

First things first...my point to Amy regarding the "threat" was that I had to go through an entire thread to even find anything. It was silly. It wasn't malicious. And, for Christ's sake, it was from a guy that posts pictures of men in weenie benders! Get it? In other words "Amy, don't take things so personally or seriously!"

You, my friend, were nothing more than the nearest cream-filled pie for me to toss in the face of the situation. Nothing more, nothing less. That clearly upset you and for that I'm sorry.

Now that that's out of the way.......MIATA!!!??

Jesus, Ruf...ya gotta learn! Don't shoot them over the bow unless you want us to light them and throw them back!

OK....full disclosure....I raced a Mazdaspeed MX5 (see, even Mazda couldn't call it a Miata any longer!) for a couple of years. (237 at the wheels, btw)

My wife even gave me crap for having it. She was the one that had the idea for the Shelby.

See....you're not alone. I'll stand with you and take it like, uh.....a man. :hysterical:

bj

Have any of you ever heard of the Monster Miata? It should ring a bell with any Shelby fans out there. Lets see, an underpowered sweet handling and cheap 2 seat roadster. Check A low maintainance old school Ford v8 with lots of possible performance mods. Check. Put the two together and .....Monstermiata

post-142-1161749133.jpg

and this looks pretty :hysterical: cool example

post-142-1161749133.jpg

Have any of you ever heard of the Monster Miata? It should ring a bell with any Shelby fans out there. Lets see, an underpowered sweet handling and cheap 2 seat roadster. Check A low maintainance old school Ford v8 with lots of possible performance mods. Check. Put the two together and .....Monstermiata

post-142-1161749133.jpg

and this looks pretty :hysterical: cool example

Drove one in the pits one day. Made a Viper feel like an air conditioner. Man, that thing was HOTTTT! He had a C-4 (modded) in it. I didn't get to rack on it too hard, but he had something like a 2,800 stall on it! All I know is it was waaay squirrely and if you think the GT500 is nose heavy...............................

bj

Drove one in the pits one day. Made a Viper feel like an air conditioner. Man, that thing was HOTTTT! He had a C-4 (modded) in it. I didn't get to rack on it too hard, but he had something like a 2,800 stall on it! All I know is it was waaay squirrely and if you think the GT500 is nose heavy...............................

bj

I wonder if the Al 3v 4.6 out of any 05 up GT would change the 53/47 distribution he specs. Still looks like stupid good fun on a track though. Would eat up just about anything else available..... ;)

I wonder if the Al 3v 4.6 out of any 05 up GT would change the 53/47 distribution he specs. Still looks like stupid good fun on a track though. Would eat up just about anything else available..... ;)

Big motor in small car = lots of fun!!!! :shift:

Amy:

Thanks For clearing this up. One quick question what colour did you order??

Grabber orange, white strpies, shelby razor wheels ...... :) I think its cool and everyone wants black...As you can tell, I sometimes beat to a different drum.....lol

Thanks again, I am glad this is all cleared up.

Amy

Archived