TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On order, but no car yet?

Alloy Dave

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new to the forum (look at my post....this is post #1). I found all of you back in Sept. and have been lurking in the shadows since then. I feel like I know you guys. I have laughed and cried with you (Had a dream by SCGT 500 had tears rolling down my face). I decided it was time to come out of the shadows and let you all know I DON'T HAVE MY CAR YET! I don't have a vin # and I don't have a date of any kind!! I ordered it on August 1st. Man, they were real quick to take my $$$$. Told me when I ordered it would be 12 to 14 weeks until I get it. Here we are almost in 2007 and no clue as to when I might get it. :cry:

Alloy Vert w/Premium Interior.

I am new to the forum (look at my post....this is post #1). I found all of you back in Sept. and have been lurking in the shadows since then. I feel like I know you guys. I have laughed and cried with you (Had a dream by SCGT 500 had tears rolling down my face). I decided it was time to come out of the shadows and let you all know I DON'T HAVE MY CAR YET! I don't have a vin # and I don't have a date of any kind!! I ordered it on August 1st. Man, they were real quick to take my $$$$. Told me when I ordered it would be 12 to 14 weeks until I get it. Here we are almost in 2007 and no clue as to when I might get it. :cry:

Welcome Alloy. It appears you need no orientation. Hang in there. I ordered mine in April and my car is somewhere in transit.

Dave

Welcome AlloyVert,

Glad you joined up with us. What quarter did the dealer tell you that your car would be built. They can find out from the zone rep. It is not a mystery. Someone just needs to do there job. Did you get your deal in writing. I am sure you did, I just don't want it to fall thru like some did. Stick around and have some fun with us and learn a little about the cars we all love.

Our Vista Blue with White Stripes was ordered Mid June.

Built 11/27/06 week

Expected any day now......................................

Sorry, a private moment! :-)

We are ready for the call.

My husband has the whole week off so he is ready to fly!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I may need to check the limit on my gas cards..........................

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have it in writing, however they didn't even tell me what quarter it would be built. How do I find out who the zone rep is? The dealer seems to be more interested in trying to sell cars rather than spend time on cars that they have sold. I really can't blame them, but if they would just throw me a crumb every once in a while I would feel a lot better. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get my order #, dealer code, and body style # in order to get some information from Ford CS. They never have enough info for me! According to them, my car is on material hold. So I hang out with all of you, reading what a fun time I will have once I get it and know that until I do, I am not alone with the waiting game. Thanks to all of you who post. I do believe it helps with this painful waiting game.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have it in writing, however they didn't even tell me what quarter it would be built. How do I find out who the zone rep is? The dealer seems to be more interested in trying to sell cars rather than spend time on cars that they have sold. I really can't blame them, but if they would just throw me a crumb every once in a while I would feel a lot better. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get my order #, dealer code, and body style # in order to get some information from Ford CS. They never have enough info for me! According to them, my car is on material hold. So I hang out with all of you, reading what a fun time I will have once I get it and know that until I do, I am not alone with the waiting game. Thanks to all of you who post. I do believe it helps with this painful waiting game.

AlloyVert,

You have PSDS. I am sorry. You need meds. :tequila:

Talk to your dealer again and find out if you are a Q1 build.

Aske them how many Shelby's they are alloted, and what number yours is.

If they are getting 4 and you are #4 they should tell you. Keep on them.

I will see if I can get that info out of the dealer. Most of my communication is done via email so I can have it documented. Thanks for the encouragement to be assertive. I was suspicious of having the symptoms of PSDS but was waiting on a diagnosis. Now that it has been confirmed, I do feel better. You know, the not knowing is worse than getting the diagnosis. At least now it has a name. What is the recommended treatment? I have been trying to self medicate. I hang out here with all of you (which helps a lot) and I have purchased the following (for a car I don’t even have!!) key chain, car cover, dash plate signed by Carroll Shelby, and personalized license plates. Oh my…I think I have it bad.

I will see if I can get that info out of the dealer. Most of my communication is done via email so I can have it documented. Thanks for the encouragement to be assertive. I was suspicious of having the symptoms of PSDS but was waiting on a diagnosis. Now that it has been confirmed, I do feel better. You know, the not knowing is worse than getting the diagnosis. At least now it has a name. What is the recommended treatment? I have been trying to self medicate. I hang out here with all of you (which helps a lot) and I have purchased the following (for a car I don’t even have!!) key chain, car cover, dash plate signed by Carroll Shelby, and personalized license plates. Oh my…I think I have it bad.

You do have it bad. The things you are doing are the only things known to man so far. BTW do not talk too much Shelby stuff with the wifey, you do not want to come across too sick. Hold it in. :hysterical:

Don't have a wifey to talk with about it. I have a boyfriend and he is real supportive! Yep, I'm a girl. Does that change the diagnosis?

No, It just gives us all another hope of getting more pool shots. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Shelgirl is not playing along.

Tammy is not putting out.

Co-Pilot is holding out.

Tanabanana (my wifey) says I am in the dog house. :hysterical2:

No, It just gives us all another hope of getting more pool shots. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Shelgirl is not playing along.

Tammy is not putting out.

Co-Pilot is holding out.

Tanabanana (my wifey) says I am in the dog house. :hysterical2:

I don't think you are allowed to be in the dog house this close to Christmas!! I'm sure you are going to receive your get out of jail pass soon :hyper:

Don't have a wifey to talk with about it. I have a boyfriend and he is real supportive! Yep, I'm a girl. Does that change the diagnosis?

I have to ask, if you have PSDS and then get hit with that other girl problem, what happens. Is it like a time bomb. :ohsnap:

Archived