TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Maybe we should be reading between the lines?

Nuclear or Bioterror Attack on U.S. Likely by 2013, Panel Warns

Fox News clicky

Terrorists are likely to attack the United States using nuclear or biological weapons before 2013, according to a report released by a bipartisan commission.

Vice President-elect Joe Biden was briefed on the panel's study on Tuesday. Among other things, the report suggests that the incoming Obama administration shore up its counterterrorism efforts to fight against germ warfare.

"Our margin of safety is shrinking, not growing," states the report, a copy of which was obtained by FOX News. It is scheduled to be publicly released Wednesday.

Pentagon to Detail Troops to Bolster Domestic Security

Washington Post clicky

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

The long-planned shift in the Defense Department's role in homeland security was recently backed with funding and troop commitments after years of prodding by Congress and outside experts, defense analysts said.

There are critics of the change, in the military and among civil liberties groups and libertarians who express concern that the new homeland emphasis threatens to strain the military and possibly undermine the Posse Comitatus Act, a 130-year-old federal law restricting the military's role in domestic law enforcement.

Will the World End in 2012?

ABC news clicky

"a polar reversal will cause the north to become the south and the sun to rise in the west. Shattering earthquakes, massive tidal waves and simultaneous volcanic eruptions will follow. Nuclear reactors will melt, buildings will crumble, and a cloud of volcanic dust will block out the sun for 40 years. Only the prepared will survive, Geryl said, and not even all of them."

Conspiracy and Doomsday theories are fun! Got ammo??

Will the World End in 2012?

ABC news clicky

"a polar reversal will cause the north to become the south and the sun to rise in the west. Shattering earthquakes, massive tidal waves and simultaneous volcanic eruptions will follow. Nuclear reactors will melt, buildings will crumble, and a cloud of volcanic dust will block out the sun for 40 years. Only the prepared will survive, Geryl said, and not even all of them."

Conspiracy and Doomsday theories are fun! Got ammo??

I have plenty of ammo!

In all seriousness, while I am doubtful that all of those things would follow a polar reversal, an actual reversal of the magnetic poles is a reality, and has happened before. They have done core samples in some of the deeper oceanic rifts that showed that the direction of magnetic metals in the rock had reversed in one direction or the other during the life span of the planet. Now, I didn't read if whether one of the reversals had taken place during our recorded history here on earth, so who knows what would happen? Whatever, either way we have no control over what this planet does or does not do, and for us to think we do is pretty stupid.

*EDIT*

Note, I don't believe in the apocalypse or doomsday or end of days, that crap is retarded.

:runaway: "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!" :runaway:

I have plenty of ammo!

In all seriousness, while I am doubtful that all of those things would follow a polar reversal, an actual reversal of the magnetic poles is a reality, and has happened before. They have done core samples in some of the deeper oceanic rifts that showed that the direction of magnetic metals in the rock had reversed in one direction or the other during the life span of the planet. Now, I didn't read if whether one of the reversals had taken place during our recorded history here on earth, so who knows what would happen? Whatever, either way we have no control over what this planet does or does not do, and for us to think we do is pretty stupid.

*EDIT*

Note, I don't believe in the apocalypse or doomsday or end of days, that crap is retarded.

Yeah there are pole reversals but it is undecided if the reversals come with a whimper or a bang. You know the scientific community can never agree on anything.

As a matter of fact - North pole moving 25 miles a year

Archived