TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aussie and Co. Heading back to Oz

Well we have some news that is both very exciting for us and also a little sad in some ways. A great opportunity has come our way and we have accepted and will be heading back to Australia in January. We have lived in Atlanta Georgia for 3 1/2 years and now Sudbury, Ontario for 2 1/2 years which has been a great experience. After six years out of Australia we feel it is now time to get our kids, and ourselves, home to be Australians again. :happy feet:

Of course this means that there will be soon, two more right hand drive Mustangs in the world as we will be taking both cars home with us. :happy feet:

I just wanted to say it has been a fantastic experience to catch up and meet all of you at the different events such as Dearborn 2008, Ottawa and Da Silva's cruise for sick kids. While of course we will continue to be a member here on Team Shelby, unfortunately it will be a little harder to attend the events.

Thanks for being a fantastic bunch and although times maybe tough right now, please continue to enjoy the cars and the comraderie that is available from this group at these types of events.

The "Aussies"

Well we have some news that is both very exciting for us and also a little sad in some ways. A great opportunity has come our way and we have accepted and will be heading back to Australia in January. We have lived in Atlanta Georgia for 3 1/2 years and now Sudbury, Ontario for 2 1/2 years which has been a great experience. After six years out of Australia we feel it is now time to get our kids, and ourselves, home to be Australians again. :happy feet:

Of course this means that there will be soon, two more right hand drive Mustangs in the world as we will be taking both cars home with us. :happy feet:

I just wanted to say it has been a fantastic experience to catch up and meet all of you at the different events such as Dearborn 2008, Ottawa and Da Silva's cruise for sick kids. While of course we will continue to be a member here on Team Shelby, unfortunately it will be a little harder to attend the events.

Thanks for being a fantastic bunch and although times maybe tough right now, please continue to enjoy the cars and the comraderie that is available from this group at these types of events.

The "Aussies"

Sorry to here that you are leaving us but I guess you & your family are pleased with the move. Pete it was great to meet you , your wife & son & wish you all the "BEST" .Great to hear you are taking both you cars & will still keep in touch. I have a cousin in New South Whales thats always after me to come & visit & if that happens I`ll look you up. Again All the best.

The "Aussies"

Have a safe Journey back Home. Maybe you can orginize some Mustang & Shelby Events there. If possible, try to Photograph the Righthand Drive Conversion for us.

David.

Let me guess. It was Baz Luhrmann's new movie that made you homesick right mate? :hysterical:

God speed, and may you and your family have a safe journey back to your homeland.

The "Aussies"

We had a blast in Dearborn. It was great meeting your family there.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks all for the best wishes. It will certainly be fun to get the family and the cars home. There is no doubt the cars will attract a lot of attention once we get them there and converted.

Jim, if you ever get down there, I will be very disapointed if you don't look us up. There is a bed at our house anytime.

I will continue my TS membership and of course post pics and stuff from any shows and also some pics once I have my cars converted.

Actually not a huge movie fan and haven't seen the movie yet, so can't blame that, but it could be something to do with:

Minus temperatures (-35C here this week) :banghead:

Two foot of snow already :banghead:

Storing the cars for winter :banghead:

and

+35C in Perth right now :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ocean living :happy feet:

Great beer :happy feet:

Yes it is quite expensive to convert the cars to RHD - About 35K each.

Lots going on of course as the timing is rather short but the family is starting to get pretty excited.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Best of luck mates!

We will look u up when we are in the neighbourhood!

Regards

Mark and Annette

Hey guys, you absoluutely must look us up. We will be in Perth and there is a bed anytime you guys need it or can stay.

Sorry we will miss the game of golf, but who knows we may get back for a visit one day. :shift:

Thanks all for the best wishes. It will certainly be fun to get the family and the cars home. There is no doubt the cars will attract a lot of attention once we get them there and converted.

Jim, if you ever get down there, I will be very disapointed if you don't look us up. There is a bed at our house anytime.

I will continue my TS membership and of course post pics and stuff from any shows and also some pics once I have my cars converted.

Actually not a huge movie fan and haven't seen the movie yet, so can't blame that, but it could be something to do with:

Minus temperatures (-35C here this week) :banghead:

Two foot of snow already :banghead:

Storing the cars for winter :banghead:

and

+35C in Perth right now :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ocean living :happy feet:

Great beer :happy feet:

Yes it is quite expensive to convert the cars to RHD - About 35K each.

Lots going on of course as the timing is rather short but the family is starting to get pretty excited.

Thanks I will.

Guest markham51
Hey guys, you absoluutely must look us up. We will be in Perth and there is a bed anytime you guys need it or can stay.

Sorry we will miss the game of golf, but who knows we may get back for a visit one day. :shift:

You are always welcome at our house!

Bon voyage!

Mark and Annette

Archived