TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thanksgiving humor

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music, and anything else he could think of to clean up the bird’s vocabulary, but nothing worked.

Finally, John got so fed up he yelled at the parrot, and the parrot yelled back at him. John shook the parrot but it just became angrier and even ruder towards him. In desperation, John grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For several minutes the parrot squawked, kicked, and screamed; then suddenly went completely quiet; John did not hear a peep out of the bird for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the freezer door and the parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arm and said "I believe that I may have offended you with my rude language and actions." "I am sincerely sorry and remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude, and just as he was about to ask the parrot what had caused such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued... "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Archived