TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Do I Do Now

Ok, I went to the body shop this AM to take photos.

I created a quick Photobucket account (first time user) just to get them up, rather than post them all here.

I forgot to set the camera to jpg, and shot them all RAW, so a little may have been lost in the conversion and downsizing.

Pardon some of the lens flare!

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/BunkyL/

I feel a little better after talking with the insurance adjuster, and the service rep at the shop. Got a quick look at the work area and some of the cars they're working on. Even the guys at the rental place said they did good work.

I was in a rush, but called the number in the Shelby Handbook, and explained my situation and concern regarding the shop replacing whatever parts Shelby installed. Didn't get the name of the person, but he explained that the shop should take digital photos and then give them a call. They'll then determine what they need to provide. The shop rep said he'd follow through. He also indicated he’d be using all new Ford parts. It’s close to work so I can drop by anytime to check. Told him as soon as all the sheet metal was off I wanted to see.

He thinks is all "cosmetic" and that the damage didn’t make it to the engine area, but everything in front would have to be replaced.

We’ll see.

That is one heck of a bump! :censored:

Glad you are ok, bruises heal.

What were the weather conditions?

They flipped their SUV? How fast were they going? :shift:

You were sitting still.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went by the shop today, and boy was I surprised.

They are ordering parts, more to be determined after it's on the chassis jig. I'll get photos then as well.

Estimated time for repair, ...6 weeks.

I created albums, thinking it would be easier to keep track, ...not so sure now, ...let me know what you guys think.

brace yourself and click below, then look for the "Disassembly" album

They are ordering parts, more to be determined after it's on the chassis jig. I'll get photos then as well.

I created albums, thinking it would be easier to keep track, ...not so sure now, ...let me know what you guys think.

How much money to fix that ?

ShelbyDamage-28Large.jpg

WOW! It's painful to look at! :cry:

The most important thing is that no one was hurt, other than that, I can't tell you how much it breaks my heart to see any SGT in that condition but it sounds like you are getting a lot of excellent advice from the forum members. It reminds me how lucky we are to have a forum to reach out to other more knowledgeable members.

I always try to make the best of a bad situation so let me just ask this.......Headers? SC? Aluminum DS?

As long as she's up on a rack, might be something to think about.

All the best

Bunky,

Did any frame damage extend beyond the front of the car? How did the engine/transmission look once taken off the car?

Without getting into your business too much, I hope the shop does an excellent job on the car, but was the damage anywhere to close to totaling the car out?

I wish you the best in getting it looking good again!

Sudguy4

You should make sure that the Shelby core support CSM tag , and also the shelby emisson sticker under the hood don't get lost and they are switched over to the new parts, if new parts are used...

I had my eye on the tag, but not the sticker. I'll make sure to bring that up the next time I visit !

Thanks, :whew:

Firstly, ...thanks to all for the replies and encouragement.

I was going to wait until I had the next set of photos before I posted, but didn’t get a chance to go by there today, hopefully tomorrow.

I have not heard from the adjuster since the first night, last Thursday. Nor have I seen the estimate yet, ...can’t see how they’ll get more than the one, unless they’ll have other shops make a visit, ...or truck it around.

Since I told them not to start until I took pics on Friday, I was giving them a day to get started.

I also have not heard the “other side” of the story, so I don’t know the carriers position right now (haven't heard from them either).

I did refer the shop to Shelby, ...the 800 number in the back of the Shelby Handbook.

I also sent them an e-mail stating I was going to document the repair on this web site and sent the link.

Good opportunity for positive PR, or ...

Got a voice mail about medical coverage today waiting for a call back.

Bunky:

You will be much better off going through State Farm and they WILL pay you generously on Diminshed Value...see the PM I sent you and let me know if I can help you any.

Andy.

:blink:

is that ur subframe? geesh it got toasted. are u sure she wasnt drivin a monster truck? ugh!

man if that was my car i wouldnt want it back. :drop:

but i guess body shops can perform miracles these days. hope u get it back as good as it was new.

and yeah i'm glad nobody was hurt.

Stopped by the shop today.

Considerable progress made, ...should have gone earlier in the week.

New steel was attached while it was on the Car-O-Liner assuring the locations are to factory specs.

The Shelby emissions sticker is still on the old hood, but I doubt it'll come off intact.

FrameHorns-6-5Large.jpg

...more: http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/BunkyL/

under "5 New Front Structure"

• 2 weeks later...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sitting at a light in LA today, waiting to make a left turn.

SUV crosses the intersection and as it passes clips the left front setting off the airbag.

My hand was at 12 o'clock and took the force of the bag, big bruise and some swelling.

I was totally shocked the bag went off, I guess because the vehicle was out of my field of view, ...looking for the next car.

Engine did not stall, so I'm certain I was not moving.

I completed the turn and pulled over to get out of the intersection, fender well dragging on the tire. Had to exit the passenger side, as the driver’s door wouldn't open.

As I sat on a bus stop bench trying to figure out what had happened, a young lady sitting there told me I wasn't at fault and gave me her name and number.

A friend who works nearby came over to ask if I was o.k., and informed me the SUV had turned over, ...on its side. The female driver and young girl were out and OK.

A police officer came over took my info and story, gave me his card with the report number, and called a tow truck.

I checked with my State Farm insurance agent and had it towed to an approved body shop.

I later found out from my friend that, it looks like she moved over as she passed me because the damage started mid way on her driver’s side door, she then lost control of the vehicle, which caused it to flip. It could have been avoided.

So, I am very thankful everyone is all right, ...at least so far.

But now, what do I have to worry about as far a Shelby is concerned. The bumper is trashed so I'll need the stripes for that. I had to tell the body shop guy who was writing it up, you can only get the strips from Shelby. My 08"s stripes weren't that bad yet, although they had started to deteriorate. Do I try to file a claim now? Should I call Shelby and ask what they recommend?

I could see the left front frame(?) horn is bent, but couldn't tell if anything got into the engine. Hood's buckled, both fenders are tweaked, but the doors seem to be in place based on the quarter panel gaps. I'll take pics in the morning.

I'm so pissed right now, ...just passed 3000 mi.

Like the words at the end of every American Musclecar TV show 'Don't Crush em, Restore em'

• 2 weeks later...

Almost there...

snuck over to the shop from work today
waiting on the fender badges, hood pins, scoop, pony for the grill, ...and misc items
they had to send the scoop and hood pins (lanyards, cotter pins(?), and bezels) back to Shelby via a dealer
hopefully I'll get it back this week, it's been 5

anyone for scoop delete, pony delete, and badge delete?
AlmostThere-01Large.jpg

more at http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/B...Almost%20There/
pardon the color, sun was blazing and I was rushed, ...need to work on my white balance

Almost there...

waiting on the fender badges, hood pins, scoop, pony for the grill, ...and misc items

they had to send the scoop and hood pins (lanyards, cotter pins(?), and bezels) back to Shelby via a dealer

anyone for scoop delete, pony delete, and badge delete?....

Bunky,

Looking good!! We could look the other way so you find out how she feels say to go around the block. You can also verify the sequentials work??

Tom

Almost there...

anyone for scoop delete, pony delete, and badge delete?

AlmostThere-01Large.jpg

more at http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/B...Almost%20There/

pardon the color, sun was blazing and I was rushed, ...need to work on my white balance

Looking much better there Bunky! Looks like they did a good job on the stripes from what I can see too...Hopefully you'll be back in the saddle again soon...

Archived