TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GLHS unable to get some love.

black86glhs

That looks like a great deal. Is the selling price really only $4500.00?

Live up north and no one here really has any money. Up here new cars sell for invoice, including the SRT 8 Challenger. So $4,500 is a lot for many. What's the car worth? I would say it should be worth $6,500, because it needs some clean up and a little finishing. Under hood I would add the AC back on it and redo the head liner. Then some wax and shampoo. Otherwise the car is about a #7 right now. Most I see are a 1-2 range though, this one was very nice before it got painted and I have photos.

Well, it is a piece of crap. But, that doesn't mean it isn't quick, responsive and fun to drive! Actually, the initial press regarding the GLHS's was very positive. I've also read many mostly enthusiastic references to the S cars over the years as well. Their speed and capabilities cannot be denied, but their econobox roots are also tough to ignore.

You can see pics of SWB's GLHS in the January 2009 issue of MuscleCar Enthusiast magazine. Page 22 has a great photo of it with a Shelby Cobra in the background at the Terlingua event earlier this year.

SWB's GLHS also made it into the latest Shelby Annual magazine also on the newstands right now.

Get them while you can as there is a rumor that a certain 1987 GLHS is going to try and take away the press lead from SWB this January in Vegas. Will SWB hold onto his title or will this newcomer take the crown away?

January 8th-11th is fast approaching. :shift:

Steve

You can see pics of SWB's GLHS in the January 2009 issue of MuscleCar Enthusiast magazine. Page 22 has a great photo of it with a Shelby Cobra in the background at the Terlingua event earlier this year.

SWB's GLHS also made it into the latest Shelby Annual magazine also on the newstands right now.

Get them while you can as there is a rumor that a certain 1987 GLHS is going to try and take away the press lead from SWB this January in Vegas. Will SWB hold onto his title or will this newcomer take the crown away?

January 8th-11th is fast approaching. :shift:

Steve

I'm giving that infamous red GLHS a wide berth :lurk:

Live up north and no one here really has any money. Up here new cars sell for invoice, including the SRT 8 Challenger. So $4,500 is a lot for many. What's the car worth? I would say it should be worth $6,500, because it needs some clean up and a little finishing. Under hood I would add the AC back on it and redo the head liner. Then some wax and shampoo. Otherwise the car is about a #7 right now. Most I see are a 1-2 range though, this one was very nice before it got painted and I have photos.
1-2 range.....Sounds like my car! :rip: Ok, maybe not quite that bad considering its spent its whole life in NE Ohio. :cold:

1-2 range.....Sounds like my car! :rip: Ok, maybe not quite that bad considering its spent its whole life in NE Ohio. :cold:

it is 0 degrees and this week I got 3' of snow in one day. Back east in the rust belt it is hard to find one that's solid. This car has over 100,000 and has no rust. I love the west coast SDs

Archived