TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tires

sireal66

I need some advice on new tires for my 2007 GT H Vert, I want to keep the stock look as much as possible, but want wider tires. I have the 18 in painted alum wheels (does anyone know how wide the rimes are?)

Also I don’t want to break the bank, Tire Rack has the stock tires, 235/50/18 BF Goodrich G Force T/A KDWS for $89 each (closeout) plus shipping. I am also considering Goodrich G Force Super Sport A/S 255/45/18 front @$175 and 275/40/18 rear @$169. I am not even sure if this combo would work.

Tire Rack ranks G Force T/A 17 out of 22 tires and G Force Super Sport 3 of 22, in the Ultra High Performance All-Season category.

Since I plan on only driving in good weather I am not sure that the extra cost about $330 is warranted.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated

Rich

I need some advice on new tires for my 2007 GT H Vert, I want to keep the stock look as much as possible, but want wider tires. I have the 18 in painted alum wheels (does anyone know how wide the rimes are?)

Also I don’t want to break the bank, Tire Rack has the stock tires, 235/50/18 BF Goodrich G Force T/A KDWS for $89 each (closeout) plus shipping. I am also considering Goodrich G Force Super Sport A/S 255/45/18 front @$175 and 275/40/18 rear @$169. I am not even sure if this combo would work.

Tire Rack ranks G Force T/A 17 out of 22 tires and G Force Super Sport 3 of 22, in the Ultra High Performance All-Season category.

Since I plan on only driving in good weather I am not sure that the extra cost about $330 is warranted.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated

Rich

I went with Goodyear Eagle F-1 255/35ZR20 on my 07 GT H Vert. $223.00 each. they are on 20x9 Shelby Black Razors. I think the stock wheels are 8 inches wide. I have had no problems with the tires rubbing with this combo. They handle very well, very little difference in the ride from stock setup. I don't think you will have any problem with your choices,but I would check with Tire Rack just to make sure they will fit. Bobpost-10786-1228194259_thumb.jpg

post-10786-1228194259_thumb.jpg

I went with Goodyear Eagle F-1 255/35ZR20 on my 07 GT H Vert. $223.00 each. they are on 20x9 Shelby Black Razors. I think the stock wheels are 8 inches wide. I have had no problems with the tires rubbing with this combo. They handle very well, very little difference in the ride from stock setup. I don't think you will have any problem with your choices,but I would check with Tire Rack just to make sure they will fit. Bobpost-10786-1228194259_thumb.jpg

Bob I agree with Harald, the Black Razors look awesome.

Did you have to make any modifications to the speedometer or any problems with the ABS system.when you went up to 20 inches?

Bob I agree with Harald, the Black Razors look awesome.

Did you have to make any modifications to the speedometer or any problems with the ABS system.when you went up to 20 inches?

I have never had the spedo checked, I think the diameter is close to the stock wheels and tires because the 20's tires are so short. My Ford dealer did not think it would affect the ABS. I did have the dealer reset the tire pressure sensors, because I bought new sensors.

Bob

Archived