TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Car

GT500_KR

Hey

I just want to ask some questions about the car.

I know the car needs to be a Mustang V6 model, but does it matter what it has on it, options wise? Also, what colors can it be? And what years?

Are the Terlingua Mustangs meant mainly for girls? There are a lot of "Terlingua for my daughter" topics on here.

And how much does it cost all together, for the package and everything, also, where can I get the conversion done somewhere closer to Missouri instead of taking it all the way to Vegas?

Any 2005-2009 Mustang coupe (hardtop) in the color of your choice is acceptable. You can supply the car in either an automatic or manual transmission.

To date, there have been 1 yellow, 1 orange and 1 white one built. All of the rest are black.

The car isn't gender specific. It was designed to pounce on short road course tracks. And, since it's based on the V6 Mustang, it's often coined as the "entry-level" Shelby.

The car is only available through Tasca in Rhode Island or Quantum in Dallas. They are currently not being build in Vegas. You can download the brochure here.

Hey

I just want to ask some questions about the car.

I know the car needs to be a Mustang V6 model, but does it matter what it has on it, options wise? Also, what colors can it be? And what years?

Are the Terlingua Mustangs meant mainly for girls? There are a lot of "Terlingua for my daughter" topics on here.

And how much does it cost all together, for the package and everything, also, where can I get the conversion done somewhere closer to Missouri instead of taking it all the way to Vegas?

:hysterical::hysterical: There are exactly "ONE" threads (sic) on here with that topic; mine. And my daughter wants to learn to drive on track just like dad does. There is one other member who is getting one for his SON. Other than that, we've got a national park ranger, an oil & gas guy (with a penchant for somewhat aggressive driving, lol) and our own Sharon. I'm sure I've missed somebody, but you get the idea. This car has a very wide appeal. In fact on Open Track weekends I may be asking my daughter if "I can borrow HER car?" instead of the other way around :shift::baby:

This is a great car for relatively low-speed, technical race tracks or for autocross for that matter (much better in fact than the GT500 out of the box). Being about the same price point as a regular mustang gt, the base car is also perfect for an entry level or beginner's car.

As far as options, I don't know of any that are required or prohibited. It depends a bit on your intended use. For instance, a car that will see mostly track duty may wish not to have the ABS, but one intended mainly for street use probably would want ABS.

As for the price, Robert posted an updated brochure in this forum just recently which you can download.

<edit> I knew I forgot somebody! Bill Neale picked his up at the Terlingua event :bowdown:

Hmm, a white one, that would look cool, andyone have pics of it?

Also, thank you very much for the information that you guys gave me, you are really helpful!

EDIT_Sorry for the double post, my browser was being weird.

We have the 07 Grabber Orange one (#TRT0304) that will be converted by Tasca this winter (JAN/FEB). Going with just the base package. It will be used mainly by my 16 yr old son.

It's optioned with an auto (he had back surgery last yr and now has a partially fused spine with 2 12" rods in his back--so no clutch). It's mostly for street use, so it has the "safety pack" with ABS and TCS, leather seats, and aftemarket seat warmers.

Summit Point Motors Park is close by so he will be using the Terlingua in an advanced teen driver course at the track in the spring.

That way he can learn the cars, and his, limits in a safe, controlled environment.

We have the 07 Grabber Orange one (#TRT0304) that will be converted by Tasca this winter (JAN/FEB). Going with just the base package. It will be used mainly by my 16 yr old son.

It's optioned with an auto (he had back surgery last yr and now has a partially fused spine with 2 12" rods in his back--so no clutch). It's mostly for street use, so it has the "safety pack" with ABS and TCS, leather seats, and aftemarket seat warmers.

Summit Point Motors Park is close by so he will be using the Terlingua in an advanced teen driver course at the track in the spring.

That way he can learn the cars, and his, limits in a safe, controlled environment.

Dang, Im sorry about the surgery, wow, that is a pretty bad one, what happened for him to have such a surgery, if you don't mind my asking? :cry:

Dang, Im sorry about the surgery, wow, that is a pretty bad one, what happened for him to have such a surgery, if you don't mind my asking? :cry:

In his case, it was just bad luck to be born with scoliosis, that was first detected about 2 yrs ago. At the time of his surgery, the major curve in his spine was over a 55 degree bend and the two "minor" ones on either end were past 30 degrees. The surgery took over 10 hours and he gained 2" in length that day alone. He is doing okay a year later now, but still has frequent back pain issues. He continues to grow and straighten out with his height pushing past 6' 2", and now I have to look up at him seeing as I'm just 6' 1.5".

Other than that, we've got a national park ranger, an oil & gas guy (with a penchant for somewhat aggressive driving, lol)

:hysterical: Somewhat aggressive driving...HA!

My daughter is going to inherit my Terlingua when she turns 16...if there's anything left of it by then. She's got 16 years to wait now.

Archived