TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help finding a shop to build a roll cage

Matts

Does anyone know where I can find someone in the DFW area that is certified to build a SCCA regulated roll cage? I spoke with Nasa Texas and Motor Sport Ranch and they have no idea. Plus Quantum Performance and Dallas Mustang didn't have any references to give.

So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Does anyone know where I can find someone in the DFW area that is certified to build a SCCA regulated roll cage? I spoke with Nasa Texas and Motor Sport Ranch and they have no idea. Plus Quantum Performance and Dallas Mustang didn't have any references to give.

So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

First question: Why not go with an Autopower cage? They are SCCA Certified. That's what I'm putting in my Terlingua for the SCCA.

I know a guy here in Austin that does roll cages, but not DFW. Talk to Mike at Quantum. He knows of a shop that does some outstanding work in DFW. If it's SCCA or not is a different question but it shouldn't be a problem if they are worth a shit as builders.

Yeah I've looked into Auto-power, but I couldn't ever get a hold of a distributor.

The last guy I use here in San Angelo and Abilene Texas was new at building roll bars.

When I hit the wall It crumpled.

Call Black Racing 972-271-3076. They are in the Northeast Dallas/Garland area. Talk to Rick. He has replaced the roll hoops on my Formula Vee, built me suspension parts for the Vee, and is a fellow SCCA competitor. I trust him to keep me safe. If you call Black Racing, a guy named Hal may answer the phone. Hal works Tech Inspection at the races. He can help you out too.

Freddie

Archived