TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why isnt this on the news?

Subject: Why isn't this on (front page) the news?

Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor

(click on Mike Monssor downlaod now)

PO 2 (EOD2)(Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD

Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously

for jumping on a grenade in Iraq, giving his life to save his fellow Seals.

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being

moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National

Cemetery, SEAL's were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route

forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center. As

Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from

his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin.

(click on trident download now)

The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it. This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day.

Since the media won't make this news, I choose to make it news by forwarding it.

I am damn proud of our military. If you are proud too, please pass this on.

If not then rest assured that these fine men and women of our military will continue to serve and protect.

God Bless our Troops

Mike_Monsoor.bmp

Tridents.bmp

Mike_Monsoor.bmp

Tridents.bmp

:salute: Reminds me of a story I heard along time ago, a news reporter ask a Marine why he "LIKED" to kill people. The marine replied that he didn't like to kill people, and that he was a sheepdog. "A sheepdog"????? replied the news person. The marine replied, " most of the people in the U.S. are like sheep, they go about their daily routines like sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep, I am the sheepdog!. The sheep pretend that the wolves will never come, but the sheepdog.....................he lives for that day. I always liked that story true or not, just shows some people are cut out to be our protecters and many are not.

i seen pictures of Soliders helping Iraq children, helping the elderly and what not.

The media is an embrassment,

I hate Fox News, and the other news channels, because they trash everything about the war, people dont realize that they actually helped those ppl get their freedom back; ex. Taking down Saddam. My ex-roommate is over in Iraq right now, and he it isnt bad like the media is protraying.

sometimes the seals and its tight nit family do not want exposure, or looking for sorrow from others. its all up to the family if they want this to be private or not and the media should respect the family's decision. not like pat tilman where used and used some more.

seals in general just do their job and have the officer's take all the creds.

god bless da military, come home safe.

Interesting. Wonder why the coffin wasnt draped. Having been to or excorted several hundreds of flag draped funerals I have yet to see one where the flag was removed and folder prior to making its way the burrial site. Also, Seals dont bear the rate EOD2 but other wise the are rated a MA.

Just a though, Ill see what else I can find if anything.

If this story is true I salute you MA2 Monsoor!

Semper Fi.

Edited: I stand corrected ::

Check this out as well as the video. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

Interesting. Wonder why the coffin wasnt draped. Having been to or excorted several hundreds of flag draped funerals I have yet to see one where the flag was removed and folder prior to making its way the burrial site. Also, Seals dont bear the rate EOD2 but other wise the are rated a MA.

Just a though, Ill see what else I can find if anything.

If this story is true I salute you MA2 Monsoor!

Semper Fi.

Edited: I stand corrected ::

Check this out as well as the video. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

If anyone can get thru that video without crying.......well I couldnt!

We salute you Mike Monsoor! :salute::salute:

Thanks for finding that Reino.

More info!

Here are the President's words on this American hero:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=764_1208082149

NBC did a special report during their news conference:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2...honor-recipient

ABC Article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4612679

ABC Video:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id...;,%20800,%20635

CNN article:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/08/seal.meda...ael%2520mansoor

From a CNN ShowTranscript:

WOLF BLITZER: All right. Stand by. We'll get back to you. I want to go to the video right now. There's a video that they're going to be showing of a Michael Mansoor, who was a Navy SEAL, a medal of honor recipient. They're going to be paying tribute to him.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: -- but he grew up to be a hero. Michael was the son of George and Sally Monsoor. Sally was a social worker. George, a Marine. Little Mike's first week in Kindergarten went well, but on week two trouble started. Sally says Mike just wouldn't wear the nice clothes she laid out. He insisted on mixing plaids and stripes, but we sort of suspect he was just waiting for the strength of Navy blue.

Mike's path to the Navy had its obstacles. He suffered from terrible asthma, coughing fits. So Mike strengthened his lungs by swimming. He played football and rode a snow board. He enlisted in the Navy and this boy with asthma said he was going to be a Navy SEAL. Well, less than a third who try become Navy SEALS, but in September 2004, Michael Monsoor earned the right to wear the Navy SEAL trident.

One of Mike's instructors said, what's the deal with this Monsoor guy? He just says "Roger that" to everything.

Mike deployed to Ramadi, Iraq in the Spring of 2006, and brought that attitude with him. Ramadi had been a violent and intense area. The SEALS were charged with special operations. In May, Mike and another SEAL ran into the line of fire to save a wounded teammate. With bullets flying, Mike returned fire with one hand while helping pull the injured man to safety with the other. Roger that. Then on St. Michael's day, September 29th, 2006, Mike and two teammates had taken a position on the out-cropping of a rooftop when an insurgent grenade bounced off Mike's chest and fell in front of him. He didn't pause for a second. Mike yelled grenade, and leapt on top of it before it exploded. Mike's body shielded the others from the brunt of the blast and two other SEALS were only wounded. Roger that.

Mike Monsoor died about 30 minutes later. Mike Monsoor never led an Army or commanded a nation. Yet he will never be forgotten. For putting his country before self, Michael Monsoor became the fourth Medal of Honor recipient on the war on terror. It's the nation's highest military distinction, given for untold valor, valor beyond anything that duty requires or a superior could command.

Almost every SEAL on the west coast turned out for Mike's funeral. As the SEALS filed past the casket, they removed their golden tridents from their uniforms and pressed them on the walls of the coffin. The simple wooden coffin became a gold plated memorial to a hero named Michael Monsoor.

The Navy SEALS have a creed: "in the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail."

Petty Officer Michael Anthony Monsoor did not fail. Country first. Roger that.

ANDERSON COOPER: That is Sarah Monsoor, sister of Michael Monsoor. She's sitting next to Cindy McCain. All around the auditorium, people are standing up applauding.

ORSON SWINDLE, FORMER MARINE AVIATOR: Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you and good evening. We're privileged to have with us this evening Michael Monsoor's sister and his two buddies from SEAL Team three, Brian Lee Babbin and Tom Deschavio (ph). Sarah and Tom and Lee, would you please stand and remain standing. We honor your brother and the sacrifice of you and your family.

Thank you so very much.

----------------------------------------

Curiously the ONLY web site, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, not to bring up anything about this heroic young man was FoxNews which have "0" returns on a search.

I knew of this story several months ago. I wept then and I wept again while watching this video. What an honor we had during his watch. We remain free and safe because of his sacrifice. May the grace of God be with his family and our nation.

:salute: Reminds me of a story I heard along time ago, a news reporter ask a Marine why he "LIKED" to kill people. The marine replied that he didn't like to kill people, and that he was a sheepdog. "A sheepdog"????? replied the news person. The marine replied, " most of the people in the U.S. are like sheep, they go about their daily routines like sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep, I am the sheepdog!. The sheep pretend that the wolves will never come, but the sheepdog.....................he lives for that day. I always liked that story true or not, just shows some people are cut out to be our protecters and many are not.

The rest of the story. http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Archived