TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting Dodge/Shelby item on eBay

I'm not usually one to follow closely the Dodge end of the Shelby world, not to say I don't appreciate it nor was I unaware of it when it was happening. One of my best friends has a Shelby Charger and I certainly knew what the 'S' stood for in GLHS.

I was sent this piece by a friend and I thought I'd post it up for those who appreciate such things:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOWEEK-CARROLL-SHELB...bayphotohosting

Enjoy.

Yup thats a poster of what we Dodge guys call "the Birthday Car" which appeared on the cover of AutoWeek magazine back in January 1988 for Carroll's 65th birthday.

And that actual prototype Shelby Dodge car is owned by Team Shelby member JamesL and his wife Cindy. They are also a supporting vendor here on the TS forums. Look for the FWD-Performance banner.

Steve

Yup thats a poster of what we Dodge guys call "the Birthday Car" which appeared on the cover of AutoWeek magazine back in January 1988 for Carroll's 65th birthday.

And that actual prototype Shelby Dodge car is owned by Team Shelby member JamesL and his wife Cindy. They are also a supporting vendor here on the TS forums. Look for the FWD-Performance banner.

Steve

And they were at the Terlingua event this year. What a fast little car!

• 2 weeks later...
IDK, but we bought three of them.

Yeah, and every time that magazine article from Hot Cars Magazine comes up with that red 87 GLHS on Ebay, I am a sucker for the $9.99 BIN. How many of those things do I need anway? :P

Alan

Archived