TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet-n-Greet in Nashville July 18-20

Boss Doctor

Meet-n-Greet  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Ya'll come'n?

• Yes, I'm in.
    • Yes, I'm in plus my co-pilot
    • Maybe, if I get permission from my______.
    • Nope!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back and the nursing home called. They're sending my mom over to the ER in a bus. Her pulse and blood pressure is very low. Her speech is very slurred, and she was rolling back her eyes. She's 89. Please keep her in your prayers. I'm heading over there now. :angel:

She's stable and okay. Doc thinks her low reading of electrolytes might have triggered the episode. I'll check back in a couple of hours. They're going to do a chest x-ray and insert a cathader. Her pulse was 125 when I walked into the room. Her face lit up and she smiled! She told the doc, "I know this man!" :wub:

Thanks, guys.

post-4913-1228681057_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1228681057_thumb.jpg

She's stable and okay. Doc thinks her low reading of electrolytes might have triggered the episode. I'll check back in a couple of hours. They're going to do a chest x-ray and insert a cathader. Her pulse was 125 when I walked into the room. Her face lit up and she smiled! She told the doc, "I know this man!" :wub:

Thanks, guys.

I'm glad your mum is doing better. :happy feet:

Thanks, guys. I'm prepared for her passing. Her quality of life is very low. She's tired and wants to "go home." It's very difficult visiting her every week, knowing she's wheelchair bound and can remember almost nothing. But as long as she smiles when I visit - I'm happy.

I remember back in '85, I had a black Mustang GT hatch. I was giving her a ride up to our place for a holiday. My daughter was in the back seat. Mom was chatting away. Traffic on the four lane was light. I ran it up to about 100. Mom got silent! After a few minutes of that, I lifted and dropped back down to 60. Mom says to my daughter, "Oh, Vicky, look! We can see the trees again!" :hysterical:

Thanks, guys. I'm prepared for her passing. Her quality of life is very low. She's tired and wants to "go home." It's very difficult visiting her every week, knowing she's wheelchair bound and can remember almost nothing. But as long as she smiles when I visit - I'm happy.

I remember back in '85, I had a black Mustang GT hatch. I was giving her a ride up to our place for a holiday. My daughter was in the back seat. Mom was chatting away. Traffic on the four lane was light. I ran it up to about 100. Mom got silent! After a few minutes of that, I lifted and dropped back down to 60. Mom says to my daughter, "Oh, Vicky, look! We can see the trees again!" :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

:hysterical:

Great story! Those are the ones that will live on and bring a smile to your face every time you think of it.

Glad everything checked out.

Today, in the ER, I walk in and the doc is by her side. She looked awful. Hooked up to some machines and pale. When she saw me, like I said, she lit up. She kept telling the doc I was her son and wasn't I "a good looking" man!

Well she went on and on and the doc finally said, "what's wrong with Me?"

She stares him down and says "Well, you're not very good looking!" Then winks at me!

Doc cracks up! :happy feet:

Thanks for letting me hijack this thread. Ruf is doing his best to be The Rock. Just got a call from my wife who's in the ER with mom. Things are turning worse. Sorry for putting this out here - but you all are my family. Mom has a urinary tract infection and they're having a difficult time starting a UV.

Archived