TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I can save the economy

Nobody wants to give from the uaw to the big three!! But everyone wants to be bailed out!! My plan is simple I do not know the cost but neither do they! So here goes you ready, make everyone man woman and child a millionaire, yes a millionaire! That would take care of the economic down turn and get everyone buying again. Think of it we would know the cost yes astronomical yes but at least we would know the cost or would we!!! :headscratch::lurk: :happy feet: :hysterical::doh::banghead::censored:

The key is the sentence about "getting everyone buying again". An economy based on consumer spending and not on the production of tangible, valuable goods is a perversion. Our GDP is approximately 70% consumer spending. We are the locusts of the world, we consume but do not produce. The only thing that will fix the economy is to somehow transition back into a production based economy. The Chinese have a production based economy and they seem to be doing better than we are. Really, which sounds better "The Americans make the best cars, trucks and planes in the world" or "Those Americans sure can piss away money"?

Nobody wants to give from the uaw to the big three!! But everyone wants to be bailed out!! My plan is simple I do not know the cost but neither do they! So here goes you ready, make everyone man woman and child a millionaire, yes a millionaire! That would take care of the economic down turn and get everyone buying again. Think of it we would know the cost yes astronomical yes but at least we would know the cost or would we!!! :headscratch::lurk: :happy feet: :hysterical::doh::banghead::censored:

:hysterical:

Think about it?????????????

If EVERYONE was a MILLIONAIRE than NOBODY would work and NOTHING would be produced to purchase

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:doh:

If EVERYONE was a MILLIONAIRE than NOBODY would work and NOTHING would be produced to purchase

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No because a loaf of bread would be about $150k.

A millionaire would be like someone making $40k a year now.

Of course I could be wrong and would be willing to test the theory.

No because a loaf of bread would be about $150k.

A millionaire would be like someone making $40k a year now.

Of course I could be wrong and would be willing to test the theory.

Your right;

They will just print up more money.................... :doh:

YES.........................I say that to BUT..................................... See Below........

True BUT...............

The Key would be to have the Government to set up a special Account for that Money where the Government gets to keep the Interest earned and the Person gets a Monthly Check of just $2,500.00 Before Taxes that way the Money, for most people is not used as a Pay Check but rather an Income Supliment so you can go back to a Single Income Household so that One Parent can possibly stay Home with the Kids. The Money in the account is NOT transferable and when that Person Dies, the remaining Money goes BACK to the Government.

David.

The Key would be to have the Government to set up a special Account for that Money where the Government gets to keep the Interest earned and the Person gets a Monthly Check of just $2,500.00 Before Taxes that way the Money, for most people is not used as a Pay Check but rather an Income Supliment so you can go back to a Single Income Household so that One Parent can possibly stay Home with the Kids. The Money in the account is NOT transferable and when that Person Dies, the remaining Money goes BACK to the Government.

David.

Isn't that Obama's plan? Except, only some will get the money.

Ok - how's this for a bailout plan. Also works for mortgages too ....

Since the government will need to give the auto manufacturers money, but the manufacturers and other consumer groups say spending itself is down the drain, I propose the following. Note, these figures are basically made up with no research - we can do some research to come up with appropriate numbers. The government can (through vehicle registrations) find people with vehicles over 10 years old. These people would get a $5,000 check to take to a dealer for Ford/GM/Chrysler and buy a brand new car. If you just purchased a new Ford/GM/Chrysler in the last two years, provide the paperwork and you'll get the $5.000. The check would only be cashable at a new car dealer, or paid to the lien-holder in the case of prior purchase. This would send money back to the manufacturers through consumer spending and help support the dealerships as well. Congress would be helping the consumers themselves help the auto industry. Yeah, but I want a Toyota from my Ford/Toyota/Scion dealer! Only the Ford vehicles from that dealership qualify - Tough Cookies. Granted, you'd need overseer-ship for this operation, but look at the overseer-ship you with current 700B Bailout (oh, yeah, I'm sorry, its just Hank himself).

Ok - got my goggles on, shoot away.

Since the government will need to give the auto manufacturers money, but the manufacturers and other consumer groups say spending itself is down the drain, I propose the following. Note, these figures are basically made up with no research - we can do some research to come up with appropriate numbers. The government can (through vehicle registrations) find people with vehicles over 10 years old. These people would get a $5,000 check to take to a dealer for Ford/GM/Chrysler and buy a brand new car. If you just purchased a new Ford/GM/Chrysler in the last two years, provide the paperwork and you'll get the $5.000. The check would only be cashable at a new car dealer, or paid to the lien-holder in the case of prior purchase. This would send money back to the manufacturers through consumer spending and help support the dealerships as well. Congress would be helping the consumers themselves help the auto industry. Yeah, but I want a Toyota from my Ford/Toyota/Scion dealer! Only the Ford vehicles from that dealership qualify - Tough Cookies. Granted, you'd need overseer-ship for this operation, but look at the overseer-ship you with current 700B Bailout (oh, yeah, I'm sorry, its just Hank himself).

I like it! :happy feet:

I guess its better than turning it over to the big three but what about people that are losing their homes maybe some money should go their way to help families keep a roof over their heads .

I guess its better than turning it over to the big three but what about people that are losing their homes maybe some money should go their way to help families keep a roof over their heads .

Ah, but I also said it works on mortgages too! Something I'm actually trying myself. Just throwing out numbers here. Gov't needs to get money to mortgage companies and I need to pay off my $500K mortgage. Well, Hank can just give me $500K and I'll turn that right over to the mortgage holder(s). Any extra would go back to the government fund where it came (aka, they give me $500K but payoff takes $485K, extra is returned). Again, pick whatever figures work for you, even turn it to a 50% payoff with decent refinance.

Archived