TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We Got One!

RiverRunner

What a week. :wacko: After missing out on a decent deal early in the week we were pretty bummed out. Then on Weds I found another SGT on Craigslist that was 2 hours away. I immediately sent off an email and made contact. We set up to look at the car at 9:00 this morning. This time I was ready if the car checked out.

My wife and I took it for a test drive and by the look on her face I knew the answer. We are now the proud owners of CSM 07SGT0936 :yahoo:

Shelby_1.jpg

CSM07SGT0936.jpg

I can't believe our good fortune and how this worked out for us. This one had 7200 miles and was in great condition. Still had that new car smell. It even came with a car cover, a Bell 995 radar detector, and all of the paperwork including the window stickers. It's a "standard" GT with the Shaker 500 w/6 disc changer stereo, dark charcoal interior, cruise, etc. No nav, ambient lighting, heated seats or the extra gauges but that's ok.

Best of all, it was even less money than the other car I was looking at. :headspin: I smiled, laughed, giggled and waved back to people all the way home.

Congratulations, and you even got the best and fastest color!! You're going to have a blast with it. Next step - join Team Shelby!

Good for you! Sounds like a great deal. Those white SGT's are great looking cars and a kick in the pants to drive....I plan on flogging my brother in-laws SGT on the track at the Shelby Bash next month! :shift: Shh, he doesn't know that yet :hysterical:

What a week. :wacko: After missing out on a decent deal early in the week we were pretty bummed out. Then on Weds I found another SGT on Craigslist that was 2 hours away. I immediately sent off an email and made contact. We set up to look at the car at 9:00 this morning. This time I was ready if the car checked out.

My wife and I took it for a test drive and by the look on her face I knew the answer. We are now the proud owners of CSM 07SGT0936 :yahoo:

Shelby_1.jpg

CSM07SGT0936.jpg

I can't believe our good fortune and how this worked out for us. This one had 7200 miles and was in great condition. Still had that new car smell. It even came with a car cover, a Bell 995 radar detector, and all of the paperwork including the window stickers. It's a "standard" GT with the Shaker 500 w/6 disc changer stereo, dark charcoal interior, cruise, etc. No nav, ambient lighting, heated seats or the extra gauges but that's ok.

Best of all, it was even less money than the other car I was looking at. :headspin: I smiled, laughed, giggled and waved back to people all the way home.

Great car...congratulations. Get the Billet hood pins first. The 07 ones suck. And they ding up pretty bad when you pop the hood release without removing them first... :banghead:

Congratulations, and you even got the best and fastest color!! You're going to have a blast with it. Next step - join Team Shelby!

Welcome to the Shelby family. White being the fastest color is debatable, but congratulations to you anyways. Now you will have to come to Grabbers meet and greet in May., around the Vancouver, Wa area. Check the NW section. What part of Oregon are you in? There is a fairly big NW family here.

Since you got such a great price, we all can help you spend the money you saved on mods. :spend: We are all experts.

I know your wife will love this car. Enjoy the car, lots of Shelby smiles per mile.

Welcome and congrats on your SGT. McMinnville, Oregon is not far from my place in Vancouver, WA (Battleground). We will have to meet up when the weather gets better. We are always having cruises with a great group here locally.

Welcome and congrats on your SGT. McMinnville, Oregon is not far from my place in Vancouver, WA (Battleground). We will have to meet up when the weather gets better. We are always having cruises with a great group here locally.

We'll have to meet up some time. I'm in Vancouver (Camas) quite often actually where I help build boats on the weekends so I know my way up I-5 and 205 quite well. Can't even say how excited we are. Neighbors saw it the garage and had to come look so the show and tell has already started.

We are pretty happy with the way it is at the moment and I think it will stay a "stock" Shelby for a while. From what we are use too it's got gobbs of power. We fish and play on the local rivers a lot in our boat so we are hoping this will fill the gap between fish runs and work. I'm not sure if the boat is going to be happy with the competition however. :)

Hope to get some better pics tomorrow and let the wife hit the road in it. She'll likely drive it more than more I although I'm not sure how that is going to work. I already told her maybe we need to find a vista blue one for me and we'll get rid of the ranger and the explorer. What a fun car to drive. :shift:

• 4 months later...

Congrats.

We just bought ours recently as well with a similar experience. 3 other buyers were ahead of us and each fell through one by one as we waited patiently for a week. Eventually, the last deal crash and burned and it was OURS!

What a great car to drive.

And yes, I love all 4 colors on the Shelby GT, but ours is white and silver too!

Bob

Archived