TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unexpected News

KCMO-GT500

Well, for those who actually read my rants, etc, you know I have been one of the PSDS team, trying to be happy for those getting their shelbys, while resigning myself to a spring or early summer delivery. I actually convinced myself that waiting was best, since winter was coming, and also the job2 builds were to get an upgraded suspension.

NOW...........TO HELL WITH THAT!!!!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader: :happy feet: :happy feet:

my shelby is being built in November; no details yet, but at least the zone rep has called my small town dealer to let him know. Just got the call, actually a voicemail, from my dealer. Boy, wouldn't it be a great Christmas present to have it show up around mid december. Trying not to get my hopes up too high on that. White with blue striping, only option is interior upgrade. Can't wait to start the mod process, already have a long list of performance and appearance upgrades I am considering. Goal is to add around 100 hp at the rear wheel. From the experience of others, that is a reasonable goal while retaining reliability.

Now for the other issue; in a couple of weeks I will have final word on whether I can get another shelby, with an adm, but not too bad, in late spring or early summer timeframe. Might even be early 08 model. I just won't know until early Nov. I don't think my wife wants her own shelby, so will probably offer it to someone here. If you or someone you know wants to get one, and doesn't mind paying a small adm, let me know. I really don't want to join the ebay crowd, and I don't want to profit at all from it.

Now, the celebration begins. Wifey will definitely know something is up when she sees the big grin on my face.

woohoo_big.gif 1159999964983.gif

woohoo_big.gif

1159999964983.gif

Congrats to you first of all.

2nd you are a good man for offering up #2 at your cost. I would be interested but likely can't as I want to trade in my 05 as part of the down payment. If I can do that and still get a vert ordered I would probably jump at it. I am based in Indy, IN and am on a few lists locally here and a few not so local hoping for MSRP but have sor of come to the conclusion that 55K would make me happy if i got what i wanted for that and was given a reasonable trade in value.

Goood luck & keep updates rolling

Well, for those who actually read my rants, etc, you know I have been one of the PSDS team, trying to be happy for those getting their shelbys, while resigning myself to a spring or early summer delivery. I actually convinced myself that waiting was best, since winter was coming, and also the job2 builds were to get an upgraded suspension.

NOW...........TO HELL WITH THAT!!!!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader: :happy feet: :happy feet:

my shelby is being built in November; no details yet, but at least the zone rep has called my small town dealer to let him know. Just got the call, actually a voicemail, from my dealer. Boy, wouldn't it be a great Christmas present to have it show up around mid december. Trying not to get my hopes up too high on that. White with blue striping, only option is interior upgrade. Can't wait to start the mod process, already have a long list of performance and appearance upgrades I am considering. Goal is to add around 100 hp at the rear wheel. From the experience of others, that is a reasonable goal while retaining reliability.

Now for the other issue; in a couple of weeks I will have final word on whether I can get another shelby, with an adm, but not too bad, in late spring or early summer timeframe. Might even be early 08 model. I just won't know until early Nov. I don't think my wife wants her own shelby, so will probably offer it to someone here. If you or someone you know wants to get one, and doesn't mind paying a small adm, let me know. I really don't want to join the ebay crowd, and I don't want to profit at all from it.

Now, the celebration begins. Wifey will definitely know something is up when she sees the big grin on my face.

post-2962-1161382429.gif post-2962-1161382468.gif

Congrats, bud. Mine's the same way...nothin' but the interior upgrade. You don't need the Shaker 1000 and I manage a radio station so "satellite sucks".

Re your need for speed. I can't get you 100rwhp. Will 99 do? For $699 bucks?

http://secure-order-area.net/paulshp/cgi-b...d=6310834_30702

No...I'm STILL not on his payroll, but I should be!!!

:shift:

bj

Congrats, KCMO!!!!!

I sure hope I get a nice surprise like that...still expecting Q2, 2007 though.

...that's what I was expecting also, this is really surprising to me. Now I really have to clean out the extra stall in the garage like my wife has been nagging me about!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, bud. Mine's the same way...nothin' but the interior upgrade. You don't need the Shaker 1000 and I manage a radio station so "satellite sucks".

