TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On order, but no car yet?

Alloy Dave

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your change has been the only one...and a minor one at that. But here it is.

Dave

Dave,

You can take me off the list. Car was purchased 1/20/07. I have opted to have it shipped out to me since the day I arrived in New York to look at her, they got a foot of snow. Look forward to it's arrival in Indianapolis sometime in the next week.

Kevin (aka 69deluxe)

Dave,

You can take me off the list. Car was purchased 1/20/07. I have opted to have it shipped out to me since the day I arrived in New York to look at her, they got a foot of snow. Look forward to it's arrival in Indianapolis sometime in the next week.

Kevin (aka 69deluxe)

Kevin(69deluxe) Are you getting your car from Hamilton,NY??????

We went to look at it today--its a beauty!!!!!

we knew they had sold it to someone in Indianapolis---but i never knew if the person was on this site or not.

They are a nice family run business.

Told us it was at sticker.....

We live here.

We have an Orange/white coupe on order from another local dealer

still waiting--material hold--

It really relieved PSDS a little to look at yours

Maybe it will hold us for awhile.

Yes--we have alot of snow here!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!

Judy

Dave,

Kevin (aka 69deluxe)

Congrats 69! I live just south of Indy...Columbus. There are about 5 of us near Indy...stay in touch.

P.S. I added your delivery date to the list...it will show up on the next update.

Dave

John - MrFarmdog - Sept 19 - VistaBlue/Tungsten Vert

First order was 7/28 from Jones Motor Company, Savannah TN - Cancelled because the dealership treated me so bad. Second order from Sunset Ford on 9/19 outside of St Louis. Changed my order again on 10/11 to add Shaker 1000. So far the experience has been great other than being on MATHOLD. Thanks to LSR for his help locating Sunset Ford! It is great to be treated decent.

PS - I will add strips over the hood and deck lid on mine!

Not sure if you are capturing other dates on the list or not but I got my VIN on 1/22 with sub to plant on 2/12. Looks like I am on my way!

Not sure if you are capturing other dates on the list or not but I got my VIN on 1/22 with sub to plant on 2/12. Looks like I am on my way!

You are on your way now.

Question: Do you mean that you are scheduled for 2/12 ? At some point you will become "sub to plant" but that date has not come yet. As you know after sub to plant, you will get a good Bucking (Bucked). :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You'd have to ask Ford, we don't know why...just that it is. I can only speculate. Perhaps the numbers are sequenced in the order they are received by Ford rather than built? Perhaps they have "blocks" of numbers that are sequenced, but when that "block" is used up, they go to another block that may not be after the previous block.

I worked at a plant that made engine blocks. The block serial numbers were entered into a system sequentially, but there were different variations of the block. It was more efficient to build the blocks in groups of the same process, so the serial numbers didn't come out sequentially. In addition, sometimes customer orders were changed between the entry time and the time they were produced. Let me give an example.

Let's say we built two types of blocks...one type was small bore and one was big bore. Since they went down the same assembly line, the serial numbers in the SYSTEM (not on the physical line) were sequential. So let's say customer A ordered 100 engines which were a combination of 40 small bore and 60 big bore. The SYSTEM would assign whichever ones were entered first (for this case, let's assume it was the small bore), so the small bore S/N would be 1000001 through 1000040, and the big bore would be 1000041 through 1000100. Then let's say customer B ordered 80 engines, 30 of which were small bore and 50 big bore. These were entered, and the small bore were assigned S/N 1000101 through 1000130 while the big bores were assigned 1000131 through 1000180. Let's say these were entered into the system on Monday Jan 2nd, 2007. Due to requirements of the MES (Manufacturing Execution System - a computer system which prioritizes how items are built based on parts availability, efficient lot sizes, and other such things), let's say the plant was instructed to run 22 small bore products first, followed by 56 big bore, then back to 48 small bore followed by 54 big bore. Therefore, the 23rd engine built would have serial number 1000041.

Can you see, by this example, how it's possible that a product with a high serial number can be built prior to one with a low serial number?

I keep trying to stress to people how complex manufacturing processes are, but many people want to oversimplify it. I left out other complications. For example, using the above info, let's say customer B calls you and says "we changed our minds, we only need 42 big bore, not 50". Then, in our case, we would temporarily cancel the 8 unnecessary big bores. Those 8 serial numbers would be available for use at a later date...thus they would have lower serial numbers than other products, but would be built AFTER the higher serial numbers.

I made up much of the above to prove a point...but hopefully people can get an appreciation for the complexity of some of these things. In my MBA program, operations was one of the most difficult courses I had...along with advanced linear math (statistics).

Now, I need to do something mindless. :hysterical:

Edit: here is an updated list.

post-3382-1169009026_thumb.jpg

Dave

Dave,

I thought I had responded to this quest for info months ago. My name/car info isn't on the list.

Ordered APR06

red/silver coupe

not yet delivered

NON SVT/PA

BTW-Grabber has his car. I think he is forty something on the list.

Dallas

Hay Aloy Dave

I want to be listed.

Aonebadbone

Art

Ordered 06/13/06

Delivered 09/18/06

Red/white

Coupe

Pa dealer

1000 miles :hyper: :hyper:

Dave-----I just realized somehow i must have missed this list.

Please add-----

Jbahoffman-------JUDY

Ordered march 13,2006

Orange/white coupe

non svt/non pres

Thank you!

Updated list. Please can you all see if there are people who are on the list that have received their cars and have not informed me?

Rob, I guessed on your exact date...I was lazy. :hysterical2:

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: TTB, you are on the list...not sure how you want me to categorize you given the issues you've had. I'll gladly mark you however you like.

post-3382-1173669797_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1173669797_thumb.jpg

Got it. You'll be on the next time I publish. Looks like yours will arrive relatively soon!

Dave

Well Dave I have also missed the boat! I guess you can add me the the dreaded list.

GTorSSguy, Randy, Jan., Alloy/Satin Silver, Coupe. Hope to be removed very soon! Thanks. :shrug:

Updated list. Please can you all see if there are people who are on the list that have received their cars and have not informed me?

Rob, I guessed on your exact date...I was lazy. :hysterical2:

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: TTB, you are on the list...not sure how you want me to categorize you given the issues you've had. I'll gladly mark you however you like.

Dave,

Could you add me to the list also? Thanks...

Nichostu

Stuart

Ordered 10/18/06

Delivered 12/04/06

Red/white

Coupe

PA Dealer

Add me too

Joe

Orderd 5/06

Red/White

Non SVT/PA dealer

not recieved - Build date 3/26/07

Thanks - appreciate the effort

Hard to believe you ordered your car last May and it is scheduled for production the same day as mine and I ordered it less than a month ago?

Mark

Cape Coral,Florida

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 (1ZVHT885275329484)

Scheduled for production 032607

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

Archived