TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Before Thanksgiving weekend photo assignment

twobjshelbys

I dropped co-pilot at the Denver Airport to see her mom on the Saturday before Thanksgiving (she got back about 2:00 on T-Day). The weather was supposed to be superb on Sunday so I decided to take a little road trip Sunday morning.

The itinerary was Red Rocks, up through Boulder on the Peak to Peak to Estes Park, a little side trip through Rocky Mountain Park, and then back on Highway 7 through Allenspark.

I just couldn't resist any more. #2 - the five speed - now has brown up from a teenager at 16 to a grand total of 230 miles.

Photos follow

Some of the Colorado Breakfast Club will recognize the location of the first few shots. They are from the turn on Red Rocks. I didn't know what time they opened - I figured 7 or 8 this time of the year, but they actually open the gates at something like 5:00. I wish I'd been there for the sunrise at about 7:00. The purple light would have been a really good photo (better than these).

DSC_1208.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1215.jpg

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

DSC_1230.jpg

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1250.jpg

This is in Rocky Mountain Park (at the Alluvial Fan flood site for those that know). There were some snow flurries, and the snow flakes really show up against the black paint.

DSC_1275.jpg

DSC_1284.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Some of the Colorado Breakfast Club will recognize the location of the first few shots. They are from the turn on Red Rocks. I didn't know what time they opened - I figured 7 or 8 this time of the year, but they actually open the gates at something like 5:00. I wish I'd been there for the sunrise at about 7:00. The purple light would have been a really good photo (better than these).

DSC_1208.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1215.jpg

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

DSC_1230.jpg

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1250.jpg

This is in Rocky Mountain Park (at the Alluvial Fan flood site for those that know). There were some snow flurries, and the snow flakes really show up against the black paint.

DSC_1275.jpg

DSC_1284.jpg

Tony - great photo's ! Couple in the dirt parking lots ? You didn't peel out now did you?

Archived