Re your need for speed. I can't get you 100rwhp. Will 99 do? For $699 bucks?

http://secure-order-area.net/paulshp/cgi-b...d=6310834_30702

No...I'm STILL not on his payroll, but I should be!!!

:shift:

bj

...that looks like a good system; they are one of the ones I am considering. I also want to see what FRPP has to offer by then. I really want to put several thousand miles on the car before doing a good baseline dyno, and then the mods. I figure by then, a lot of the more complex issues with mods will have been sorted out. I also would like to get a local tuner involved; the guys with a mustang club I belong to have a lot of praise for him. He also did some work on a friend's camaro. Since I am not a hard core mechanic, I would like to find a single shop that can handle most of the mods I want.

Listen up, men.

What I'm about to say may touch some raw nerves. Ignore that.

What I'm about to say women will not understand.

What I'm about to say may go against all you've ever learned about being a man.

Try to say how you feel about cars. :hysterical2:

Congrats! :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader:

Congrats to you first of all.

2nd you are a good man for offering up #2 at your cost. I would be interested but likely can't as I want to trade in my 05 as part of the down payment. If I can do that and still get a vert ordered I would probably jump at it. I am based in Indy, IN and am on a few lists locally here and a few not so local hoping for MSRP but have sor of come to the conclusion that 55K would make me happy if i got what i wanted for that and was given a reasonable trade in value.

Goood luck & keep updates rolling

I was actually half a breath away from buying a really neat 05 mustang gt to hold me over until my shelby showed up next spring. Now of course, I am really glad I waited. I don't think the dealer I need to talk to is getting a vert, but I could check. I am guessing that one of your dealers will come thru before this other one would. Adm is going to be 5-6K or so. I know a lot of folks are trying for list, so if no one wants it, I'll just let the dealer know to move on to someone else.

Listen up, men.

thanks for the kind words.

I still want to be included in future missions, even tho psds is going away soon. :hysterical:

Tomcat.gif

Tomcat.gif

I was actually half a breath away from buying a really neat 05 mustang gt to hold me over until my shelby showed up next spring. Now of course, I am really glad I waited. I don't think the dealer I need to talk to is getting a vert, but I could check. I am guessing that one of your dealers will come thru before this other one would. Adm is going to be 5-6K or so. I know a lot of folks are trying for list, so if no one wants it, I'll just let the dealer know to move on to someone else.

Is the Tune in that Kit an SCT Tune...Congrats!!

I was suppose to get my car tomorrow...but no dealer phone call...today and no overnight drop offs (so I'm told). So I'm not sure when I'll get my car...hmmm more waiting...damn this is killing me!

Cheers,

Requis

post-2962-1161382429.gif post-2962-1161382468.gif

John, Great to here that the Shelby Gods are starting to to answer your prayers. That will be a lot of bows and ribbons to wrap up a shelby for christmas. I hope Michaels or Hobby Lobby have enough stock that is going to be one big package to wrap. Well as happy as I am for you I sit by the phone waiting for any shipping info. Since I talked to you last I have heard nothing. By next Tuesday it has been 30 days since my car was released to be shipped. My dealer called today and told me his computer screens have remained empty on any rail car activity for my vehicle. He said the regional rep has been notified and maybe we will get some info this next week. Take care and don't let Santa test drive that shelby. I hear he is bad on clutches.

Congrats. I will give you a shot of timing.

Keep in mind, we have a good idea how long the process has been taking from all the info here. November is an interesting schedule date. You have the shut down for a week for thanksgiving and two weeks for christmas. then all the catch up with everyone else. Be patient, you may not see your car until the end of January. And if you see it sooner better yet. I hope they get yours done and you get it for christmas. Good luck.

I am glad you are gonna get your car soon. You must be thrilled :happy feet: . Now about wifey; you said you were not sure she wants her own Shelby? Not sure? Get it for her man. Be a 2 Stang family. My wife loves her GT/CS. Maybe you should get her a new GT ?? :huh:

Listen up, men.

