TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Conversion Kits

GT500_KR

well, except the gt has a 4.6 and the GT500 has a 5.4 and it wont be a real SHELBY, or a real GT500. However if you just want it to look like a GT500 then yes you can. People maybe wont even mind as long as you dont try to pass it as a REAL one.

What Chris said about where to get the parts and the end result not being a real Shelby is correct. If you want to see a thread where a regular Mustang GT was converted into a GT 500 clone at a dealership, here is the thread. Go to post #4.

Jim

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...2&hl=clones

I've done it.

Got my hood from a member who did the Super Snake conversion. I got the rear spoiler from 3D Carbon. I left the rear bumper cover stock GT.

The front end came from Kevin Casey at Cleavenger Ford in Porterville CA. He had the best price and most complete kit. It included all the fastners and was $1625.

I bought the GT500 spec tape stripes from Graphics Express in Antique (almost Wimbelton) white. My car is Legend Lime and has no Snake or Shelby badging.

With the FRPP HO Whipple kit, I've got the stones to back up the look.

Michael

There is someone on ebay right now selling "kits" which basically consist of over the counter Ford parts. I think the seller is a dealership but am not sure.

Not really a fan of this since the seller is also including the Shelby letters and snake emblems but since these parts are available to anyone over the counter I guess its buyer beware when purchasing a used GT500 down the road.

Steve

There is someone on ebay right now selling "kits" which basically consist of over the counter Ford parts. I think the seller is a dealership but am not sure.

Not really a fan of this since the seller is also including the Shelby letters and snake emblems but since these parts are available to anyone over the counter I guess its buyer beware when purchasing a used GT500 down the road.

Steve

The Ebay guy has a lot of dissatisfied customers and his prices are higher.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve

Thats the main problem I see in the future (5-15 years from now), The GT 500 since it comes from ford, makes it harder to verify if its a factory GT 500.

This a reason I think the market will hold more steady for SAI & Mod shops, SGT, KR, SS, 40th, Terlin,etc. They have a registry

Thats the main problem I see in the future (5-15 years from now), The GT 500 since it comes from ford, makes it harder to verify if its a factory GT 500.

This a reason I think the market will hold more steady for SAI & Mod shops, SGT, KR, SS, 40th, Terlin,etc. They have a registry

Hey, it is easy to tell if it is a real GT 500, all you have to do is look at the VIN, if it is a real GT500, the first eight characters will be 1ZVHT89S if it is a convertible, 1ZVHT88S if it is a coupe. It's not rocket science.

Hey, it is easy to tell if it is a real GT 500, all you have to do is look at the VIN, if it is a real GT500, the first eight characters will be 1ZVHT89S if it is a convertible, 1ZVHT88S if it is a coupe. It's not rocket science.

That's good to know! I hope there is a book out there that can decode the VIN's. I like the 1st gen, it was easier to decode than these 17 digit ones.

Thanks for thr info, something to look at if you are in the market for a GT 500

That came out Sweet!

Thanks allot SGT-C0056, I really appreciate the kind words.

I bought the car new back in 05 and just sold it a few months back to get the GT500 you see in my sig. The GT had just turned 30,000 miles and it was flawless....I think it's safe to say that even after 4 years, it's exterior was in even better condition than the GT500, only because the GT500 is an 08 and had been sitting around on the floor for several months with every Tom, Dick & Harry touching it...and then you had the cleaning guy that just walks around with some spray bottle and a rag wiping the dust off the cars...can you say scratch...LOL!!

The one thing I wish Shelby would have done is offer the GT500 in Redfire Clearcoat (G2). I truly miss having that color.

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8947.jpg

Archived