TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Memories at the Greasy Spoon

When I was a police officer I used to go to the local restuarant almost every week day morning when it opened. I got to know the head cook/manager very well. He was a always laughing and in a good mood. He was about 5'6" and 220lbs, beard with a long mustache, always wore a white T-shirt and pants. The T-shirt was stained from the grease from cooking the greasy breakfasts. I went there with usually with a deputy and a state trooper in the morning at the end of my shift (3rd).

One morning the cook was coming into work and he pulled up beside me while I was at the corner making a right hand turn. He held his brake and revved his motor. I saw his car shaking back and forth as the big white, 4door, boat he was driving, Pontiac Catalina, was ready to race. I then revved my engine in the patrol car.

We were both at the stop sign a couple of buildings down from the restuarant. Suprisingly he flooored it making a right hand turn in front of me as the smoke rolled from the wheel wells. I activated my lights and pulled up behind him. The look on his face was priceless as he got out of the car. I looked around to see if anyone was around to see this, nope the coast was clear. We walked together inside the restaurant and he laughed and said," You scared the crap out of me, I thought you were going to give me a ticket". I said dude your going to get me in trouble.

I guess the reason why I thought of this was because I was reading GT500 reactions. Good stories.

Do you still live in the same town that you can make periodic visits?

Do not live there any more. I live about 40 miles south. The cook and I left that city within I week of each other for other jobs.

Archived