TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terllingua Brochure: Updated 11-28-08

robertlane

Guys,

I never heard of a 3.45 gearset for 8.8. Isn't that a 7.5 inch rear? Is it a mistake and should it be 3.55? A V6 has 3.31 standard. What about the 3.73? I think this would be the perfect performance gear for the Terlingua. What would you all do?

I heard price for the 3.73 option is $2900. The polished SC is $384 and seat covers are $1299.

I still want the seats. Sell them as an aftermarket add on. Ship them to us and let us install them. Would be no different than any other seat for racing. :beatdeadhorse:

No wheels and tires listed in base package??? No cold air kit??? No computer reprogramming? Just more money for less? Hummmmm

I'm pretty sure there is more than one error on this brochure.

As Patrick pointed out, what is a 3.45 gear? The previous brochure showed NO update to the rear end on the base package.

The base model never had the side exhaust? (& with the clearance issues I wouldn't want them on a street car)

Hopefully the omissions noted are also errors..................

My Terlingua has the 3.73 gearing, but I paid for the new 8.8" axle as well. We'll see how long it lasts before I kill it ;) This is why at Terlingua I wasn't running my car that hard. If ya all saw what I put my car through now, most of you would scream :lol: Let's just say that the Terlingua can drift quite nicely when you come into a corner a bit hot and miss your line.

I hear that the 9" rear is bullet proof.

I'm pretty sure there is more than one error on this brochure.

As Patrick pointed out, what is a 3.45 gear? The previous brochure showed NO update to the rear end on the base package.

The base model never had the side exhaust? (& with the clearance issues I wouldn't want them on a street car)

Hopefully the omissions noted are also errors..................

Completely agree with this too. Really want the rear dual exhaust setup, not side pipes.

I've already put a $6k deposit down on the base package and would like to know exactly

what I'm buying. Still planning on going forward with the build, but hope that this gets

cleared up soon.

Also noticed some adds, listing a "CS6 front fascia" instead of just adding a spoiler to the standard V6 front.

Now has quarter window block off, (which we didn't want--young driver can use all the visibility available), and side scoops which we had already requested as an extra.

And what's going on with the wheels/tires?

Do I now have to order them as a seperate upgrade?

Completely agree with this too. Really want the rear dual exhaust setup, not side pipes.

I've already put a $6k deposit down on the base package and would like to know exactly

what I'm buying. Still planning on going forward with the build, but hope that this gets

cleared up soon.

Also noticed some adds, listing a "CS6 front fascia" instead of just adding a spoiler to the standard V6 front.

Now has quarter window block off, (which we didn't want--young driver can use all the visibility available), and side scoops which we had already requested as an extra.

And what's going on with the wheels/tires?

Do I now have to order them as a seperate upgrade?

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Just talked with Tasca contact and 18" wheels/tires are still on his list. (Hope this is correct.)

Also the Pony Grill package is not, looks like the Base gets the very same front end as Performance.

He confirmed the switch to side exhaust, and removal of the CAI for the Base too.

My Base package has been ordered so once Tasca gets it. I'll post what was included.

My excitement is starting to build a bit more now that it's inching closer to being real. :happy feet:

Thanks Robert! :D

Good to see that wheels and tires are back, and very happy to have the rear dual exhaust.

(Looks like the side vs. rear exhaust will be the clue as if it is a Base or Performance version Terlingua.)

So the Base Model still has a "SHORT TROW SHIFTER" and "3.45" differential gears? And "yelloy" seats are an option? How is the Performance Model's included V6 spoiler different from the Optional Ford V6 spoiler? Are the Perf Quarter window covers longer than the Base QTR Window Block offs?

Or did I just download the "OLD" brochure again?

So the Base Model still has a "SHORT TROW SHIFTER" and "3.45" differential gears? And "yelloy" seats are an option? How is the Performance Model's included V6 spoiler different from the Optional Ford V6 spoiler? Are the Perf Quarter window covers longer than the Base QTR Window Block offs?

Or did I just download the "OLD" brochure again?

Not all V6 Mustangs use the V6 spoiler, many like on the V6 Pony use the GT spoiler.

Not all V6 Mustangs use the V6 spoiler, many like on the V6 Pony use the GT spoiler.

Actually, the "GT spoiler" was used on V6's in 2005 and 2006. For 2007+ V6 mustangs, they use the "V6 spoiler" (including Pony package). On the current 2009 models in addition, they offer a black satin GT spoiler as part of a special appearance package (including stripes, hood and side scoops).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived