TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removed my dash plaque

I love the 40th dash plaque but I like my signed GT500 plaque also. So I removed the 40th and put the signed plaque on so I can look at Shelby's signature for a while.

Current 40th plaque looks cool.

40thplaque.jpg

Official plaque removal tool, hard plastic spatula right out of the kitchen.

spatula.jpg

Slide official removal tool under corner of plaque and slowly work it under. When you have enough space get your fingers under just slowly lift it up.

spatulaplusplague.jpg

No fuss, no muss

noplaque.jpg

Sweet looking signed plaque now in place until I feel like changing back. I only expose about 30% of the tape. It's plenty strong and is easy to take off. Even without the official removal tool.

signedplaque.jpg

Now take that 40th dash plaque and send it into the Childrens Foundation and have Carroll Shelby sign it. Have him put Carroll on the left side at a slight angle, and Shelby on the right side at the same slight angle.

You will then have a very unique plaque and the best of both worlds. :happy feet:

• 1 month later...
Now take that 40th dash plaque and send it into the Childrens Foundation and have Carroll Shelby sign it. Have him put Carroll on the left side at a slight angle, and Shelby on the right side at the same slight angle.

You will then have a very unique plaque and the best of both worlds. :happy feet:

:happy feet: excellent idea....Grabber... :happy feet:

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about using velcro on mine when it comes in, however, only exposing some of the 3M is a great idea. Most people buy these cars to keep for a very long time, I mean, why else spend $400.00 on a dash plaque w/ a signature and the VIN? However, if a decision is made to sell it, then I'd absolutely remove it... unless other arrangements were made...

Super idea Rob! Thanks a bunch :)

You better get that "official plaque removal tool" back in the kitchen drawer before the wife finds it in the garage! <_<

Looks cool Andy! You better listen to BAD SNAKE, I just got busted using the kitchen scissors in my shop. :hysterical:

Looks cool Andy! You better listen to BAD SNAKE, I just got busted using the kitchen scissors in my shop. :hysterical:

I got busted using the turkey baster to remove power steering fluid once. Now the kitchen is off limits to me.

I got busted using the turkey baster to remove power steering fluid once. Now the kitchen is off limits to me.

Marji (opening the garage door): Hey, Dan do you know where the turkey baster is????headscratch.gif

Dan (bent over the engine sucking out the PS fluid): Uh, hi honey...ohmy.gif

Marji (beating Dan over the head): @#$*!chairshot.gif

Marji (opening the garage door): Hey, Dan do you know where the turkey baster is????headscratch.gif

Dan (bent over the engine sucking out the PS fluid): Uh, hi honey...ohmy.gif

Marji (beating Dan over the head): @#$*!chairshot.gif

Yep, that's pretty much how it went down. Hmmm, almost sounds like you were witness.............help a brother out next time Stuart.

Yep, that's pretty much how it went down. Hmmm, almost sounds like you were witness.............help a brother out next time Stuart.

Dan,

No, was not a witness... I just know what would happen if I did it and Bea found out!!!!rant2.gifslapfight.gifchairshot.gifboxing.gifhide.gif ... I'm always there for you--just let me know my friend...

Stuart

Looks great. I had that plaque on my car when it went in for the 40th conversion. I asked them to leave it on and I have the 40th plaque put away for safe keeping. Good to know about the special removal tool, should I ever decide to swap it out!

Archived