TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2010 GT500 Pictures

brian70068

Looks like the "regular Mustang" guys will be able to use the GT500 hoods on the 2010's, if they want, as the grille/headlight bodywork seems to be the same (except for the grille itself).

I think its a pretty sharp looking car, but I'm still not sure about that taillight design.

THE REAR LOOKS FLAT ---- AND THE RIMS -- FORMER IROC-Z ---

THE FRONT LOOKS AWESOME --- GRILLED TO INTIMIDATE --- GT500 2010

I STILL LIKE MY 08' -- IT HAS A STRONG ELEANOR LOOK --- OLD STYLE.

I'm voing ok on the whole thing. I'd drive it, but cetainly not rushing to trade mine in.

Front is good, but I really don't like the decision to run bumper in front of the hood. Ours are much cleaner looking. With Fords fit / finish talent, I can't imagine these won't show off panal alignment issues like a sore thumb.

Back end is pretty bad. Way too much black plastic on the lower facia and the whole bizarre angle that the tailights are on, just looks weird.

I still am mixed on the fenders losing all the definition. For the '10's, they look melted.

How about pics of the 2 side by side at different angles? I personally don't like the heavy nose, the beady headlights or the rear end. I like the wheel combo and the rear fender kink. I was not able to attend the unveiling but have seen the videos and the 2010 does not do it for me. Interestingly, all previous mustangs took a while to grow on me except one. My 2007 hit all the right buttons for me to pull the trigger.

How about pics of the 2 side by side at different angles? I personally don't like the heavy nose, the beady headlights or the rear end. I like the wheel combo and the rear fender kink. I was not able to attend the unveiling but have seen the videos and the 2010 does not do it for me. Interestingly, all previous mustangs took a while to grow on me except one. My 2007 hit all the right buttons for me to pull the trigger.

I agree that all Mustangs took a bit to grow on me, except the '07 GT500 when it came out. It hit everything perfectly. Nothing needed to be changed from a styling standpoint. I suppose the rear end sits a bit high, and the rear tire doesn't fit in the wheel well perfectly, but styling wise, those are the only items that could have been addressed.

The new nose does look "heavy". That is a good way to describe it.

How can anybody justify moving the snake to the passenger side??? That stinks of somebody needing a little to much to be "different". Maybe this designer wasn't loved enough as a child?

I, too, like the fender kink, but I am not a big fan of the loss of the crisp fender creases.

I'd still drive one, however..... Some angles look pretty cool.

Archived