TEAM SHELBY FORUM

End of the road

kraegar

Hey all! Been a long time.

Wanted to stop in and post to let you all know I've sold my Mustang. Was a hard, hard thing to do, but practicality had to win out eventually. With a family of 5, the 4 seater just didn't make sense. With another winter of heavy snow upon us, the decision to let it go became obvious.

I ended up with a f150 supercrew, can easily seat my whole family. Got a really good deal on it, too.

I want to thank Ruf, especially, for the Bassani's. I never put on the duals, but even the single was awesome! Everyone knew my car when it was coming, it really set it apart. So thanks again Ruf, those gave me nearly two years of enjoyment.

On that note, I'm having them pull the bassani off of it, and put the stock back on. If anyone here wants them, all it'll cost is shipping, same deal I got. (unless Ruf wants them back, of course!)

Hope everyone here is doing well.

- Tony

Tony,

It's good to hear from you and I can understand your situation. I had a house full of kids once too and we had a van to haul them around in. Another Mustang will come your way later in life...I'm sure. :)

Please keep in touch with us and remember it's not a requirement to have a Mustang to hang here.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Rob

Hey, Stranger!

Glad to hear about the truck! Enjoy. :happy feet:

Just because you sold your Stang doesn't mean you can't hang out with us now and then!

I'm happy I was able to help you with the Bassanis - my pleasure, my brother. :happy feet:

Ruf

Hey, Stranger!

Glad to hear about the truck! Enjoy. :happy feet:

Just because you sold your Stang doesn't mean you can't hang out with us now and then!

I'm happy I was able to help you with the Bassanis - my pleasure, my brother. :happy feet:

Ruf

Thanks guys, and love the pic in your sig, Ruf!

Those trucks are real nice. Did you say the Bassani's are dual?

Yeah, pair of bassani's. Ruf would know the specifics. I've only been using the single, never got around to the dual conversion. Don't think the sound changed much on it, though. Just needs polished some.

- Tony

Ah, alright. I'll have to look and see how much everything else is.

EDIT - If he PM'd you already, it's fine. I'm not gonna fight him for them.

From what I saw, doing true duals was about $600 in parts & pieces and labor on top of the mufflers. That's not counting the rear bumper cover, which you either need to trim or replace with one from a GT. The easiest route to put duals on a v6 is to go with the magnaflow system. Pretty plug and play.

I opted out of it because it sounded unbalanced on the one I heard in person. I heard with care & some tuning you can eliminate that, but it took a lot of trial & error, and I didn't have that kind of skill or the money to have someone else do it.

That being said, a single bassani muffler on the v6 sounded really good. To the point that my wife wants me to look into a bassani for the f150. Not a real deep sound, but that's hard to get on a v6 without doing cams or something.

The 4.0 collective is a great site for all kinds of info on the v6, and they have some awesome write-ups on exhausts, sound clips & dual conversions.

- Tony

Thanks for the info. I've actually been looking into the Ford Racing V6 Duals. I'll most likely go with this setup.

This kit? Looks good to me! http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9910

I've heard the single ford racing muffler was very good sounding. The duals with an x-pipe would be great. Not a horrible price for the whole setup, either. Could check the collective (www.mustangcollective.com) to see if anyone there has a sound clip of it.

- Tony

This kit? Looks good to me! http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9910

I've heard the single ford racing muffler was very good sounding. The duals with an x-pipe would be great. Not a horrible price for the whole setup, either. Could check the collective (www.mustangcollective.com) to see if anyone there has a sound clip of it.

- Tony

That's the one. Someone from the Mustang Forums did a test, to see which exhaust sounded best to the forum members, without actually revealing what they were. That one sounded the best to me.

Ya gotta do whats best for you! good luck! :shift:

I have the FRPP duals on my V6 convertible. Remember that YouTube dumbs down the sound a bit:

single GT takeoff muffler road test

single GT takeoff muffler dyno test

FRPP dual exhaust part 0ne (after the drags)

FRPP dual exhaust part 2

The FRPP M-5230-GTA mufflers were a bit too loud for me, although the sound was delicious, so I replaced them with GT original takeoffs, available for cheap. Same good sound but muffled (imagine!).

Put the GTAs on the GT/CS coupe; ever-so-slightly louder than stock, good but non-obtrusive inside:

MOV file, much better production values, is here:

http://www.fototime.com/2A729CBE293DB11/orig.mov

Archived