You know I just couldn't help but notice the similarities between the "nesting" that takes hold of pregnant women and the "nesting" that takes hold of men expecting a new (special)car. :baby:

You know I just couldn't help but notice the similarities between the "nesting" that takes hold of pregnant women and the "nesting" that takes hold of men expecting a new (special)car. :baby:

Yeah, I've been nesting.

I have been collecting care care products and stuff like that. The Garage is cleaner than it has ever been. I even bought a "Shelby Parking Only" sign for its space in the garage.

John, Great to here that the Shelby Gods are starting to to answer your prayers. That will be a lot of bows and ribbons to wrap up a shelby for christmas. I hope Michaels or Hobby Lobby have enough stock that is going to be one big package to wrap. Well as happy as I am for you I sit by the phone waiting for any shipping info. Since I talked to you last I have heard nothing. By next Tuesday it has been 30 days since my car was released to be shipped. My dealer called today and told me his computer screens have remained empty on any rail car activity for my vehicle. He said the regional rep has been notified and maybe we will get some info this next week. Take care and don't let Santa test drive that shelby. I hear he is bad on clutches.

Hi Larry

Its hard to believe your shelby has not shown up yet. It is certainly a weird transportation system. I'll try to give you a call next week to see how its going. take care, and say hi to judy

John

I am glad you are gonna get your car soon. You must be thrilled :happy feet: . Now about wifey; you said you were not sure she wants her own Shelby? Not sure? Get it for her man. Be a 2 Stang family. My wife loves her GT/CS. Maybe you should get her a new GT ?? :huh:

she is still pretty thrilled with her new freestyle; and the only "special" car she has ever consistently mentioned is a "cough cough" mercedes. I would have to save for awhile for that to happen. Plus, unfortunately the closest dealer is an hour or so away; makes service really hard.

Yeah, I've been nesting.

I have been collecting care care products and stuff like that. The Garage is cleaner than it has ever been. I even bought a "Shelby Parking Only" sign for its space in the garage.

my oldest son actually bought me a mustang parking only sign for my birthday in august. I figure that is close enough to count. Cleaning of the extra stall has now officially started.

Congrats KCMO!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Glad to hear that more StangsUnleashed members (gotta be careful that you specify around here :hysterical: ) are getting their Shelbys.

DLW

I'll try to re"member" that. :hysterical: Gosh, I just kill myself :hysterical::hysterical:

Congrats. I will give you a shot of timing.

Keep in mind, we have a good idea how long the process has been taking from all the info here. November is an interesting schedule date. You have the shut down for a week for thanksgiving and two weeks for christmas. then all the catch up with everyone else. Be patient, you may not see your car until the end of January. And if you see it sooner better yet. I hope they get yours done and you get it for christmas. Good luck.

I agree that in all likelihood, it will show up in January. That will actually keep me from having to pay personal property taxes (a few hundred dollars) on it in 2007. plus, if it showed up before Christmas, all my inlaws would be bugging me to drive it :doh:

The last time I was this anxious waiting for a car, was in winter 72, when as a 17 year old I was waiting for our new 442. Only had a 350 ci engine, so it was not as fast as my brother's 69, but boy did it shine. As a 442 lover, I am sure you can appreciate how much that car meant.

Thats great! I am rather tired of waiting, for my Shelby When I make it up that way I will have to look you up. I am currently looking at a 04 Mach 1. Since I bought a buz. there is a small cash folw problem along with time spent with the family. At least if I get this Mach 1 I can still take care of my mid life problem. I hope that you get the 2nd car as well after all got to keep the wife happy. I have not been able to keep up in the fourm so sorry for the slow response, Thats great news.

Thats great! I am rather tired of waiting, for my Shelby When I make it up that way I will have to look you up. I am currently looking at a 04 Mach 1. Since I bought a buz. there is a small cash folw problem along with time spent with the family. At least if I get this Mach 1 I can still take care of my mid life problem. I hope that you get the 2nd car as well after all got to keep the wife happy. I have not been able to keep up in the fourm so sorry for the slow response, Thats great news.

Family is first, and wifey being happy with daddy is far more a priority than any car. I am glad you have your priorities in order. Times will change and the car you want will come your way. My congrats for keeping the importand stuff 1st. If you get that 04 Mach 1, many of us want to hear about it, and see some photos.

:beerchug:

the '03/'04 Mach 1 is one of my favorite recent Mustangs. Definitely Cool. What color are you looking for?

I have found 3 one Yellow 04 with 24500 miles it's ok but had the piss driven out of it. It was a great car but the dealer sold it to this guy that had it for 3 days. He was unwilling to prove his income so they went a fetched it. The car had new tires on it I saw the lables on the tires befor the dealer sold the car two days later to this dude. He had the car for the 3 days now the back tires look as bald as my head! thats a bad thing. The daeler is very willing to work with me but new tires gone in three days just what would the clutch look like this car screams I took one of my friends (an Sheriff) I think from the smell he messed himself. :censored::hysterical: he asked where I learned to drive Ihope this question was not ment in a different way than I took it. There is a 03 Azure Blue one with 19143 miles went for a Sunday drive today to look at it when no sales people around but the car was not there? I have to call Monday. Then my fav. but it's 5 hours away 04 with 18000 miles. man I like the blue but there is nothing like a black car when its clean. (i told myself I would never geet another balck car)

Now should I get a Mach 1 and YOU ALL pass me by back off the gas just a little :tease: :cry: so I can say I almost ran with a Shelby. :shift::ohsnap::hysterical2:

KCMO-GT500 I can't wait till you get your GT Hell I think I see a sight survey for a sign up your way, I say ROAD TRIP and better yet I can take if off on taxes :doh: any IRS people out there.

My Kid just finished his pumpkin for OCT 31 here is a pic post-4000-1161571887_thumb.jpgI still like mine betterpost-4000-1161572741_thumb.jpg

post-4000-1161571887_thumb.jpg

post-4000-1161572741_thumb.jpg

I think I prefer the thong pic to your pumpkin....ewwww

my cat came down out of the ceiling to express his opinion :hysterical:

cat_in_toilet.gif

mcle

road trip sounds great; by the time I get mine, Larry over in Smithville (69shelbyforme) will have his blue coupe with white stripes, and we can have a hell of a weekend, or whatever. take care

cat_in_toilet.gif

Sounds Great just hope the snow stays away so you can enjoy washing and waxing in the nice cold weather that is on the way. You know what the say about our area if you don't like it now just wait a minute and it will change. We should invent the icicles microfiber cloth heavy duty non scratching water and ice spot remover with clay bar and auto wax applacator and remover. so we can get-r-done to spend time with the kiddies and the other half that is putting up with this PSDS stuff. did 69shelbyfome get the call? I have not been around much so did I miss it? Vista Blue with White stripe is what a have on order still have not made that call to get back my deposit. Hard to do I have picked up the phone several times but just can't bring my self to do it. But with all the support here it helps. On the bright side my wife is happy that the PSDS is starting to go away and she is starting to help me hunt down the Mach 1. We have talked about getting a Vista Blue GT but we want something you don't see very often. That is why I do my watersking this way! She turns just a little to fast though. I also have to make sure I don't piss off the driver post-4000-1161582637_thumb.jpg

post-4000-1161582637_thumb.jpg

Sounds Great just hope the snow stays away so you can enjoy washing and waxing in the nice cold weather that is on the way. You know what the say about our area if you don't like it now just wait a minute and it will change. We should invent the icicles microfiber cloth heavy duty non scratching water and ice spot remover with clay bar and auto wax applacator and remover. so we can get-r-done to spend time with the kiddies and the other half that is putting up with this PSDS stuff. did 69shelbyfome get the call? I have not been around much so did I miss it? Vista Blue with White stripe is what a have on order still have not made that call to get back my deposit. Hard to do I have picked up the phone several times but just can't bring my self to do it. But with all the support here it helps. On the bright side my wife is happy that the PSDS is starting to go away and she is starting to help me hunt down the Mach 1. We have talked about getting a Vista Blue GT but we want something you don't see very often. That is why I do my watersking this way! She turns just a little to fast though. I also have to make sure I don't piss off the driver waterskiing.jpg

larry/69shelbyforme was supposed to have his several weeks ago. Seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Its hard to believe that it is so hard to get these from the factory.

sending you a pm; give it a few minutes.

Archived